Drake May Move To Guard

MCMLXXX

I have heard from a pretty solid person, that if the coaches determine that Drake isn't going to be healthy enough to play the mojority of the season, the will consider using the redshirt he never used for the 2008 season.

May not be a bad idea if he is going to miss half the season or so getting acclimated to playing every daown again...I know he has been a starter, but he has missed a lot of football, and it is going to take some time to get into "every down football shape"

I have heard from a pretty solid person, that if the coaches determine that Drake isn't going to be healthy enough to play the mojority of the season, the will consider using the redshirt he never used for the 2008 season.

May not be a bad idea if he is going to miss half the season or so getting acclimated to playing every daown again...I know he has been a starter, but he has missed a lot of football, and it is going to take some time to get into "every down football shape"

I have heard similar things and I agree with you 100% - let the guy get healthy and use the redshirt if he is still healing.

I think Ickey Woods did less shuffling in his career as a running back with the Cincinnati Bengals than UNT has done with its offensive linemen the last couple of weeks.

It makes me a little nervous seeing this much tinkering going on this close to the season opener. I'd rather not go into Manhattan with a whole squad adjusting to new positions.

Guest GrayEagleOne

I hope that they do not move him to guard. It might save a little wear and tear on his ankle but not enough to withstand a season. A healthy Kelvin Drake is the best center in the conference. Please don't change that. If he can't go, apply for a medical redshirt.

This sucks! Losing our best piece to our worst part of the team and being the center makes it a pointed shoe kick to the boys! I like Johnson and I think he's going to be a hell of a player, but this is probably going to make an already mediocre OL worse.

Edited by Green Crazy