Dodge (unt) & Rodriguez (michigan)

Will to Win

ESPN

Looks like Michigan's AD is mirroring our AD when in comes to supporting and defending the Head football coach in light of disappointing loses.

Going from a run based offense to a spread offense is a major undertaking, I assume the same can be said if you are going form

a spread to a run based attack. The fact is, it's going to take time for things to click and when it does, all this pain we are faced with now will be a distant

memory.

ESPN

Looks like Michigan's AD is mirroring our AD when in comes to supporting and defending the Head football coach in light of disappointing loses.

Going from a run based offense to a spread offense is a major undertaking, I assume the same can be said if you are going form

a spread to a run based attack. The fact is, it's going to take time for things to click and when it does, all this pain we are faced with now will be a distant

memory.

If we had lost 4 games by a combined 38 points and beaten a top 10 team, I bet you'd see a lot more patience.

MONGO!!!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> Edited by Green P1

If we had lost 4 games by a combined 38 points and beaten a top 10 team, I bet you'd see a lot more patience.

Michigan fans won't wait 4-5 years for 3 wins in a season. Auburn just fired an offensive coordintor because of only 3 wins, and Clemson just canned their head coach in mid-season. There is no patience at the BS level....too many donors will complain with their wallet.

Edited by NT80

Once again I will use the Rice example. Coach Graham turned a one win Rice team that ran a triple option offense into a winner his first year. Not to mention in a tougher Conference than our own. Losing is one thing but looking absolutely horrible while doing it is entirely another. I will quote my coworker and friend that I embarrassingly took to the Rice game here in Houston. "That is the worst defense and special teams play I have ever seen in my life". Generally a pretty positive guy.

Sorry, but talent or no talent you still have to execute. Our players don't look like they know what sport they are playing sometimes. Reminds me of when I was little kid on my first soccer team. "Hey quit trying to catch that butterfly!"

My hope is this, Dodge was considered a genius at the High School level. Generally people who are great at their jobs know how to evolve and overcome. One formula does not fit all situations. Hopefully Dodge is this kind of man. Hopefully we have the guy that can figure out what HE is doing wrong and make the necessary changes. I am up to sending this program 2500 a year. I can hear the old man now, "quit throwing good money after bad!" But , what can I do? This is my alma mater and I love it. So hopefully Dodge and company will eventually prove to me it is money well spent. We shall see.

Michigan fans won't wait 4-5 years for 3 wins in a season. Auburn just fired an offensive coordintor because of only 3 wins, and Clemson just canned their head coach in mid-season. There is no patience at the BS level....too many donors will complain with their wallet.

I see what you're saying on Auburn, but I think Clemson is a poor comparison. Tommy Bowden was at Clemson for 10 years. While the mid-season argument has some merit, I think it's safe to say that the Clemson fans had some impressive patience in waiting for Bowden to win them a title.

What's the big deal about the transition other than needing a different sort of quarterback.... and receivers..... and oh yeah offensive linemen.

For what its worth, the first two years of ASU coaching transition weren't bad, the third year was a disaster with only three wins and only two other competitive games (one was Ole Miss and it was the most important game for ASU because a d-back recruit visiting Ole Miss that day called ASU and asked if we were still interested in him as a QB), the next year we went to the New Orleans Bowl.

I see what you're saying on Auburn, but I think Clemson is a poor comparison. Tommy Bowden was at Clemson for 10 years. While the mid-season argument has some merit, I think it's safe to say that the Clemson fans had some impressive patience in waiting for Bowden to win them a title.

?? Tommy Bowden was 72-45 with eight bowl appearances at Clemson. 3-3 this season and now fired? But we have patience at 2-16. :blink: