Scrappy Up Fro Cover Of Ncaa 09

stebo

They have the history of his name all wrong but there he is... Scrappy the Eagle... You can vote to put Scrappy on the cover of NCAA 09.. Sorry folks, I really wish it would be Mean Green Scrappy or something to emphasize our real team name... but either way it is cool that he is on there. Scrappy is one of only two from the Belt (the other is Lightning from the MUTS). When you get to the voting page - click on Sun Belt/Big Sky and vote for the only cool selection available from the Belt >>> Scrappy. (bleh)

http://www.easports.com/ncaa09/

Edited by stebo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have the history of his name all wrong but there he is... Scrappy the Eagle... You can vote to put Scrappy on the cover of NCAA 09.. Sorry folks, I really wish it would be Mean Green Scrappy or something to emphasize our real team name... but either way it is cool that he is on there. Scrappy is one of only two from the Belt (the other is Lightning from the MUTS). When you get to the voting page - click on Sun Belt/Big Sky and vote for the only cool selection available from the Belt >>> Scrappy. (bleh)

Just amazing how, em, wrong they could be.

"The new name of Scrappy was announced in 1995" !?!? More like restoring the rightful name to the mascot.

As GrayEagleone mentioned in a thread over a year ago, the original scrappy is my avitar. It was drawn by legendary cartoonist Bill McClanahan.

http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/...s/MM/fmcbb.html

The mascot was called Scrappy back in the 50's when he first appeared on North Texas gear.

Here is one sample of Bill McClanahan's work.

http://www.mmbolding.com/BSR/super_bowl_iii.htm

He did a weekly cartoon about the SWC in the DMN.

If the University is never going to use the "original Scrappy" image, then I think the Exes should use it for their gear.

Edited by SilverEagle

"The new name of Scrappy was announced in 1995" !?!? More like restoring the rightful name to the mascot.

As GrayEagleone mentioned in a thread over a year ago, the original scrappy is my avitar. It was drawn by legendary cartoonist Bill McClanahan.

http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/...s/MM/fmcbb.html

The mascot was called Scrappy back in the 50's when he first appeared on North Texas gear.

Here is one sample of Bill McClanahan's work.

http://www.mmbolding.com/BSR/super_bowl_iii.htm

He did a weekly cartoon about the SWC every week in the DMN.

If the University is never going to use the "original Scrappy" image, then I think the Exes should use it for their gear.

Bill, I still have an old college clipboard I used at NT. It has a 3", full "Scrappy" decal on it. Wish I could scan it and use it for my permanent avatar.

Guest 97and03

You know, semi-objectively, our mascot looks pretty damn good - better than so many others.

I looked at all of them and found few that I really liked all that much. Growing up around TCU, I have a soft spot for Superfrog and think it is truly a unique mascot.

But overall, Scrappy definately holds his own!

Well, I was gonna send them a link HERE and/or HERE so that they could read up on the History and Tradition of Scrappy and our history of the Eagle as the mascot at the University of North Texas in order to get it right. But that would just frustrate another individual trying to find that information on our official athletic website so I won't bother?

By the way, for the 1,000th time, BOOMER the Cannon is NOT a Civil War replica. <_<

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

jaycutler....what's your point? I do not see the connection between supporting our mascot and trying to get some good PR for the University and "worrying about winning more then two football games". Do you mean before we worry about them getting all the details and history about Scrppy wrong on the web-sight? If so, I tend to agree with you....but, it's like the old adage..."I don't care what you call me as long as you call me for dinner!".

UNT and Scrappy could be in for some great PR with this...so, let's vote as often as they will let us...I am sure other university groups will be doing the same...we just need to "out vote 'em"!

GO SCRAPPY...SCRAPPY FOR PRESIDENT! Hey, that might, in fact, be a decent idea considering the bunch running this time around on both sides! :lol:

Guest 97and03

jaycutler....what's your point? I do not see the connection between supporting our mascot and trying to get some good PR for the University and "worrying about winning more then two football games". Do you mean before we worry about them getting all the details and history about Scrppy wrong on the web-sight? If so, I tend to agree with you....but, it's like the old adage..."I don't care what you call me as long as you call me for dinner!".

UNT and Scrappy could be in for some great PR with this...so, let's vote as often as they will let us...I am sure other university groups will be doing the same...we just need to "out vote 'em"!

GO SCRAPPY...SCRAPPY FOR PRESIDENT! Hey, that might, in fact, be a decent idea considering the bunch running this time around on both sides! :lol:

Ban him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are allowed to vote once per day. In other words, make sure you vote everyday.

How do they know when you vote, if you move to a different machine with a different ip address? I thought I would try to vote again at work but somehow they new I had already voted. Creepy.

I just voted for Scrappy again...seems to be working fine at the moment. I sure wish they would give us a "tally" of the count so we could see who is winning...do you think it's rigged from the beginning? I think I "smell hanging chad" in the mascot voting. Where are the poll monitors when you need them???? :ph34r:

VOTE FOR SCRAPPY!!!! VOTE EVERY DAY...GET YOUR FRIENDS TO VOTE......SCRAPPY FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!