Hawaii To June Jones - We Want $400,008.00 Please

MeanGreen61

So let's see...he owes $400,000. 2mil - 400,000 would leave him 1.6mil or roughly $400,000 per win this upcoming season.

SMU got quite the steal!

Do you really think SMU will have that many wins next season?

Maybe we could petition Hawaii to give it to us just to pi$$ schmoo off

hypothetically speaking.....if what your saying happened, do you think SMU would even care? This is exactly what I was talking about. Some of you guy's just don't get it. SMU has now joined the list of programs that are PROACTIVE! Most programs don't wallow in the "ole so and so school" is holding us down bit. They go out, and do something about, TAKING CARE OF THEIR OWN BUSINESS! It's going to come down to, is UNT going to MAKE a move? Or, will we continue to whine about schools, "that are afraid to schedule us" or "well, they have money". It's decision time folks.

Edited by dodgefan

Maybe we could petition Hawaii to give it to us just to pi$$ schmoo off

hypothetically speaking.....if what your saying happened, do you think SMU would even care? This is exactly what I was talking about. Some of you guy's just don't get it. SMU has now joined the list of programs that are PROACTIVE! Most programs don't wallow in the "ole so and so school" is holding us down bit. They go out, and do something about, TAKING CARE OF THEIR OWN BUSINESS! It's going to come down to, is UNT going to MAKE a move? Or, will we continue to whine about schools, "that are afraid to schedule us" or "well, they have money". It's decision time folks.

Can I petition you to TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN BUSINESS and use the reply feature?

Also, what decision can we make right now as a message board to appease you?

I do find it interesting that "dodge"fan only seems to come out of his hole when we mention the ponies.

Worst case scenario is that he is an SMU backer who lived in SLC and got on the Dodge wagon. If so, good for him - he can say what he wants, but the lectures to a fan base for the mistakes of its leadership just get really old.

emmitt says "I do find it interesting that "dodge"fan only seems to come out of his hole when we mention the ponies."

ha ha! well if that was true, I would be posting on here everyday! I havn't been on here very much of late, because, it's not football season. But emmitt, I did see where congratulations are in order for you. You are a VERY passion filled fan, if UNT had 35,000 like you it would be a better place. I have stated my history before, I am a SLC fan, and when TD came to NT, I followed him. I have no other NT connections! I did make it to 4 or 5 games last year, and plan on doing the same next year. I am able to read these post from a more unbiased position than you, and if you don't think that there is some truth to what I am saying, well, I will just leave it at that. Like I have said ALL along from the beginning, have faith in Todd Dodge, but UNT better start supporting the program.

emmitt says "I do find it interesting that "dodge"fan only seems to come out of his hole when we mention the ponies."

ha ha! well if that was true, I would be posting on here everyday! I havn't been on here very much of late, because, it's not football season. But emmitt, I did see where congratulations are in order for you. You are a VERY passion filled fan, if UNT had 35,000 like you it would be a better place. I have stated my history before, I am a SLC fan, and when TD came to NT, I followed him. I have no other NT connections! I did make it to 4 or 5 games last year, and plan on doing the same next year. I am able to read these post from a more unbiased position than you, and if you don't think that there is some truth to what I am saying, well, I will just leave it at that. Like I have said ALL along from the beginning, have faith in Todd Dodge, but UNT better start supporting the program.

At the bottom right of you screen that is a button that says reply after each post. You can click the post you want to reply to and it will magically quote the text for you via a series of tubes known as internets. Give it a whirl - you'll love it.

Dodgefan, from speaking to parents of former SLC players (good and spare), I get the sense if Dodge somehow fails at UNT (which I don't expect), it will be everyone's fault but his. Are we going to have face some kind of Dragon-backlash if this doesn't work out?

Oh, an thanks again for supporting a program that is completely optional. People we give you crap, but we could use 35,000 of you as well.

Edited by Quoner

At the bottom right of you screen that is a button that says reply after each post. You can click the post you want to reply to and it will magically quote the text for you via a series of tubes known as internets. Give it a whirl - you'll love it.

Dodgefan, from speaking to parents of former SLC players (good and spare), I get the sense if Dodge somehow fails at UNT (which I don't expect), it will be everyone's fault but is. Are we going to have face some kind of Dragon-backlash if this doesn't work out?

Oh, an thanks again for supporting a program that is completely optional. People we give you crap, but we could use 35,000 of you as well.

I think you are yanking my chain, because anyone could see the massive impovement in the offense, with just one season. Now you throw in this years recruiting class, and it should be only a short matter of time.

Guest 97and03

I think you are yanking my chain, because anyone could see the massive impovement in the offense, with just one season. Now you throw in this years recruiting class, and it should be only a short matter of time.

Please be careful. Quoner will definately "yank your chain" or any other euphemism you care to invoke.

Dodgefan, from speaking to parents of former SLC players (good and spare), I get the sense if Dodge somehow fails at UNT (which I don't expect), it will be everyone's fault but his. Are we going to have face some kind of Dragon-backlash if this doesn't work out?

I fear you may be right. I went to a SLC playoff game last season, prior to the Mendoza firing, and the prevailing attitude was that our defense was horrible not because of Mendoza's ineptitude but rather because "you can't expect him to work miracles with the kind of talent he gets at North Texas". (direct quote) It doesn't help that Mendoza put this idea into the heads of anyone that would listen in Southlake either.

I fear you may be right. I went to a SLC playoff game last season, prior to the Mendoza firing, and the prevailing attitude was that our defense was horrible not because of Mendoza's ineptitude but rather because "you can't expect him to work miracles with the kind of talent he gets at North Texas". (direct quote) It doesn't help that Mendoza put this idea into the heads of anyone that would listen in Southlake either.

Money says they'll change their tune with DeLoach leading the defense this year.

I've now heard 5 SLC player parents say the same thing. Apparently Mendoza was a misunderstood genius.