New Posting To The Board

AstroMike

I've been lurking on this board for a couple of years now, and was really just to lazy to create a profile. I've gotten alot of great info from it over that time. As a new guy posting on here I wanted to introduce myself. I'm UNT class of '92 and also have a couple of graduate degrees from there along with graduate work at Texas A&M (don't hold that against me). I work as an Assistant-Principal and NASA Educational Trainer. My goal is to be the first Mean Green Astronaut (I just sent my application in for the second time).

I've been a season ticket holder for the last couple of years, and usually made it to one or two games a year prior to that. My wife and kids and I live north of Denton and I try to contribute to the school and direct students I have had to our fine institution.

Welcome to the board AstroMike! I you realize your dream of being an Astronaut someday. In the meantime, visit the board often and support the Mean Green.

BTW, have you made it over to Frenchy's Italian Restaurant yet? Great food and the place has been frequented by many Astronauts over the years. It's right off of NASA I, close to the Space Center.

Welcome and good luck with that astro thing. I'll look forward to seeing the UNT flag on the moon one of these days.

By the way.....are you a member of the Exes/Alumni Assoc.? Mean Green Club? As a season ticket holder I know you are both a fan and a supporter of the program. Great to have you on GMG.Com....jump on in, the ater's fine!

Thanks for the welcome and the greetings. I am a member of the Exes/Alumni Assoc. and will be at the tailgating event Saturday night with my brother (another alum and member of the board already) and a friend of ours. I have a former student that has been redshirted (Aaron Fortenberry from Era, TX). A great kid to have in the program.

I haven't thought of planting the Mean Green flag on the moon, but it needs to be done. I'm just hoping for a spot on the Vomit Comet in January. If I nail down a slot maybe I can get a picture in a MG jersey or shirt for the school or at least hang up a pennant.

Go Mean Green!