Spring Ball

H-towngreen

Is there anyone from GMG who is going to the practices? I'm really missing the days of Harry's daily indepth updates. I read a line hear and there about people attending but no one is posting anything. I'd like to assume that there are several members at each practice. It would be great if us out of towners could get some updates. Anything is better than nothing. Don't be afraid to start a post talking about it, it doesn't matter to me if you don't have a roster sheet, just give some type of info.

Practice yesterday was intense. Coach Deloach and his LB's were in hitting drills forever.

Missing in action for the rest of spring are slot receivers, Korey Washington and Evan Walker, both will not be reinstated until fall, if then.

Brock is also out most of spring with a scheduling (class) conflict.

OL is extremely young and with very little experience. The DL ate their lunch in team regardless of first, second, or third team line-ups.

DB's playing different technique than last season and seem to have a lot of speed as compared to last spring at this time.

DeLoach is passionate and was bringing it. Tobe was starting MLB and looked extremely good. They ran a nickel package quite a bit and brought a lot of different blitz packages at the offense. Again, OL was having big time trouble.

No running game with Micah, DL had way too much penetration.

OL is extremely young and with very little experience. The DL ate their lunch in team regardless of first, second, or third team line-ups.

No running game with Micah, DL had way too much penetration.

Those two obviously go together The OL will get better. Now I'm kind of afraid to ask knowing the source but what happened to Walker.

Practice yesterday was intense. Coach Deloach and his LB's were in hitting drills forever.

And it's about freaking time we get back to some normalcy. Do y'all remember back when we didn't think the offense would ever move the ball during practices and scrimmages because the defense just outright dominated all the time..'00-04?

I appreciate the updates N.

Rick

And it's about freaking time we get back to some normalcy. Do y'all remember back when we didn't think the offense would ever move the ball during practices and scrimmages because the defense just outright dominated all the time..'00-04?

I appreciate the updates N.

Rick

I remember and I'm damn glad its back. It was pathetic getting walked all over by some of the worst offenses in the nation and getting thrashed by SMU and Navy, our offense was the only reason those games were respectable.

Thanks nautique. Glad to hear Nwigwe was looking good as mlb was going to be a tough spot to fill. I like how our LB corp is looking, very athletic and very fast. It will be tough to get a good look at the O since alot of the line is missing.

Yes, that was useful information, Nautique, thanks. I was kinda thinking they'd be giving Tobe a third chance because that was the pattern with Dodge when there were disciplinary issues last year. However, I was also thinking, like H-towngreen, they wanted him to fill a big need at MLB.

Korey Washington and Evan Walker
"reinstated" sounds like the academic ineligibility bug got em.

Seems like Washington was a High School Academic All-American, or whatever the term is in high school, I know it isn't All-American.

And crap...Walker has only been here a semester...what the heck

Seems like Washington was a High School Academic All-American, or whatever the term is in high school, I know it isn't All-American.

And crap...Walker has only been here a semester...what the heck

Where did Walker come from? Is he a transfer?

With so many missing components on offense, spring practice is going to dominated by the defense.

I just hope we don't get anyone else hurt on offense (going full speed in team offense).

It is definitely a makeshift offense at this stage.

Well on positive there will be some guys getting snaps that they usually wouldn't.