Wow....southlake Carroll's Fb Season Tickets: $660

(story by Jim Douglas; from the wfaa.com website):

SOUTHLAKE - By the time the birds awoke, the Dragons' fans had been up for hours.

"We got out here around 12:30 a.m.," said one fan.

They camped out in a storm hoping for a chance to spend a small fortune on seaon tickets for high school football.

"There's only four home games this year. So you're paying $600 for four games."

Actually it's a little more than that.

But this is Southlake Carroll - three-time national champs, state champs four out of five years.

You want season tickets, roll up your sleeves.

Demand is so high, they will pay $90 just for a license, a permit giving them the right to buy tickets for the next three years.

They can renew the license forever, but if they forget, then they are forced to buy another one.

"I came back on the day after, hoping for a little grace, but there was none. So I'm back in line," said a fan.

Many of these fans are trying to get season tickets now because they're afraid they won't be able to get them when their kids finally get to high school.

"My son's only going to be in seventh grade," said one.

"I have one that's in second grade," said another.

The kids of one fan are in pre-school.

The door is just about to open, but the sad fact is, if you want season tickets to Soutlake Carroll it's almost like someone has to move away or die. There are only 92 available this season. Most of these people won't get one.

Tickets finally went on sale at 8a.m., and out came the checkbooks.

Some $660 for high school football but they say it's about a lot more than that.

"It's about community and supporting the kids. Small town at its best," said a fan.

Anyone out thete think that a "winning tradition" has something to do with supply and demand? Put a great product on the field and people will "line up" to buy your product! Put "garbage" on the field and you can't give the things away....I think UNT just may be figuring that out! Go GREEN!

Anyone actually know what the tickets cost, this ridiculous article never states how many tickets; but implies it is a per ticket price. The below pertains to the 2005 season and I doubt the prices have been raised to $600. General admission Tickets at the gate were $7 in 2006 and $6 for adults and 3 for students in advance.

Season Football Tickets Go On Sale To General Public Monday

The 2005 Season Football Tickets will go on sale to the general public Monday, May 16 and may be purchased upon the securing of a one-year or three-year "Personal Seat License.” The cost of a one-year license is $50 per seat and the cost of a three-year license is $90 per seat. The purchase of a three-year license entitles the holder to guaranteed renewal of his/her ticket(s) upon scheduled annual payments. The cost of the tickets is $75 in addition to the seat license. All sales are handled through the CISD Business Office located at 3051 Dove Road in Grapevine (corner of Dove and Kimball). Tickets will be sold on a first come, first-served basis. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Edited by GrandGreen

Anyone actually know what the tickets cost, this ridiculous article never states how many tickets; but implies it is a per ticket price. The below pertains to the 2005 season and I doubt the prices have been raised to $600. General admission Tickets at the gate were $7 in 2006 and $6 for adults and 3 for students in advance.

Season Football Tickets Go On Sale To General Public Monday

The 2005 Season Football Tickets will go on sale to the general public Monday, May 16 and may be purchased upon the securing of a one-year or three-year "Personal Seat License.” The cost of a one-year license is $50 per seat and the cost of a three-year license is $90 per seat. The purchase of a three-year license entitles the holder to guaranteed renewal of his/her ticket(s) upon scheduled annual payments. The cost of the tickets is $75 in addition to the seat license. All sales are handled through the CISD Business Office located at 3051 Dove Road in Grapevine (corner of Dove and Kimball). Tickets will be sold on a first come, first-served basis. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

The article twice quotes $600. And you're right it seems to me as though they are quoting $600 for ONE (1) season ticket. Again this is based on the demand as there are only 92 openings.