Food Places In Austin

VIVO Cocina on Manor. Its upscale Mexican with great Mexican Martinis...ask for a host named Paige...and then ask why she doesn't return my calls, all I want to do is flirt with her a bit.

Then go to Magnolia Cafe on South Congress after 6th or for breakfast on sunday...they're open 24 hours and have the widest selection of foods.

Happy Birthday Fella...wish I could make it to Austin...you know, despite my lack of an invite.

Isn't this like admitting all you do is visit the football forum and you're too lazy to post somewhere else? :lol:

Atleast he knows about the other forums but realizes noone else visits him. You've gotta post to get the most traffic in the time allowed. An hour long post on the football board even though it gets bumped still covers more ground than a week long post on the non-sports board.

On Sunday morning, go to "Cisco's Bakery" on 6th street on the EAST side of the Interstate. an old time Mexican bakery. all the old state movers and shakers used to have breakfast there. LBJ, John Conley, Bob Bullock. Those type of Texans. Be sure to ask to "sit in the back."

And while you're in the neighborhood, go North a little to East 4th or 3rd, and visit the State Cenmtary. It's beautiful. And all the guys that used to eat at Cisco's, are now at the State Cemetary. Tom Landry is buried there as well. And there's a monument to those that died at 9-11 made from steel and concrete salvaged form the twin towers.

VIVO Cocina on Manor. Its upscale Mexican with great Mexican Martinis...ask for a host named Paige...and then ask why she doesn't return my calls, all I want to do is flirt with her a bit.

Then go to Magnolia Cafe on South Congress after 6th or for breakfast on sunday...they're open 24 hours and have the widest selection of foods.

Happy Birthday Fella...wish I could make it to Austin...you know, despite my lack of an invite.

I disagree with Vivo. My wife got sick after eating there and drinks are WAY too expensive.

If you are going to shell out big money for Mexican food then the conversation begins and ends with "Fonda San Miguel". Here's your link. It's very good, but have your wallet open.

I have a favorite hole in the wall Mexican joint called "El Caribe". It's on N. Lamar just south of 2222 (Koenig). It is the absolute best bang for the buck. Maria's Taco Express is good as is El Sol y la Luna.

There's a lot of good BBQ. Once again if you want to shell out some bucks and don't mind a drive, then "The Salt Lick" is the place for you. Bring your own adult beverage. Stubbs, Iron Works, and The County Line are also good.

Local fare: You know there are SO MANY resaurants in Austin it's hard to pick one, but "Censored" is right about Magnolia Cafe, also Kerby Lane is good.

Have fun in our fare city. If you are going out drinking, The Warehouse dictrict is a little more chicish than 6th street. That's why I didn't go there too much, but the Gingerman is a cool bar. Also Fedo's (sp) Irish Pub is nice. Say hello to all the frat brothers there.

Isn't this like admitting all you do is visit the football forum and you're too lazy to post somewhere else? :lol:

Atleast he knows about the other forums but realizes noone else visits him. You've gotta post to get the most traffic in the time allowed. An hour long post on the football board even though it gets bumped still covers more ground than a week long post on the non-sports board.

exactly...nobody will respond down in the other boards before i leave.... and i prolly have more post in basketball forum than football...

One of my favorite places that I always drag my buds to when I go down there is Texas Chili Parlor on Lavaca between 14th and 15th. Park nearby and walk the block or so to the Capitol grounds, and then go to lunch here. A variety of Tex-Mex. although more Tex than Mex, never had a bad meal here. Do the chili, though, it's actual authentic Red and not overly tricked up (the diced onions and jalapenos come on the side for self-tricking). Don't let the decor fool you, enjoy the ambience. It's genuine Austin-weird, without being faked.

Edited by Texas Stranger