wow...im not a stars fan but figured i would root on the home town team...its now 1255 am and going into 4th overtime...i have an 8am final....which is now 7 hours away....i will have to go to bed and miss this wonderful finish....i have almost become a stars fan tonight even though the bruins will always be #1.

wow...im not a stars fan but figured i would root on the home town team...its now 1255 am and going into 4th overtime...i have an 8am final....which is now 7 hours away....i will have to go to bed and miss this wonderful finish....i have almost become a stars fan tonight even though the bruins will always be #1.

Well I have developed a nervous twitch during this game, I have to meet my work out partner at 7:00 am. If it goes much longer I am going to bail on my workout.

This been one hell of a goalie duel!

Let the 4thOT begin!

GO STARS!!!!
Edited by KingDL1

Watching that in person was just exhausting.....Marty STOLE that game in a way that kick Belfour's legacy in the balls. I don't know if TV captured how well he was moving and seeing the puck tonight. That was easily the greatest sporting event I have ever seen in person.

Also, we need Barnes back to have a prayer next round.

I don't think I would be exaggerating if I called this game and the performance of BOTH goalies an epic. Turco and Nabokov both made INSANE stops.

117 total shots on goal. And how about Morrow laying the wood on Michalek? That dude probably still has no idea what time zone he's in.

I had to stay up just a little bit longer to buy my Game 4 tickets last night.

Edited by UNTflyer

wow...what an increadible game.....i think i have just become a closet stars fan becuase of turco.....i had to go to bed at 1 because of my dam final...first thing when i got up at 7 was to turn on sportscenter and i see morrow with that incredible goal....if only i had stayed up the extra 1/2 hour :( what an incredible duel of goalies last night....

Two of the best saves I've ever seen happened in that single game. One by each goalie, not counting the countless other times they saved their team's butts (Turco moreso). I can't believe how focused they were.

Also, why do we look so pathetic in the 3rd?

Watching that in person was just exhausting.....Marty STOLE that game in a way that kick Belfour's legacy in the balls. I don't know if TV captured how well he was moving and seeing the puck tonight. That was easily the greatest sporting event I have ever seen in person.

Also, we need Barnes back to have a prayer next round.

I cant say that about Turco yet bro but he is certainly stating his case. I know those Dallas Stars team were better all around teams in the late 90's but Belfour did win the Cup which Turco has yet to do. If Turco wins one (preferably this year) then you can definitely say Turco's legacy has passed Belfours. The best thing about Turco is he totally deserves this because he's been so money in so many playoff games but he never got reward because the stale and bad offense. Finally this year not only is he money and even better but he is getting the scoring help.

And another major side not....HOW ABOUT THAT BRENDAN MORROW! That man is a beast and is putting a clinic out there against all the top players in the league. This Turco and Morrow combination is getting deadly and I think Detroit has taken notice.

One of the best hockey games, and possibly sporting events, I've watched.... great game! I had to go to bed at the start of the 4thOT. I had an morning patient... I wish I could have see the end of the game... just glad the Stars won though.

I cant say that about Turco yet bro but he is certainly stating his case. I know those Dallas Stars team were better all around teams in the late 90's but Belfour did win the Cup which Turco has yet to do. If Turco wins one (preferably this year) then you can definitely say Turco's legacy has passed Belfours. The best thing about Turco is he totally deserves this because he's been so money in so many playoff games but he never got reward because the stale and bad offense. Finally this year not only is he money and even better but he is getting the scoring help.

That was the best individual one game performance by a Stars goalie I have ever seen. You did not get that many quality chances in an entire series against the 1999 team.

That was an unbelievable game and performance by both net minders. Holy Cow. 2+ plus straight games and the hits were still flying, that's why I love Hockey. Not that travesty of a game 5 in S.J. Morrow giving hits, taking hits.. just amazing.

That was the best individual one game performance by a Stars goalie I have ever seen. You did not get that many quality chances in an entire series against the 1999 team.

I will agree with you about sheer individual performance. Overall Turco has had a ton of individual memorable goalie performances in comparison to Belfour, even the ones Turco has lost.

Turco definitely had the bigger night, but Nabokov had the best save. I agree wholeheartedly with Ralph, that save on Richards was handily the single best save I've ever seen. I think we see a lot of Giguere "absorb the puck in my mammoth equipment" saves in the NHL today, but I think a lot of Nabokov's stuff is, truly, a "save." That guy is money, and I take my hat off to him.

That said, Marty showed his quality today, and deserves every bit of credit. Now, can he fully exorcise the demons of Detroit?