Hawaii Signs Lucerative Under Armour Deal

MeanGreen61

This was a very interesting post for me. I live in Raleigh, NC and was in a Dicks Sporting Goods store today. I was looking at the UA wear, and noticed that they only offer a select group of colors. Yes, there was the Maryland red and black, I saw Tennessee's orange as well...but you know what other color among the 5-6 that I saw?????...

North Texas' Kelly Green!!! :)

I was ecstatic...I could not believe my eyes. They had several styles of shirts that were our color and, like I said, there was only about 5-6 colors represented. Now, what are the odds you would usually see kelly green with red, black, and navy blue???

Looking in Sunday's Sports Authority ad, they show the Short Sleeve Tech Tee in kelly green. I have yet to make it to SA or Academy to see how it looks in person, but I'll most likely buy it anyways.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/customer-service#contact_us

Under "Customer Service," there is a dropdown box that has "Where can I find UA gear?" as an option. Under "Consumer Relations," there is a dropdown box that has "UA Sponsorships" as an option. Message whichever one you want, or call them at 1.888.7ARMOUR (1.888.727.6687).

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/customer-service#contact_us

Under "Customer Service," there is a dropdown box that has "Where can I find UA gear?" as an option. Under "Consumer Relations," there is a dropdown box that has "UA Sponsorships" as an option. Message whichever one you want, or call them at 1.888.7ARMOUR (1.888.727.6687).

Email away Mean Green Nation, I already have.

Guest GrayEagleOne

As lucrative as it may seem, it is less than half of the amount South Carolina was able to get from UA (more than $10M).

Also, didn't iperg2 get an e-mail response from Under Armour regarding the availability of North Texas gear?

As lucrative as it may seem, it is less than half of the amount South Carolina was able to get from UA (more than $10M).

Also, didn't iperg2 get an e-mail response from Under Armour regarding the availability of North Texas gear?

QUOTE(Bryan316 @ Feb 26 2008, 05:08 PM) post_snapback.gifhttp://www.underarmour.com/shop/customer-service#contact_us

Never hurts to send a nice, friendly email that is not too demanding of UA but...

...like 1 or 2 others are insinutating on this thread, maybe much of this has more to do with those being paid at UNT who hold our alma mater's marketing potential in their personal safe deposit boxes not allowing even a simple cap with "UNT" or "Mean Green" or whatever to be manufactured and then be found at stores such as Love's (where many interstate travelers who might purchase a UNT cap could take our school colors far outside the stateline of the Lone Star State).

Who at UNT is our most successful gate-keeper of the (for lack of a better choice of words) safe deposit box may be the main question here.

No matter what our overall national rankings were during the 4 years in row bowl run in the Big Easy, but what better time to have flaunted our school, ie, our colors than during & even after those 4 years?

Who is the one that is really holding us back on all this? I have no idea, don't have the time to call up there to find out (and have lost interest which to a degree like many of yours has been squelched by those we hire & pay pretty damn good salaries to do such things as squelch the kind of enthusiasm most NCAA D1-A alums have concerning their alma mater).

Turn some educators loose in the real business/marketing world, though, and you just don't always know what you are going to get; you know, kinda' like those box of chocolates?

This too shall pass?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I did... good memory

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.ph...hl=under+armour

Edited by jperg2

Makes me wonder, since we are still not listed on their site and now absent in press releases, if UA's deal is with Dodge. And now that he's at UNT they gave us a deal on the uni's and a commerical shoot.

Most likely scenario. Let's face it. No one wants to be associated with a 2-9 team.

Update: Still no word from Under Pants.

I got a reply:

Valued Under Armour Customer,

Thank you for contacting Under Armour®. It’s our goal to deliver a premium shopping experience to match our unparalleled product.

Unfortunately at this time, the item you requested is currently not available.

Please visit our website at www.underarmour.com for the most up-to-date selection of available items. You can order directly from the web or call us at 888.727.6687 and a customer service representative will be able to assist you.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

I got a reply:

Thank you for contacting Under Armour®. It's our goal to deliver a premium shopping experience to match our unparalleled product.

Unfortunately at this time, the item you requested is currently not available.

Please visit our website at www.underarmour.com for the most up-to-date selection of available items. You can order directly from the web or call us at 888.727.6687 and a customer service representative will be able to assist you.

How'd that work out for ya?? What a joke response. Did you even ask for a particular item?

I got.

Thank you for contacting Under Armour®. It’s our goal to deliver a premium shopping experience to match our unparalleled product.

Currently, the item you have requested is not available for ordering, and unfortunately we do not have an arrival date for replenishment inventory.

If you would like us to check for an alternate color or item choice in place of your requested item, please call 888.727.6687 and a Customer Service Representative can assist you, or check availability through one of our distributors on the “Find a Retailer” link at the bottom of our homepage or try their school store.

Thank you,

Under Armour Customer Service

1-888-7-ARMOUR

Now i know the equivilent of nothing when it comes to things like this but is it possible that our deal with UA could be something along the lines of we pay 1/3 the cost in stead of full price, maybe they just gave us the best price of all the big apparell players? because i would think that if we had a deal like hawaii then we would have known about it and who really wants to wear russell athletic?

Now i know the equivilent of nothing when it comes to things like this but is it possible that our deal with UA could be something along the lines of we pay 1/3 the cost in stead of full price, maybe they just gave us the best price of all the big apparell players? because i would think that if we had a deal like hawaii then we would have known about it and who really wants to wear russell athletic?

HH I believe you are on to something here. I don't think we have a deal with UA. We won't see our name on thier website nor any of our gear in the shops, at least not UA brand stuff. I believe we have the equivelant sponsorship of the local service station sponsoring a pee wee baseball team. They are giving us a discount or providing team clothes or free and writing off the costs to marketing. This all done because Dodge had a relationship with UA at SLC. I'm not knocking the deal, I appreciate the deal. We just need to understand it is what it is, and no more.

I just spoke with UA at 888.727.6687 and they tell me that UNT does NOT have a sponsorship with UA. Another words, the reason we can't buy stuff with North Texas is because they do NOT currently sponsor us. We buy our equipment and uniforms from them with their UA emblem on them, but they do not currently sponsor us.