Al Gore's Energy Useage Could Power 232 U.s. Homes.

I just wish my party still fielded a candidate.

Me too... every vote siphoned from a Democrat is a victory. :D

Funny that you guys oppose tax incentives for businesses that will actually create jobs and products and, hence, more tax revenue but you have no problem taking my tax money and giving it to loser welfare cases and hundreds of failed social programs.

So what is it that bothers you about a business "taking" your money (they don't, you can choose to buy their product or not), and why do you feel it is so much better to have the government take your money (where you have no choice at all)?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weinie Wuss point of view?

Let's see, I believe that Al Gore was actually "boots on the ground" in Viet Nam.

Gore was a field reporter in Vietnam. Gore opposed the Vietnam War and could have avoided serving overseas by accepting a spot in the National Guard that a friend of his family had reserved for him, or by other means of avoiding the draft. Gore has stated that his sense of civic duty compelled him to serve in some capacity.[16]

He enlisted in the United States Army on August 7, 1969. After basic training at Fort Dix, Gore was assigned as a military journalist writing for The Army Flier, the base newspaper at Fort Rucker.[16] With seven months remaining in his enlistment, Gore was shipped to Vietnam, arriving on January 2, 1971.[16] He served with the 20th Engineer Brigade in Bien Hoa.

Meanwhile, the "current occupant" was AWOL from the conflict, as was his evil VP, who "had other things to do at that time". But both of them think it's an ok idea to send our troops to die for Haliburtons economic gain.

I'll take Gore (and his perceived hypocracy) any day over the "chicken hawks" that currently occupy our white house.

So, if anything, the current occupant and his VP represent the weinie wuss point of view, more than anyone else.

Edited by SilverEagle

Weinie Wuss point of view?

Let's see, I believe that Al Gore was actually "boots on the ground" in Viet Nam.

Gore was a field reporter in Vietnam. Gore opposed the Vietnam War and could have avoided serving overseas by accepting a spot in the National Guard that a friend of his family had reserved for him, or by other means of avoiding the draft. Gore has stated that his sense of civic duty compelled him to serve in some capacity.[16]

He enlisted in the United States Army on August 7, 1969. After basic training at Fort Dix, Gore was assigned as a military journalist writing for The Army Flier, the base newspaper at Fort Rucker.[16] With seven months remaining in his enlistment, Gore was shipped to Vietnam, arriving on January 2, 1971.[16] He served with the 20th Engineer Brigade in Bien Hoa.

Meanwhile, the "current occupant" was AWOL from the conflict, as was his evil VP, who "had other things to do at that time". But both of them think it's an ok idea to send our troops to die for Haliburtons economic gain.

I'll take Gore (and his perceived hypocracy) any day over the "chicken hawks" that currently occupy our white house.

So, if anything, the current occupant and his VP represent the weinie wuss point of view, more than anyone else.

Oh boy...things just got fun...I believe I may just kick my heals up for a bit and watch this unfold.

Neo-cons...fire away!

Did you know that George Bush is worst than Hitler ever was? :D

9/11 was an inside job. Halliburton made billions off planning the staged attack. The passengers never existed. The tearful families were actually actors who have been slowly killed off one by one. All the Jews called in sick that day. Dick Cheney's Secret Service detail helped plant the explosives. Fire has never melted steel. Ever. A missile was lobbed at the Pentagon from a super-secret stealth submarine that was floating in the Potomac at a depth of 75 feet.

Almost as much as immigrants & pit bulls.

No way. Bleeding heart Lib's are much more scary. At least you know what a Pit bull's intentions are, giving you ample chance to correct their problem. A BHL could be right next to ya and you'd never know it until it's too late. :P

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Oh you should have been ther for our trip to Baylor a few years back. Shortest drive to Waco in years. Did you know that George Bush is worst than Hitler ever was?:D

Love you too, Silver!

Rick

That's not as shocking as finding out that our attacking Iraq was just as valid as our declaration of war against Japan. Otherwise, who knows? If the current administration misrepresented (and/or lied) about the threat of WMD's, then the attack on Pearl Harbor could just as well have been a Democrat-driven-Hollywood-produced fake-event, to give us the perfect excuse to declare war on Japan. And I was equally shocked to find out that we declared war on Germany.

Gore was a field reporter in Vietnam... Gore was assigned as a military journalist writing for The Army Flier, the base newspaper at Fort Rucker.[16] With seven months remaining in his enlistment, Gore was shipped to Vietnam, arriving on January 2, 1971.[16] He served with the 20th Engineer Brigade in Bien Hoa.

