Mean Green Vs. Ut

chrisfisher

I mentioned in another thread I'd hold my predictions for the UT game until after the weekend. UT is undefeated and blew out #7 Tennessee a few games ago. BTW, Tennessee has been a wrecking ball against SBC teams (ask Lou-Lafayette and Mid Tennessee) this season. We have 1 common opponent with UT in none other than New Mexico State. UT beat them 102-87, while we struggled to win. It is impressive though that New Mexico State was able to put up 87 against UT, so we are capable of the same. I think this game will be boil down to 3 things (1) we need a fast start (none of this going down 10-20 points early in the game) with a high scoring game - will our guards show up? (2) defense - we have to play spectacular defense to pull off the upset. (3) can Wooden dominate UT like he did OSU?

In short, I'd love to call an upset, but I can't. Our play has been too inconsistent since the OSU win. I'll have to predict a UT win. But, we definitely have a CHANCE for the upset if all of our players shoot to their ability and come out of the gate quickly.

Edited by chrisfisher

Longhorns over the #2 Bruins tonight , best case for us. If the Bruins would have blown them out , they would have taken it out on us. Maybe we get a let down from the horns and hang tough for the 1st half , but in the end the horns have too much talent for the MEAN GREEN

UNT 51

UT 74

After watching the UCLA/UT game I will consider it a success if we cover the spread. UT is loaded with athletes, especially Augustine. To go into Pauley Pavillion, beat the # 2 team in the country and control most of the game is impressive. This will show us where we are with the big boys, unfortunately it could get really ugly.

UT - 97

UNT - 71

Can you imagine how good UT would be if Durant had stayed?!

GMG!

I noticed that we match up very well against them in terms of size...in fact, we are the bigger team when comparing anticipated starting line ups... now speed, that may be another thing.... damn I'm pumped about the game tonight!!