A Sad Day

DeepGreen

Things are looking up at NT, thus minimizing the amount of topic choices Scottie can badmouth!

Easy now. Scottie was ripped and run off for writing a very truthful article about the state of NT and things that needed to be done to progress at the time it was written. If you look back today and read that article, he was DEAD ON. Yet the DD Kool-Aid drinkers destroyed him at the time. (Hell, I may very well have been one of them. Don't remember, and quite frankly, don't care to research.) Having me Scottie once or twice at games...he is (or at least was) just as passionate as any of us.

While I never liked the amount of bitching at the other board, we all had one common goal...the progression of North Texas into what it has the potential to become.

It was an alternative message board for those who felt that their "objective" opinions could be heard without being viewed as negative and/or posts deleted. Many, however, felt that it went overboard with excessive and constant negativity.

I believe that the board served its purpose well and that was holding the administration and athletic department accountable; with what some fans and alums expect of its teams in 2007. Having said that, I feel that Gomeangreen is more tolerant of critical post today than at any other time before.

Anyway, thanks for the memories Scottie!

It was a great board and served great purpose, IMO.

The board was funny as hell, too. I'm honored to say that I was impersonated once on that board. I just wonder what I said to gain enough popularity to earn such recognition. :D

ChrisFisher may not know it, but he was critical in keeping that board alive the last 6 months!!! :D:lol:

I was critical of Scottie's brutally honest opinion on the state of NT Athletics a few years ago. What hit me wrong was the timing of the article/opinion on the message board. But I apoligized to Scottie for laying into him like I did.

I posted on the mean and green board from time to time. What I did like about Scottie's board was that I could cuss like a sailor. No censorship (sorry Harry!). I liked that. :censored:

That board single handedly led to the firing of DD, the current softball coach, the previous tennis coach, and Trilli.

Yes, i know that board didn't exist when trilli was around.... it was just that powerful.

Very funny post :D! Helmet head Trilli or better yet Gazoo from the Flintstones or whatever that little martian's name was!

Easy now. Scottie was ripped and run off for writing a very truthful article about the state of NT and things that needed to be done to progress at the time it was written. If you look back today and read that article, he was DEAD ON. Yet the DD Kool-Aid drinkers destroyed him at the time. (Hell, I may very well have been one of them. Don't remember, and quite frankly, don't care to research.) Having me Scottie once or twice at games...he is (or at least was) just as passionate as any of us.

While I never liked the amount of bitching at the other board, we all had one common goal...the progression of North Texas into what it has the potential to become.

I never had a beef with Scottie being brutally honest. It was his inability to ever admit NT did anything worthwhile that wore me out. Not one positive post about the basketball team this year, nothing about TD coming in and changing an old worn out attitude, nothing. He came across as bitter all the time, and his constant negativety and disdain for RV was petty.

I posted on the mean and green board from time to time. What I did like about Scottie's board was that I could cuss like a sailor. No censorship (sorry Harry!). I liked that. :censored:

What the puck are you talking about?

:P

Darn you censors...you and I both know I didn't type "puck".

Edited by JayDub

I was always interested to see what Scottie and SUE had to say about everything because it was a different perpective, but I never cared for the constant negativity (especially towards this board) and I let them know about it. To their credit, they gave me a very honest response to that complaint and welcomed my opinions to their board. I personally hope that he is not gone forever because anybody that wants to throw up any kind of website about my Mean Green is OK in my book.

GMG!

Don't blame him, though. The effort required to keep up with a board that had to average less than a post a day at times really isn't worth it.

Like many of you, I had no problem with the negativity when it was well-thought out. Sometimes, it just seemed very adversarial towards NT, whatever they tried to accomplish. No problem here with differing opinions, no problem with negative opinions - just give us the other side of the coin once in a while and offer solutions to what you think the problems are.

Oh well. As said before, anyone willing to have a NT-themed website is okay in my book, no matter how acid-tongued.

Well I for one, hate to see it go. It was a great board and many of the things that have been said above are correct. I have no idea what it takes to run a board, so I can only guess that it was hard to keep it going. I never read the article that Scottie posted, but judging from the posters on here and that I know that read it, I have no doubt it was right on.

If I recall correctly, the post that led to Scottie's excommunication was one arguing for pulling the plug on football unless we made a more serious effort to be competitive. I don't remember exactly what he said, but that was the jist of it. In reality he wasn't too far off. Once Scottie moved into exile that board was sort of an amusing diversion with all the negativity. It was still fun to read - if only to get really burned up at all the nonsense that was spewed(I could even agree with posts and get annoyed by their tone). The last 6 months or so, Scottie became too embittered to ever see anything positive about ANYTHING. I can't say I'm sorry to see the Voy board vanish.

Guest JohnDenver

If I recall correctly, the post that led to Scottie's excommunication was one arguing for pulling the plug on football unless we made a more serious effort to be competitive. I don't remember exactly what he said, but that was the jist of it. In reality he wasn't too far off. Once Scottie moved into exile that board was sort of an amusing diversion with all the negativity. It was still fun to read - if only to get really burned up at all the nonsense that was spewed(I could even agree with posts and get annoyed by their tone). The last 6 months or so, Scottie became too embittered to ever see anything positive about ANYTHING. I can't say I'm sorry to see the Voy board vanish.

It doesn't have to 'vanish.' Anyone is able open a voy.com account. The site was unmoderated. I don't even know why he closed it.. It doesn't take any effort to not delete posts or care about what hate spews.

SUMG and Scottie have posted over here a couple times after the Dodge hire. Maybe Scottie has put the voy.com on hold until we lose the first 7 games ;)