Who's Our Best Pro Prospect?

SUMG

Among the seniors.....do any of our kids have NFL potential? (And, I would think....they'd have to make it as undrafted FAs.....as I don't know of any of our players who might be drafted.)

But, do any of them have a chance to be signed as Undrafted FAs----Aaron Weathers? Brandon Jackson? Montey? J-Mo? Maurice Holman?

Anybody else?

I'd say our best bet would be Aaron Weathers.

Any thoughts?

Actually somebody must have NFL potential cause a friend of mine who works for the athletic department said that a Giants scout came in yesterday to set up an appointment for today to watch some tapes. Unfortunately it was kept confidential so I'm not sure who he was there to see.

And of course, our own Mean Joe Greene who was at Fouts Field last Saturday evening is a scout for the Steelers, too. I don't think his attendance to watch his alma mater's football team was merely just for recreation and leisure. :rolleyes:

Eddrick Gilmore could be a 'diamond in the rough' type of guy. Had some academic issues and digressed after getting to Denton. He was heavily recruited by UTEP and Houston during their good runs. However I think hes gotten lost in the shuffle and could turn out to be an above average prospect.

Craig Roberson could also be a sleeper with that speed.

Although I wouldn't rule out a couple of our LB's playing on the next level, I think that Jamo and Weathers have the best shot as far as Seniors are concerned. I would also give an underweight Chapman a MUCH better shot than Burress if we're talking Senior DE's. Quickness rules on the next level.

I agree, but I wouldn't completely rule out Stevenson or Jackson either. Stevenson seems to have the heart, and Jackson seems to have the hands as well as some pretty good WR size. You never know who might take a step up after graduation.

B-Jax, J-Mo

No Sir...especially J-Mo. NFL talent scouts typically like to see progression, or consistency in the least. J-Mo will not make it into the NFL off of his freshman year alone. Plus, he is so dang injury prone...that will keep them away alone...

Agreed. A posession receiver at the college level can't possibly have enough speed to make a pro team, regardless of his hands. I can see J-Mo getting a free agent shot similar to JQuinn, but that's about it. No one will invest serious money, given his injury history.

I do like Aaron Weathers chances, though. He's got the size, and ability to get to the ball. His coverage ability might be an issue, though.

And of course, our own Mean Joe Greene who was at Fouts Field last Saturday evening is a scout for the Steelers, too. I don't think his attendance to watch his alma mater's football team was merely just for recreation and leisure. :rolleyes:

TROLL. welcome to the board. Are you a former player, because times are a-changin'. People come here for the festivities. What's wrong with that?

Quoner

Although ineligible for the draft, I have heard that Quoner got invited to the Bills camp and failed miserably.