History In The Making

Folks, this isn't about who you voted for or why, it's just an acknowledgement that we are, indeed, blessed to be part of this historical time in our great nation's life. No matter which side wins today, we will either have our first black president or our first woman vice president. That, Mean Green Nation, is something I, for one, am gald I was around to witness. I was born in a time when neither was possible from a practical standpoint. Amazing, simply amazing. Sure, maybe it took too long for us to "get here" as a nation, but WE ARE HERE! Right now, TODAY! And, each and every one of us should thank GOD that we are seeing this happen right before our very eyes...not to mention that we should Thank GOD that we live in this great nation of ours!

May God Bless and protect which ever candidate wins! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!

No matter who wins we will also have a left-handed president. Only our 6th I believe.

No matter who wins we will have a vice-president from a state with 3 electoral votes.

No matter who wins they will be the first president from their respective home state (counting Obama's as Hawaii & not IL).

Edited by Coffee and TV

Agreed, this is a historic day. My only regret is that too many people voted for someone because he is black, like they are, or they are overly apologetic about what happened in the past. Regardless of whether you believe in his polocies, you can't deny that many voted for these reasons.

Agreed, this is a historic day. My only regret is that too many people voted for someone because he is black, like they are, or they are overly apologetic about what happened in the past. Regardless of whether you believe in his polocies, you can't deny that many voted for these reasons.

I am truly sad for you if this minimalist, and mind you divisive, world view is one you actually hold. That you would reduce this historic day in our country's story to "racial solidarity" is disheartening...not to mention shortsighted considering it took thousands upon thousands of "whiteys" to elect the man.

Additionally how is this any more or less valid than the millions who have blindly voted upon party lines since this nation's inception?

And you can't deny that many voted for McCain because he's white. Just drop it.

90% of African-Americans voted for John Kerry - was it because he was black?

I never said that was the ONLY reason people voted for him. And yes, if it will make some of you feel better, I think its wrong for anyone to vote for McCain because he is white, and its wrong for anyone to vote for Hillary or Sarah because she is a woman.

Nice try about the Kerry analogy, unfortunately, both candidates were white males, so its a moot point.

History in the making? Please. There are so many countries that have already had black heads-of-state, it's not even something I'm willing to research and count. The fact that we've finally gotten around to doing something so basic doesn't mean all is forgiven with the powers-that-be. I am still withholding my financial support for this country until I see some real improvement in the way we run our operation and how we handle citizen support in the America Department. I've already mailed back my 4th of July tickets with a note explaining why I can't support America unless Nancy Pelosi (she's so mean! And she never wears U.S. Flag clothing!) is replaced with someone else.

And when are we going to solve the REAL problem? Mexico has had so many Hispanic presidents, I can't even tally them. Because of that vision for the future, their cuisine is dominating restaurants throughout our nation!! Can anyone say, PASSED US BY!!!? We need to act now before we fall even further behind our geographic and regional rivals, people!

I give you: Alan Keyes.

No?

I give you: Al Sharpton.

No?

I give you: Jesse Jackson.

No?

Ah F-ck it, you're hopeless.

History in the making? Please. There are so many countries that have already had black heads-of-state, it's not even something I'm willing to research and count. The fact that we've finally gotten around to doing something so basic doesn't mean all is forgiven with the powers-that-be. I am still withholding my financial support for this country until I see some real improvement in the way we run our operation and how we handle citizen support in the America Department. I've already mailed back my 4th of July tickets with a note explaining why I can't support America unless Nancy Pelosi (she's so mean! And she never wears U.S. Flag clothing!) is replaced with someone else.

And when are we going to solve the REAL problem? Mexico has had so many Hispanic presidents, I can't even tally them. Because of that vision for the future, their cuisine is dominating restaurants throughout our nation!! Can anyone say, PASSED US BY!!!? We need to act now before we fall even further behind our geographic and regional rivals, people!

Well played, but there is still no joy in flyover country, for mighty Johnny had struck out...

I heard that Giorgio Napolitano has been very inspired by these Mexican successes, especially in the culinary realm, and he has extended a hand toward Felipe De Jesus Calderon Hinojosa to join him in some sort of joint governing venture.

Pundits are skeptical saying that such an alliance would muddle the positive qualities of both cultures...not to mention that the grease would just be astronomical...however some feel that there is an underlying brilliance to such a union.

But I did find this in topic in the New York Times and you really can't trust a word that liberal rag has to say

I reread what I post, and maybe I didnt say it correctly. I was not trying to imply that the only reason people voted for him because of his race. Maybe I should have phrased it differently. Just for clarification, I believe it is wrong for anyone to vote for someone based on any reason other than he/she being the best and most qualified candidate, is wrong. However, this is a free country, so they have the right to vote for whatever reason they feel.

Im done with this topic. If you want to talk about this in a civil tone, send me a PM.

Edited by Rudy

Lets give props to people that didn't vote Obama simply because he was black. Politics from top to bottom is effed up.

Brilliant.

I am truly sad for you if this minimalist, and mind you divisive, world view is one you actually hold. That you would reduce this historic day in our country's story to "racial solidarity" is disheartening...not to mention shortsighted considering it took thousands upon thousands of "whiteys" to elect the man.

Additionally how is this any more or less valid than the millions who have blindly voted upon party lines since this nation's inception?

Emmitt, you throw out the work "Whitey" likes it no big deal but you'd be the first to scream and cry if someone used the N word or any other derogatory term for a black. Racism is a double edged sword.

Emmitt, you throw out the work "Whitey" likes it no big deal but you'd be the first to scream and cry if someone used the N word or any other derogatory term for a black. Racism is a double edged sword.

Hell yes - it's on.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155461

RACE WAR! RACE WAR EVERYBODY!!!!

I think he was using it in context of the discussion. Maybe not, but thats my opinion.

Besides, its just a word. One part of this country rising above racisim is not getting offended so easily. We have unfortunately become a nation of pu.. er wussies.

Edited by Rudy

Say, my :ph34r: , you ain't got a leg to stand on, nahwhaimsayin :ph34r: . Me and my :ph34r: s have lived through slavery b/c of "whitey"(proper usage), we been through Jim Crow b/c of "whitey"(proper usage), "whitey"(proper usage) killed Nat Turner, Denmark Vesey, Gabriel Prosser, MLK, Malcolm X, Biggie, Tupac, Arsenio Hall's career, my :ph34r: from Run DMC, and jello when you stopped letting Bill Cosby do those great ads. 250 years of " :ph34r: this"(proper usage), " :ph34r: that"(proper usage), "go get the horses, :ph34r: "(proper usage), "I'm Thomas Jefferson and I'm going to imrpegnate you, :ph34r: "(proper usage)...so yeah, you damn right I'm gonna scream if your honky ass says " :ph34r: "(proper usage).

Double-edge sword my ass.