83 Evans, Lee WR 5-10 197 26 4 Wisconsin

11 Parrish, Roscoe WR 5-9 171 24 3 Miami

81 Price, Peerless WR 5-11 194 30 9 Tennessee

82 Reed, Josh WR 5-10 210 26 6 LSU

15 Wilson, George WR 6-0 212 26 2 Arkansas

89 Aiken, Sam WR 6-2 215 26 5 North Carolina

INJURED RESERVE

-- Denney, Chris WR 6-3 219 24 R Nebraska-Omaha

I think it is a pretty good situation for him. Probably the best situation I can think of recently. It was pretty frustrating to watch Cobbs dominate last year for the Pats and it not really matter due to a lot of factors.

Patriots got a steal with Cobbs. He walked on and the Pats traded him to Pittsburgh for draft picks. Shows how good PC really is.

While I would like to say Buffalo would be the team Johnny is with on opening day, it will be fine if he gets traded somewhere else and latches on. Not that I want to get into the arguement of Quinn is better then Cobbs, but I think the same thing that worked for Cobbs last year could work for JQ this year.

I did not know this: Brian Waters was an undrafted free agent. KC got him from Dallas!

Shame on you Jerry Jones. <_<

I really believe that JQ has a reasonable chance to make it on the next level. Adequate size, adequate speed, and some of the best hands out there. The difference for him between the NFL and Denton will be that the ball will be chasing him instead of the other way around.

He could be great for the NFL: probably knows a thing or two about downfield blocking.

--Patrick may not be in a very good situation now.... New coach in Miami .... plus Ricky Williams may return ...plus Miami drafted a RB (Lorenzo Booker) in the 3rd round. Maybe some other place will be interested if things get too crowded.

Congrats to Quinn... he appears to have a chance .... very cold place and especially to be catching balls in December.

Patrick Cobbs did sign a two year deal with the Dolphins with the new coach there but as we all know nothing is a guaranty in the NFL they can cut you at any time so a 2 year or 10 year deal does not matter. Patrick is a hard worker and will make it through though I have no doubt. I played with both Pat and JQ and they have some of the best work ethic ever to go through that locker room other than mabey a Brad Kassall or Cody Spencer but look were they are. JQ will catch someones eye in training camp and make a squad and atleast be chasing down return men and blocking or returning some balls himself on someones special teams. JQ is the type of guy every coach wants on their team. A hard working, gifted athlete who will do what you ask him to do. I wish him the best.

Looking to make sure our other players are still with their teams, and founf this about Awasom and what he has done since joining the Giants...

Off-the-Field Activity: In 2005, Adrian visited donors at the Giants Blood Drive, helped construct homes for Katrina Relief with Habitat for Humanity at Rockefeller Plaza, and spoke about physical fitness during an assembly at Craig School in Moonachie, N.J…Adrian also played Santa at the Giants Jingle Jam, handing out new coats, backpacks, and toys to 750 New Jersey foster kids…Currently taking classes at University of North Texas as he works toward finishing his undergraduate degree…Made a financial contribution to Habitat for Humanity International’s Katrina Relief Fund… Joined teammates by making a contribution toward Thanksgiving and holiday outreach events hosted by the Giants’ players.

Representing NT very well!

Edited by BIG DAWG

You forget to mention Kassell and Spencer.

Kassell has had a strong career to this point...two years ago he racked up over 100 tackles, and should still be starting if the Jets didn't decide last minute to go back to a 4-3.

I say last minute, but what I mean is when they signed him, they intended on playing a 3-4, then after he signed they decided to go to a 4-3 instead.

You forget to mention Kassell and Spencer.

Kassell has had a strong career to this point...two years ago he racked up over 100 tackles, and should still be starting if the Jets didn't decide last minute to go back to a 4-3.

I say last minute, but what I mean is when they signed him, they intended on playing a 3-4, then after he signed they decided to go to a 4-3 instead.

I don't recall that. In fact, I'm prett sure they kept a 3-4 for most of the season. Kassell was just behind Vilma and Barton at ILB. In the article I posted before, Kassell talked about how he had to adjust to the 3-4 in New York and how it better fits his playstyle, so he's excited to be in New York where they run that D.

Another article.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/articles/s...-a-special-side

“Brad has been a great addition to the team. He has all the qualities that we look for,” said Mangini. “In researching him, there were several coaches who said he was their favorite player because of the way that he worked at practice, the way that he worked in the meeting rooms. He has a good presence about him. He's got that toughness, that country toughness.”

Kassell, a North Texas product, is also a heady ballplayer. He played with a passion welcomed by the coach.

Had UNT had a passing-style QB & offense behind a veteran offensive line the last 2 years as to get more passes thrown to Johnny Quinn, IMO, he would have been drafted in the top 3 or 4 rounds of last weekend's NFL draft. It seems receivers never get drafted in the NFL first round unless they are a super or mega-talent.

Look at Johnny Quinn, though, I mean we have a guy here who (while on campus and running on the NT track team) reduced his 40 yard time to 4.4 (and I think he was recruited out of McKinney HS with about reported 4.6 forty). The guy works hard and (barring injury) this will get him a playing role in the NFL. I feel JQ's sure hands will be his greatest asset.

Personally, I think Dallas Cowboys Owner/General Manager/Mr. Micro Manager himself, ie, one Mr. Arkansas Jones missed out on a golden opportunity for his personal NFL playtoy team by not drafting or even signing as a free agent the Mean Green's Johnny Quinn; especially for a team that allegedly needs some fresh, new receiving talent.

For those of you Baby Boomers and older who remember the Oakland Raider's receiver Fred Bilitnikoff, JQ can IMO easily do what Fred did in the NFL but JQ has much more speed than ol' F.B. ever dreamed of having. BTW, there is an NFL award named after the NFL Hall of Famer who played for Al Davis', uh, Raid'uhs.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

For those of you Baby Boomers and older who remember the Oakland Raider's receiver Fred Bilitnikoff, JQ can IMO easily do what Fred did in the NFL...

I wish JQ all the best, but I hope he doesn't do all the stuff that "Mr. Stickum" did in the NFL. One of my first bosses was a guy who regularly "partied" with Biletnikoff while in Oakland. He told me that they would often hit the bars and clubs in Oakland and SF and stay out all night drinking and smoking, and generally raising hell on Saturday nights.

He said Biletnikoff smoked like a tire fire, and drank like a fish (as did he, he said, at the time--both have long since cleaned up) Fred would show up at games right before the Raiders took the field and catch a couple of touchdowns during the game--having had no sleep in 24 hours, and still drunk! :lol: