Need A Dose Of Uniform Envy?

pollock

Marshall is sporting all-green uniforms. No stripes on the jerseys or pants. Green helmets with a big simple white M (ok, this sucks but wouldn't apply to us) on the side.

Too soon for Script throwbacks??

They look GOOD to! Ahhhh, what UA could have done with all green (or almost all green) :P

UA can't produce anymore "kelly" green uniforms, so don't look for green pants anytime soon. They can't figure out how to do "kelly" green warmups for our players to walk in with.

Are you serious or are you complaing about the warm ups again? I think it is so funny that you have such an issue with the warm ups. I agree they should be green but is it really that big of a deal? :clapping:

Edited by LAZER

Are you serious or are you complaing about the warm ups again? I think it is so funny that you have such an issue with the warm ups. I agree they should be green but is it really that big of a deal? :clapping:

No, they really can't, or at least that is what the UA rep and Mr Barrow's told me on the phone.

It does bother me, but I have given up, and just focused on making more cookies and trying to be sarcasitic.

What if we need to replace a uniform? I think the real reason is because we are not truly sponsored by UA. The only reason we have UA unis is because dodge had a contract with them at SLC. I do not even think UA even wants to sponsor us. This is just speculation but it would explain why UA does not have NT merch on the website.....

What if we need to replace a uniform? I think the real reason is because we are not truly sponsored by UA. The only reason we have UA unis is because dodge had a contract with them at SLC. I do not even think UA even wants to sponsor us. This is just speculation but it would explain why UA does not have NT merch on the website.....

The AD's office and UA told me that as soon as the last game is over, we will be able to buy the "coaches" shirt - i.e. the one like Dodge wears.

No, they really can't, or at least that is what the UA rep and Mr Barrow's told me on the phone.

It does bother me, but I have given up, and just focused on making more cookies and trying to be sarcasitic.

Replace cookies with face-painting jokes and you are living my life.

Marshall is sporting all-green uniforms. No stripes on the jerseys or pants. Green helmets with a big simple white M

First time for a Green Marshall helmet, and all Green uniforms called "Green Out" night vs Houston tonight. Click "Watch Story Video" on the right side of the article to see Marshall's new helmets and unis.

http://wowktv.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=46136

I dont have a problem with our uniforms nor did I have a problem with the old ones. However I just wish we had a better helmet. I think it's a copout when it just says North Texas. I think it should be our logo and would be better for the whole branding stuff...like the Longhorn logo. Or maybe a cool NT on the helmet would be nice too I think. Just my thought.

Edited by Green Mean

Yeah, I hate our helmets. The only thing worse it PennState, which is ours with the NorthTexas removed. Actually, I take that back, what's worse is the silly stickers that OhioState, etc. use. It's so highschool, that I'm surprised we aren't doing it.

I liked the green ones that Marshall had. Even with a simple NT, they'd look better than ours, but I'd prefer a logo or at least Mean Green.

gk

I dont have a problem with our uniforms nor did I have a problem with the old ones. However I just wish we had a better helmet. I think it's a copout when it just says North Texas. I think it should be our logo and would be better for the whole branding stuff...like the Longhorn logo. Or maybe a cool NT on the helmet would be nice too I think. Just my thought.

Ahhh...the old helmet argument. I don't have a problem with our current uniforms at all. The helmets would look great with the diving eagle on them. I don't like those Marshall ones. Maybe whoever said it's hard to match a kelly green helmet to a kelly green jersey was correct.

Here's a fun idea...can one of our gifted photoshop artists do a rendering of the Oklahoma State jersey's but with kelly green in place of the orange and the old style block lettering "NORTH TEXAS" in place of "COWBOYS" ??? Would look sweet!

608366.jpg

608375.jpg

We're 0-8 in football. 15 players just tested positive for drugs. We're ranked in the bottom 10 on ESPN. Countless national coverage on the drug issue. And RV roams the sidelines trying to play Jerry Jones.

And we have a thread on uniforms?? :blink:

You don't think the introduction of the white helmets and SLC style uniforms has anything to do with our current situation?

where is RV in all of this - no comments in the media and no posts on the message board.....hmmmm

Concerning to say the least. I would really like to see the administration be proactive in their response. Then again, he may be spending his day in Dr. B's office.

Concerning to say the least. I would really like to see the administration be proactive in their response. Then again, he may be spending his day in Dr. B's office.

If Dr.B is as pro athletics as I've heard, RV may be getting reamed NT vs OU style. Take a guess if RV will be NT or OU?

:lol: