Cook Out

I'm going to make the wild prediction that the school will make an announcment at the cook out on Saturday. With all the talk about a new stadium, coming from Dodge and the recruits, I think something is up. They wouldn't say things like that for the paper unless they ment to leak it. I think they will have a revised design and a date for the ground breaking. What do you guys think?

They might very well at least make an annoucement that they have a new conceptual design, and show some architectural renderings/sketches to start generating interest. Think about it, this is the last big public gathering prior to football season starting, so this would be the perfect time to at least show some ideas and discuss them publically in person.

I cant make it to the cookout, so Im asking PLEASE, if there ARE renderings or whatever, SOMEBODY TAKE A PICTURE OF THEM AND POST THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remarks are only scheduled for 15 minutes from 8:15pm - 8:30 when the event ends. This will probably include only pep talks from RV and TD. I would not expect any stadium info until after some kind of student fee passes to fund it.

The stadium info will come out before the referendum... to do otherwise would be stupid. You are only going to win over the fence sitters if you show them what they are voting for.

And I agree, the stadium designs SHOULD be shown at the Cookout, but that just means they won't.

The stadium info will come out before the referendum... to do otherwise would be stupid. You are only going to win over the fence sitters if you show them what they are voting for.

And I agree, the stadium designs SHOULD be shown at the Cookout, but that just means they won't.

Oh, I agree the students should and probably will be given stadium info well before any vote, especially drawings and pics (I hope). But I don't know if the older UNT fanbase will see much info until after the vote.

Edited by NT80

They might very well at least make an annoucement that they have a new conceptual design, and show some architectural renderings/sketches to start generating interest. Think about it, this is the last big public gathering prior to football season starting, so this would be the perfect time to at least show some ideas and discuss them publically in person.

I cant make it to the cookout, so Im asking PLEASE, if there ARE renderings or whatever, SOMEBODY TAKE A PICTURE OF THEM AND POST THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't someone post photos of the new uniforms last year from the cookout and they had to be taken down?

It was from the Football 101 which was before the cookout.

yea... that was me "unveiling" the unis early from football 101. Just got home from this years 101 event... sorry guys -- No stadium news. :(

HOWEVER - RV did mention that the stadium is like rolling a snowball up hill... but when we get to the top we are going to roll right over the Tech's, TCU's, SMU's, UTEP's, Houston's and TULSA's on the way down! Interesting also that they mentioned a newly opened bank in town that is owned by an alum. I forget the name but perhaps they would make a great stadium sponsor? :)

Aside from that the event, as always, was awesome. I've been to the last 5 of them and Mandy always goes out of her way to make it fun for all involved.

The cookout is still free to season ticket holders who bought their tickets prior to the renewal deadline, right? Just wanted to make sure that's still the case.

You had to RSVP for your free/comp tickets last week. Call the ticket office, otherwise $20 per adult cookout ticket. Overflow parking is at Victory Hall dorm this year.

Edited by NT80

I did not RSVP because I am on vacation, but I did renew in time to get free tickets to this. Someone please use them. My name is Scott Campbell. Ath dept employees that monitor the board, please accept this as my OK to let someone use my tickets for me. Cell: 214.683.8956.

Scott Campbell

Flower Mound, TX

As I recall...food is free, but if you wanted a beer (or wine, I think they had wine) you had to pay for that...food lines were really LONG...my wife and I are going to eat before we go and just enjoy a few beers at the event. I hope they have "fixed" the food line mess for ths year...See you there!

As I recall...food is free, but if you wanted a beer (or wine, I think they had wine) you had to pay for that...food lines were really LONG...my wife and I are going to eat before we go and just enjoy a few beers at the event. I hope they have "fixed" the food line mess for ths year...See you there!

We are also eating before the event due to long food lines in the past. RV mentioned the location has changed from the deck to I believe the side of the AC? for more shade. This would be a good change with expected temp to 105. Why can this not be held inside on the floor of the SuperPit?

Edited by NT80