New Nt Merch

unachris

At the Albertson's on University in Denton, they have North Texas wool caps and Wilson junior footballs. At the Brookshires in Denton, they have the footballs. Both are $9.99. The footballs look like this, only NT instead of LSU. The cap looks like this, only dark green and the eagle and words are dark green. I bought one of the caps and think the one at Albertson's looks better than the one at Voertmen's. Just letting everyone know since Christmas is coming up. Also, the more we buy, the more retailers will start carrying NT gear.

I found two different UNT spirit items....at of all places....Drug Emporium on University.

The items I'm referring to have the new logos:

1) Some great looking nightlights. You'd have to see them. I have one in the hall....that i only turn on, when we win (a la the Administration tower).

2) Some neat painted tiles. (probably 4" x 4", or so). I bought one, which I use as a coaster.

It is pretty exciting to see new spirit merchandise show up in neighborhood stoors!! But how sad is it that we are talking about DENTON! I'd be more excited if I could find anything as far away as Carrollton!! That's not too much to ask is it?

None the less, I'm happy to see merchandise out there...where ever it is!

GMG!

Guest 97and03

It is pretty exciting to see new spirit merchandise show up in neighborhood stoors!! But how sad is it that we are talking about DENTON! I'd be more excited if I could find anything as far away as Carrollton!! That's not too much to ask is it?

None the less, I'm happy to see merchandise out there...where ever it is!

GMG!

I know. I was very excited that the Walgreens on University had UNT merch. Then equally sad that the one in Hickory Creek had Lake Dallas HS merch everywhere but not UNT gear...

I'm going to a Christmas party thursday night ( I know, it's a little early) . The people at the pjarty were concerned that the Dallas Cowboy game would prevent people from coming to the party. I told them I had never heard of the Dallas Cowboys. Only of North Texas, where all these party goers attended. They're all getting mini helmets from Walgreens. $19.95 ea, it's the best price around.

GO MEAN GREEN

Every time I want a new nt shirt I have to go to denton,which I can always have my wife grab me one, but I have been wanting a new NT hoodie, but I don't like the ones gmggear sells. or the NT Bookstore, they look cheap, like they got them out of some guys trunk.

Joe, when you say, "Go Mean Green(e)" out loud, do you ever feel like you're talking to yourself? That just occurred to me, like if anybody ever asks you, "Um, do you mean yourself, or the North Texas team?"

Anyway, you know what I think would be cool? I don't know, maybe it already happened...who else thought that Hans' (SGA's) "I Bleed Green" shirts rocked, specifically the long sleeved green ones? Couldn't UNT or Voertman's or somebody pay him for the rights and put it on hoodies and sweatshirts and hats and...well, everything?

Every time I want a new nt shirt I have to go to denton,which I can always have my wife grab me one, but I have been wanting a new NT hoodie, but I don't like the ones gmggear sells. or the NT Bookstore, they look cheap, like they got them out of some guys trunk.

Just got back from the bookstore and they have definitely gotten some new stuff in. They have a whole section full of hoodies, hats, beanies, and other winter stuff. You may wanna check it out. I actually bought me a hoodie while I was there.

Joe, when you say, "Go Mean Green(e)" out loud, do you ever feel like you're talking to yourself? That just occurred to me, like if anybody ever asks you, "Um, do you mean yourself, or the North Texas team?"

Anyway, you know what I think would be cool? I don't know, maybe it already happened...who else thought that Hans' (SGA's) "I Bleed Green" shirts rocked, specifically the long sleeved green ones? Couldn't UNT or Voertman's or somebody pay him for the rights and put it on hoodies and sweatshirts and hats and...well, everything?

Put me down as one who thinks the "I Bleed Green" campaign needs to come back...and soon.

The campaign was done when I was there...sga. this was back in 97 - 02, I think, they also had license plates holders that said the same thing.

It was Fall of 2001. The green, 3/4 sleeve shirts were limited to like 300 on the first printing...not sure if they ever re-ran them, but they were nice, a little thicker than the cheap white ones we gave away. The plate holders came out a little later...maybe the end of the season?

Not sure if we would need a licensing deal with Hans, who designed them...if somebody wants to get them printed up again, let me know and I'll email him. He will probably not care if it's used again but it's always better to ask the artist. I don't think I have his number anymore. Troy Griffis might.