Email From Rick

UNTflyer

I emailed Rick and Mandy last night and asked two questions about the Mean Green Club:

1. What did he think of holding quarterly meetings?

2. What did he think about some kind of member advisory board.

His response follows:

We will soon have a quarterly update. We are very close to having a lot of information to share [my emphasis] and that is important when you have one of these meetings. I think it would also be great to have a Mean Green Club board but I will check with Mandy and Jon Burkett, our new Mean Green Club Director [my emphasis] to get our thoughts. Hope to see you soon.

Go MEAN GREEN!

Rick

Edited by UNTflyer

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot of talk but I am giving him the benefit of the doubt on this one

Nice work Flyer

This line in Mandy's bio scares me though

While she remains as the Executive Director of Mean Green Club, McKinley will take on additional duties in the coming year as it relates to all capital campaign projects within the athletic department

Edited by Green Nightmare

• 6 months later...

I emailed Rick and Mandy last night and asked two questions about the Mean Green Club:

His response follows:

We will soon have a quarterly update. We are very close to having a lot of information to share [my emphasis] and that is important when you have one of these meetings. I think it would also be great to have a Mean Green Club board but I will check with Mandy and Jon Burkett, our new Mean Green Club Director [my emphasis] to get our thoughts. Hope to see you soon.

Go MEAN GREEN!

Rick

Just bored and searching a bit and found this,

Did you ever get a "quarterly update " ??

Just wandering and not trying to sound negative because I never did or heard anything

Edited by NT03

His response follows:

Go MEAN GREEN!

Rick

I always thought that MGC (based on the definition of clubs) was a misnomer. Most clubs meet or gather on a regular basis. Here's a free health tip for you Flyer. Don't hold your breath while you are waiting to hear something.

Edited by SilverEagle

I just think it's nice that Rick has someone in Flyer who will always play the role of mouth-piece when his busy schedule doesn't allow him to post cryptic "good things are coming" messages personally.

I have lots of roles, Emmitt.

Alum. Grad student. MGC member. SGA Senator. Student Affairs Chairman. Pit Crew leader.

But don't mistake my sharing an email for being the mouthpiece of the athletics department. I share the information that I receive in the normal course of my other roles on campus. I am critical of the many mistakes made by our AD, but I am confident that this university is moving in the right direction. I know it's a process that is moving slower than most of us hoped for, but it is better than moving backwards.

That's it Emmitt01...JUMP ON FLYER. All he has done is provide great info and hard work on behalf of everyone on GMG.Com and, in fact, the entire student body at UNT. Nice job Emmitt01. You might want to send Flyer a little private message and "explain" that "mouthpiece" comment a bit. Lame, very lame. :angry:

That's it Emmitt01...JUMP ON FLYER. All he has done is provide great info and hard work on behalf of everyone on GMG.Com and, in fact, the entire student body at UNT. Nice job Emmitt01. You might want to send Flyer a little private message and "explain" that "mouthpiece" comment a bit. Lame, very lame. :angry:

That's not really necessary. Emmitt is entitled to his opinion.

Agreed 100%, but sometimes the "better thing to do" is to think and keep certain opinions to oneself. Emmitt01 is a good guy, I have met him and he is a great member of the Mean Green Nation, but do not think such "opinions" need be expressed here.

Agreed 100%, but sometimes the "better thing to do" is to think and keep certain opinions to oneself. Emmitt01 is a good guy, I have met him and he is a great member of the Mean Green Nation, but do not think such "opinions" need be expressed here.

I'm glad you think I'm a good guy, just sorry you didn't realize that the brunt of my criticism in my last post was directed at our athletic department and not flyer. Like he says, he only reports the news he is given...even when the news he is given isn't really news but a new spin on the "hold on and we'll have real news soon" theme.

Edited by emmitt01