Gore wrote for the freaking base newspaper. Yep, he was serving our country fighting the enemy! Pretty much the same as the imbedded journalist of today that do nothing but stir up conflict at home over how our military operates.

I hear Gore also received a Purple Heart for a nasty paper cut.

Al Gore Eats Baby Carrots !!

Film at 11:00.

It is this type of sensationalism from both sides of the aisle, that is destroying American's ability to compromise.

Years ago, people go agree to disagree with their political opponents and work toward compromise, now everyone spends so much time demonizing each other, and the people just keep sucking it up like pigs at the trough, that it is impossible to work with the enemy.

IDIOTS.

I could not agree more with your statement. It is high time people turn off Sean Hannity or Randi Rhodes and start working towards compromise on the issues.

Gore wrote for the freaking base newspaper. Yep, he was serving our country fighting the enemy! Pretty much the same as the imbedded journalist of today that do nothing but stir up conflict at home over how our military operates.

I hear Gore also received a Purple Heart for a nasty paper cut.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Gore

Go to the Viet Nam section. The photo shows him holding a gun......which makes him a combatant in the eyes of the enemy. Of course, I'm sure it was just a prop. :rolleyes: But even if he did get no more than a paper cut........AT LEAST HE WAS THERE! AND NOT STATE SIDE SERVING HIS OWN PERSONAL INTEREST(S).

Go to the Viet Nam section. The photo shows him holding a gun......which makes him a combatant in the eyes of the enemy. Of course, I'm sure it was just a prop. :rolleyes: But even if he did get no more than a paper cut........AT LEAST HE WAS THERE! AND NOT STATE SIDE SERVING HIS OWN PERSONAL INTEREST(S).

I appreciate all who serve in our military, whether or not a bullet ever comes near them. Neither Al Gore nor George W. Bush should be demeaned for their military service, unless they try to make it mean something more than it really means.

If you want a real war hero, look to George H.W. Bush or John McCain.

SilverEagle, make no mistake, you are my friend. But have you ever been to Bien Hoa, South Vietnam? That was one of our largest bases there. When big shots like Lyndon Johnson flew into Viet Nam, that's where he flew into. I'm not say Bien Hoa didn't have their fair share of action (Tet Offensive), but if that is where Algore served, writing for a newspaper, he might as well been stateside. But, like someone said, at least he served when called up.

And to those he bad mouth Halliburton, let us not forget that it was Brown & Root who built the infrastructure/docks/facilities in Cam Rhan Bay, South Viet Nam for our military. Yes, the military that was put over there by JFK and Lyndon B Johnson. BTW, JFK was a damn good man.

........AT LEAST HE WAS THERE! AND NOT STATE SIDE SERVING HIS OWN PERSONAL INTEREST(S).

This is getting absurd.

Bush AND Gore both VOLUNTEERED to serve their country during Vietnam. Gore went to Vietnam with 7 months of service left and ended up being in-country for like 5 months, in a combat zone. He got discharged early to go to divinity school, and that was a common practice. He was in a fairly safe environment in Vietnam.

Bush flew fighter jets, volunteered for 'Nam but was turned down. He got out of Guard 8 months early to go to Harvard. He was also in a fairly safe environment (though I would say flying jets stateside is probably slightly more dangerous that being a reporter at what was one of the safest and well-guarded bases in South Vietnam, but that is neither her nor there).

Both men got special attention from their superiors because they were sons of politicians. It happens. Teddy Roosevelt's son was denied requests to land in Normandy, but eventually convinced his superiors to let him lead a company on D-Day.

The fact that Bush was stateside says nothing about his courage or commitment. Something like 70% of the armed forces never set foot in Vietnam during their service, but they all served their country and I would not dare to question the courage or commitment of any of them.

Edited by UNTflyer

That's not as shocking as finding out that our attacking Iraq was just as valid as our declaration of war against Japan. Otherwise, who knows? If the current administration misrepresented (and/or lied) about the threat of WMD's, then the attack on Pearl Harbor could just as well have been a Democrat-driven-Hollywood-produced fake-event, to give us the perfect excuse to declare war on Japan. And I was equally shocked to find out that we declared war on Germany.

Yeah, twice even.

Rick

This is getting absurd.

Bush AND Gore both VOLUNTEERED to serve their country during Vietnam. Gore went to Vietnam with 7 months of service left and ended up being in-country for like 5 months, in a combat zone. He got discharged early to go to divinity school, and that was a common practice. He was in a fairly safe environment in Vietnam.

