Cell Phone Suggestions?

My wife and I are looking to get new cell phones. We've had pretty basic service and about the only extra we really need is the ability to check email. I'm open to a Blackberry or something of that variety but haven't done my research yet.

Any one have any suggestions? Cell phones you really like, cell phones to stay away from, cell phones that are more trouble than they're worth?

Thanks

Not T-Mobile! We've been waiting for 2 years to get out of our contract, which ends Saturday. If you have a call, don't move your head, or it might drop. Doesn't matter how close to towers we've been, about 1/3 of our calls in 2 years' time drop, fail, etc. She even upgraded her phone, and still no luck.

Not T-Mobile! We've been waiting for 2 years to get out of our contract, which ends Saturday. If you have a call, don't move your head, or it might drop. Doesn't matter how close to towers we've been, about 1/3 of our calls in 2 years' time drop, fail, etc. She even upgraded her phone, and still no luck.

I have had T-Mobile for about 8 years now and I have loved the service. I used to get dropped calls once in a while but for the last few years I think i've only had dropped calls a hand full of times. As for phones I love the Blackberry if you have a purpose for that phone. If you will use the ammenities to a Blackberry then I recommend that for T-Mobile. The Data Plan is a good price in my opinion.

Thank you to everyone.

Has anyone used those phones that fold or slide open with a miniature QWERTY keyboard? I'm leaning towards the Blackberry-type device but was curious about these that look more like a regular phone but open up with a keyboard.

Edited by Smitty

I use a Samsung Blackjack.

Not totally blown away by it, but it does have a QWERTY keyboard built in, and Windows if you're into that stuff. E-mail feature is nice to have, as is the Internet browsing capability. Don't text much, but it's decent for that too, I guess. I would probably get another one when this one croaks.

Battery life is its drawback, IMO.

Thanks to everyone for your help. I find myself looking forward to having more than just a phone.

Of course, I've a learning curve ahead of me. I made all those cellphone wallpapers and I've never found out how to put one on my own phone. I've never even sent a text message. Ever.

• 7 months later...

Had 'em all.

Black Jacks, Black Jack II's, Blackberrys, and iPhones, both 2G and now 3G.

...iPhone is BY FAR the best phone I've ever had, bar none. My wife and I both have them, and 4 of my staff carry them.

Just got my iPhone today and loaded it up tonight. In roughly one hour of use, it is by far the best and easiest to use in terms of all the cell phones I have had. Blows the HTC Fuze out of the water that I had from AT&T for roughly 14 days. And to think I have barely touched the surface in terms of the apps.

Thanks to everyone for your help. I find myself looking forward to having more than just a phone.

Of course, I've a learning curve ahead of me. I made all those cellphone wallpapers and I've never found out how to put one on my own phone. I've never even sent a text message. Ever.

When we meet up for some eating, you think you can show me how to get one of the wallpapers on my iphone?

Just got my iPhone today and loaded it up tonight. In roughly one hour of use, it is by far the best and easiest to use in terms of all the cell phones I have had. Blows the HTC Fuze out of the water that I had from AT&T for roughly 14 days. And to think I have barely touched the surface in terms of the apps.

When we meet up for some eating, you think you can show me how to get one of the wallpapers on my iphone?

Yes. Probably. I admit it, I have not added a wallpaper to my new Blackberry. But I think I know how. I think.

Yes. Probably. I admit it, I have not added a wallpaper to my new Blackberry. But I think I know how. I think.

Email yourself a picture. Open the picture and save it in your pictures folder. Open it from the folder and use the menu to set it as your wallpaper.

• 3 months later...

I use a Samsung Blackjack.

Not totally blown away by it, but it does have a QWERTY keyboard built in, and Windows if you're into that stuff. E-mail feature is nice to have, as is the Internet browsing capability. Don't text much, but it's decent for that too, I guess. I would probably get another one when this one croaks.

Battery life is its drawback, IMO.

I have a BJII and my wife has a BJIII. Stop giggling.

We like them plenty good.

I posted about the Samsung Instinct, not sure if you looked at it. It is pretty easy to operate. One of the best features is visual voicemail. There is a button that you push and it lists all of your voice mail messages. You can select the voice mail you want to listen to without listening to all of the messages.

One caution on the Blackberries, both of my parents have one. My mom has the Pearl. Her mic is so sensitive it picks up everything. When we are talking and she is in the office, I can even hear her folding paper. I ofen get distracted and lose my train of thought because the background noise is so loud.

Edited by Rudy