Give

NT91

As soon as I see a well thought out, detailed, structured fund raising campaign for the new stadium, I am donating. It should be all inclusive, allowing people to contribute from $25 to $1million. We need everyone for this to work.

This is new territory for our athletic department having to plan and oversee a project of this magnitude. I hope within the next 30 days, like NT80 said in another post, that Rick will host a meeting where he will lay out how all of these pieces of the puzzle will fit together. There are so many I heard this and that from all of us on the board. A lot is factual, and some is just opinion. There was a comment attributed to Dr. B that said she wanted more private donations before beginning construction. I would like that to be clarified, because the message during the campaign was that all we needed to start was a "yes" vote from the students. Though it would be great to see plans, drawings ; just a meeting to present the facts would be welcome at this point. Perhaps it could be an informational meeting, and be the start of formal fundraising for the stadium. Rick has done a good job of helping UNT get to this point, but I think it is his responsiblility to now take a tighter grip at the helm, and communicate to the alumni where we are now, where we are going, and what is needed to get there.

Edited by Green Dozer

That's the spirit, Shaft, withdraw support when the going gets tough and jump right on that bandwagon when the wins start flowing. If you don't like where the football team is going, why not give to "other" athletic areas???? Or, academic areas for that matter????

Let me get this straight...if the football team doesn't win you withdraw all support from the entire University?

OK, your call. I simply don't get it.

That's the spirit, Shaft, withdraw support when the going gets tough and jump right on that bandwagon when the wins start flowing. If you don't like where the football team is going, why not give to "other" athletic areas???? Or, academic areas for that matter????

Let me get this straight...if the football team doesn't win you withdraw all support from the entire University?

OK, your call. I simply don't get it.

Good thing Shaft doesn't live in Chicago and is a Cub's fan. With this kind of attitude, he would sure be unhappy.

I'm noting giving the school a penny until they hire a college level coaching staff.

I don't understand your logic. Do you go to the games on Saturday and support the team and coaches we currently have? My guess is not since we don't have 'college level coaching'. I can't think of a more perfect definition of a fair-weathered fan. When watching any game, do you only cheer for the team that is currently winning?

Even if Shaft is right and we need a new coaching staff...

...where the hell do you think the money is going to come from, grandpappy?

I'm in as long as my check goes to someone who hasn't already told me my money isn't welcome there. I'll happily support a fundraiser who is there to actually try to raise funds.

Figured the admins might want me to edit this and use kinder language than in my original version. I believe "utterly moronic ass-clown" to be far more appropriate for all audiences (in referencing the genius type of fundraising being undertaken).

Edited by JesseMartin

Yes. I advocating boycotting/with holding any donations to the school until the coaching problem is resolved.

When the coaching issue is resolved are resume making donations. If its resolved in a timely fashion, I'll give the funds I withheld.

Yes. I advocating boycotting/with holding any donations to the school until the coaching problem is resolved.

When the coaching issue is resolved are resume making donations. If its resolved in a timely fashion, I'll give the funds I withheld.

It's not a coaching issue, it's simply a winning issue. If we were 6-2 everyone would be happy with the coaches and players.

Just remember there is a point system in place for buying season tickets and making donations. Those priority points will determine what seat you get in the new stadium.

I tried this with the MGC and all it did was get her promoted.

Huh?????? :blink:

Winning and coaching are one in the same. How you differentiate between the two is beyond me.

No. It's the 0-7 you don't like, not Coach Dodge. 5-2 and you're OK with Coach Dodge, right? If what caused the 0-7 is Coach Dodge's fault then we can talk about his abilities, but are we really sure yet? Some, like myself can't stand Tech's Coach Leach, regardless of his record. Would Leach have a different record with UNT's players? Is it the Coach, the system, the players, the assistants, the fans, the stadium, the weather; what is it that made us 0-7? That is what we need an answer to.