Unt-lsu Update

Brett Vito

Keep your negativity in the comfort of your mansions.

I would imagine that it's only the mansion dwellers that will be able to afford the $45 tickets and the God knows how much parking. Just think, next year Jerry Jones will have his billion dollar stadium built, so when LSU next has to come to town, Jerry can charge all the LSU fans a $30,000 seat license fee -- student special...only $15K per seat!

In all seriousness, I'd love to go. I've never been to Texas Stadium, and the ole' gal's about to take her last bow. Alas the wife isn't gonna' let me spend that kind of money these days.

Not to ignore the problems in Louisiana, but this would be a great deal for UNT. We save money by not having to fly to Baton Rogue and book hotel rooms, and instead just need to take a 25 mile bus ride to Irving.

According to one of the posters over at TigerDroppings, the decision won't be made until mid-week.

Edited by UNTflyer

Q. Are we still considered Tiger-bait if we're in Irving instead of Baton Swamp?

Yes, but the Irving Police will probably reduce the amount the LSU fans spit on the opposing fans in the stands. They certainly should reduce the amount of cups filled with questionable liquids hurled on opposing fans. I'm NEVER going to a game in Baton Rouge but will if the game is in Irving.

Yes, but the Irving Police will probably reduce the amount the LSU fans spit on the opposing fans in the stands. They certainly should reduce the amount of cups filled with questionable liquids hurled on opposing fans. I'm NEVER going to a game in Baton Rouge but will if the game is in Irving.

That's interesting. I had a really great time at the super regionals in Baton Rouge. I got the whole "Tiger Bait" treatment thing, but it passed quickly and I found myself feasting on crawfish, jambalaya and beer in no time. Maybe their baseball fans are more civil?

The center of the projected path at 4:30 this morning puts the storm center going just a few miles west of Baton Rouge. I've heard that the Governor of LA is asking for a pre-landfall disaster declaration and has put in a request to keep the out of state Nation Guard units in LA.

Here's the projected path: http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atlstorm9...ml?from=hp_news

I definitely agree that this would be a good thing for UNT....however, i do not belive we would save "hotel" costs. I think Coach Dodge has the team stay in a hotel the night before even a home game. Go figure. I wonder what that costs? Don't most of the players reside in Victory Hall? Can the coaches not keep them "controlled" there before a home game as opposed to paying the cost for a hotel before a home game?

No problem for me, I am just fairly "conservative" when it comes to trying to save dollars. You could "save" that cost for each home game and add it to the stadium fund perhaps.

Anyone know if they do, in fact, stay at a hotel the night before a home game? If so, what is the cost? Maybe the hotel donates the rooms. If so, GREAT!

I think Coach Dodge has the team stay in a hotel the night before even a home game.

Yes he does but so does just about everyone D1 school.

Don't most of the players reside in Victory Hall?

No they don't. Only the freshmen and sophmores.

Can the coaches not keep them "controlled" there before a home game as opposed to paying the cost for a hotel before a home game?

What is the issue with "controlling" the team before a home game?

If so, what is the cost? Maybe the hotel donates the rooms. Don't know the cost and no the hotels don't donate. Do your research and you will see that the the majority of D1 football programs put their teams up in a hotel the night before a home game. It has to do with being a team, sharing meals together, team and postion meetings. Even if they all lived in Victory Hall, it would still cost the athletic department to have the dining hall open for special meals on Saturday. The team has a special diet on Friday night, Saturday breakfast and pre-game meal. Lots of protein and carbs. Not sure Victory cafeteria could do that for just the football team and not the rest of the student body that lives at Victory. Not only do some of the football players live at Victory but so do some of the other freshman athletes and non athletes. Are you going to tell these residents they can't eat in the dining hall of their dorm because the football team has taken it over?

The center of the projected path at 4:30 this morning puts the storm center going just a few miles west of Baton Rouge. I've heard that the Governor of LA is asking for a pre-landfall disaster declaration and has put in a request to keep the out of state Nation Guard units in LA.

There are still areas of Baton Rouge without power from Gustav. I was told at tailgating on Saturday that the team hotel in Baton Rouge just got their power backSaturday morning. Remember, Baton Rouge becomes a staging area for hurricane operations. That means the entire city including the campus at LSU is taken over for emergency operations. There will be no rooms for LSU or UNT fans for a football game this weekend if IKE continues on its current course.

Here's the projected path: http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atlstorm9...ml?from=hp_news

Plus you can check the National Hurricane Center. The path has it set for Galveston/Houston right now, but that could change every 12 hours or so. Just like the last two or three, I'm betting it turns last minute and devastates LA again. Being played at Texas Stadium is probably almost a reality. LSU can't afford to lose the revenue for this game. The area will probably be evacuated to Dallas anyway. :)

National Hurricane Center - Hurricane IKE

Plus you can check the National Hurricane Center. The path has it set for Galveston/Houston right now, but that could change every 12 hours or so. Just like the last two or three, I'm betting it turns last minute and devastates LA again. Being played at Texas Stadium is probably almost a reality. LSU can't afford to lose the revenue for this game. The area will probably be evacuated to Dallas anyway. :)

National Hurricane Center - Hurricane IKE

LSU wants a game before it has to go play at Auburn. Yes, we are practice-fodder for them. <_<

Here is a great storm tracking site

stormpulse.com

We use this where I work, Commercial Property Insurer. We write Tulane and some other large risks down there.

According to this site, they have the storm hitting the Galveston/Houston area.

As for the hotel, Dodge and team stayed at the Holiday Inn this past weekend. I know several times last year, he actually took them outside of Denton to stay on home games.

Why is this game being played? Don't get me wrong I hate the thought of eating my ticket to New Orleans but is anyone really going to be focused on this game with so much potential destruction and distraction going on over a 500 mile span of people, homes, life!

GMG

There are still areas of Baton Rouge without power from Gustav. I was told at tailgating on Saturday that the team hotel in Baton Rouge just got their power backSaturday morning. Remember, Baton Rouge becomes a staging area for hurricane operations. That means the entire city including the campus at LSU is taken over for emergency operations. There will be no rooms for LSU or UNT fans for a football game this weekend if IKE continues on its current course.

True, we tried booking rooms around Baton Rouge area and they are booked. Option #2 for me and my family are my relatives in Slidell or Hammond.

I hope Texas Stadium will be announced soon!

Why is this game being played? Don't get me wrong I hate the thought of eating my ticket to New Orleans but is anyone really going to be focused on this game with so much potential destruction and distraction going on over a 500 mile span of people, homes, life!

GMG

This is LSU football you are talking about here. My cousin lives in Baton Rouge and is a huge LSU fan. For them, LSU football is more important than life.