Bush flew fighter jets, volunteered for 'Nam but was turned down. He got out of Guard 8 months early to go to Harvard. He was also in a fairly safe environment (though I would say flying jets stateside is probably slightly more dangerous that being a reporter at what was one of the safest and well-guarded bases in South Vietnam, but that is neither her nor there).

Both men got special attention from their superiors because they were sons of politicians. It happens. Teddy Roosevelt's son was denied dangerous missions in WWII.

The fact that Bush was stateside says nothing about his courage or commitment. Something like 70% of the armed forces never set foot in Vietnam during their service, but they all served their country and I would not dare to question the courage or commitment of any of them.

All good points. Did you know that in the Viet Nam conflict roughly 75-80% of the troops over there at any given time were in support roles only. I could be a little off on the %(could be 90%), but I'm close enough. That means that 20% were actual combat arms troops-Infantry, Armor, Artillery, and Combat Engineers. This doesn't mean that the 80% were not in harms way, however.

Just thought I would point that out.

I agree, this IS getting silly. I'm no fan of Gore or his politics but I still think he served honorably and should be commended for it. Keep in mind that military service isn't a prequisite for being commander in chief. Woodrow Wilson, and Franklin D Roosevelt all managed to lead the country through world wars and neither of them served a day in the military.

This is getting absurd.

Both men got special attention from their superiors because they were sons of politicians. It happens. Teddy Roosevelt's son was denied requests to land in Normandy, but eventually convinced his superiors to let him lead a company on D-Day.

Great points. I read George McGovern's book "The Wild Blue" which was an acount of his days of training stateside and then deployment over seas as a pilot in a B 24 during WWII, and what was most shocking was how many men died here in the U.S. trying to learn their navigation systems and such. Just an incredible group of men during that era. It got me thinking about the stateside training of the F-102 which Bush Jr. flew, and I came upon THIS.

Even in peacetime conditions, F-102 pilots risked their lives on every flight. Only highly-qualified pilot candidates were accepted for Delta Dagger training because it was such a challenging aircraft to fly and left little room for mistakes. According to the Air Force Safety Center, the lifetime Class A accident rate for the F-102 was 13.69 mishaps per 100,000 flight hours, much higher than the average for today's combat aircraft. For example, the F-16 has an accident rate of 4.14, the F-15 is at 2.47, the F-117 at 4.07, the S-3 at 2.6, and the F-18 at 4.9. Even the Marine Corps' AV-8B, regarded as the most dangerous aircraft in US service today, has a lifetime accident rate of only 11.44 mishaps per 100,000 flight hours. The F-102 claimed the lives of many pilots, including a number stationed at Ellington during Bush's tenure. Of the 875 F-102A production models that entered service, 259 were lost in accidents that killed 70 Air Force and ANG pilots.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Cheney got 5 deferments out of Vietneam.

Many of Bush's military records have mysteriously disappeared.

Rumsfeld is widely held responsible for the lack of planning (or ignoring planning) for post invasion Iraq...

I can go on and on and on and on...

Oh hell, If you aren't completely appalled by this administration, there is no sense in going on. Your head is buried too far in the sand. I'd rather support the party of hope and inspiration (Dem's) rather than the party of hate and fear (Repub's).

Quite honestly I hate the fact that we have a two party system. But given those options, the choice is easy.

I'd rather support the party of hope and inspiration (Dem's) rather than the party of hate and fear (Repub's).

Talk about head in the sand. Obviously, you have mastered Al Franken's talking points (baseless assertions) well.

I do not agree with the direction the Republican party has largely taken in the past few years, but overall there is no doubt that the Republicans are the "can do" (hope and inspiration) party; e.g., free markets, having success in Iraq, etc. The Democrats are the ones largely saying the world will fall in on us if we don't sign in on the Kyoto Protocol (fear). As far as hate, I can just mention the magical words "George W. Bush" around a liberal and see the fangs pop out.

The 16 years of Clinton-Bush has poisoned our political discourse in a way that will take decades for our country to overcome. It's sad. Both sides have raised the level of demagoguery to levels that make me sick.

Given his own quotes and speeches over the years, Gore would have also decided to go to war in Afghanistan and Iraq had 1300 people in Florida cast their votes as they intended. He was VP for 8 years and he was well aware of the intelligence on Iraq's WMD programs. Any President who refused to act against known terrorist states after 9/11 would have been guilty of dereliction of their sworn oath to protect the American people.

BTW, anyone who thinks Barrack Obama will pull troops out of Iraq is a fool. We're in that sh*thole for the long haul.