Thanks To Everyone

It was a great night at the Super Pit and everyone played a part. The students were loud and on their feet the whole game. The rest of the North Texas crowd (mostly regulars) followed suit and were making noise constantly. The team performed at an extremely high level against a team that is still near the top of that league and is very talented. For the times when OSU got close, know that every team is going to make runs and then mistakes. However, this North Texas team weathered the tough spots and never relinquished the lead. The coaches made the right moves at the right times and controlled the game to our advantage.

Remember it was only six years ago North Texas had won 16 games in four years. Everyone is welcome to add their concerns and doubts but anyone who can't appreciate the significance of this win is just looking the wrong way. Two years ago everyone was calling for Johnny's head. For one, I am so glad that we took the heat and stayed the course. Remember the same thing about Coach Dodge!

So tonight, enjoy a well deserved victory and another big step for this athletic department. Congratulations to everyone!

GO MEAN GREEN!

Glad To Be Green, hopefully our fans will continue to grow in numbers. Maybe then we might be able to raise sufficient funds to install a very large Jumbo Tron over center court.

Word to that. I can never see the replays haha. But seriously, RV, you are the man. Being a student I appreciate you going around and thanking everyone for coming out, that's awesome. You make me and I'm sure a lot of other people proud to be Mean Green!

Great win and looks like we've got a chance to be MUCH better than our SBC tourney run and the first half of the Memphis game. I was VERY pleasantly surprised by the student turnout and I bet it continues as we KEEP WINNING!! Best atmosphere I think I've seen since I was a youngster in The Pit for the first time against DePaul. Let's go into Austin undefeated and put it to the big 12 in a BIG WAY! Also, sure is nice to see plenty of activity now coming over to the Bball board. Way to go GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although I wasn't there, it sounds like the environment of the old Pit when I was a kid and during the Blakely era. Trust me, attend a few games in this environment and you can't help but like it.

As a regular at the Pit during the Blakely era, it was very much that kind of environment last night. Absolutely thrilling, lively crowd, and an exciting game. It was wonderful. Nice to see that kind of energy and enthusiasm again.