Radio Pre-game Show To Be An Hour

DENTON, Tex. (8/21/07 – The Mean Green Radio Network can be heard for a third straight year in the greater Houston area as the MGRN and KAFR 88.3 FM have announced that they will carry North Texas football games this season. KAFR will carry 11 of the 12 Mean Green football broadcasts this season and selected basketball games throughout the year.

KWRD 100.7 FM continues to be the flagship station of the MGRN in Dallas-Ft. Worth along with KNTU 88.1 FM in Denton and KPXI 100.7 FM in the Tyler-Longview area.

The MGRN is also expanding its coverage this season with the addition of an hour-long football pre-game show, the Todd Dodge show live from Hooters every Monday, and broadcasting live each Tuesday at 12 p.m. Coach Dodge’s weekly press conference. Both the coach’s show and press conference can be heard on 88.1 FM. The press conference's begin on August 28.

Back for his 19th season George Dunham, the voice of the MGN, will call all of the action along with color commentator Hank Dickenson who is in his 12th season.

MGRN Broadcasts To Be Carried In Houston, Expanded Pre-Game Show Announced

edit 2:

Okay, it looks like the FM broadcasts might miss me if I'm not at a high-enough elevation. There's a small chance, but it doesn't look like anything FM is gonna get any closer than Cleburne, and that's about 60mi or more NE. However, The Ticket makes it out that far during the daytime according to the Radio-Locator website.

Edited by meangreendork

I've never been in a position to try to listen to a UNT game on the Web. I assume that the radio stations that carry the games will also have them live on their web sites.

If that's the case, anybody in the world who can go online can listen at www.kntu.fm. I listen to the station's usual jazz programming all the time at my office.

OK, not all the time.

Well, OK, all the time.

I've never been in a position to try to listen to a UNT game on the Web. I assume that the radio stations that carry the games will also have them live on their web sites.

If that's the case, anybody in the world who can go online can listen at www.kntu.fm. I listen to the station's usual jazz programming all the time at my office.

OK, not all the time.

Well, OK, all the time.

Most of the radio sites have their live feed, buut sometimes they are out of slots and you can't get in. If you subscribe to Meangreensports.com, you can view most of the games live and hear the radio play by play. If it is an away game, you have to listen to the other teams play by play.....Akron was painful to watch and listen to last year, their play by play guys were horrible and the KNTU live feed was off by 10 seconds, so it was a tough combo

I think an hour long pre-game show will be awesome.........

To anyone from Houston: How many games do y'all usually get down there????? I sense that 11, may be more than normal....am I wrong?

I think that they all (football) have been broadcast out of Conroe the last two years as well as most of the B-ball games. I was kind of afraid that might end since MM was a major advertiser for those broadcasts. I spend about 1/3 of my time in the Lake Conroe area so I'm very happy that it's continuing. I just wish they would tell us which one of the twelve football games isn't being broadcast. Hopefully it's Oky U since I plan on being in Norman for that one.

OK, not all the time.

Well, OK, all the time.

Living in Houston, I typically listened to the road games on the web through The Word's website or KNTU's. The reception from 88.3 is okay, but not great. It is a smaller station located in Conroe, I believe.