Drawing Of Tulsa Stadium Upgrade

DeepGreen

Ideally I would like to see a cross between Baylor and UL-Lafayette. A white stone/brick facade...one endzone with seating with a nice green UNT or North Texas imaged. The opposite endzone, an open, grassy area, preferably not actually within the stadium. Admin could set up their "Mean Green Village" in this area, give away beer and food ect and create a party atmosphere in one end zone. The fans who go into the games now will still go into the game, but this area would give us atleast a showing of those who tailgate and never go near the gates.

I doubt admin would realize the benefit of this...thinking it would cost them ticket sales.

Really all I want them to realize the benefit of not having an f'n track between the feild and the fans.

I like Fouts!

I know you are being sarcastic, but I look at it like this - when fouts was packed for the baylor win - did I complain about fouts? nope. When it was packed for the SMU win? nope. Kind of funny, but when fouts is packed and we are winning games, the ole lady doesn't seem so bad after all...

I dont care for either one. UCF only has a few box seats, if any, and Tulsa does look like a highschool stadium. I hope our new stadium has plenty of box seats because I would like to get one. The more we have the more revenue they will generate.

Question: I see these stadiums all having metal bleachers, is it possible to get actual individual seats? I'm sure it would be more expensive but...

I dont care for either one. UCF only has a few box seats, if any, and Tulsa does look like a highschool stadium. I hope our new stadium has plenty of box seats because I would like to get one. The more we have the more revenue they will generate.

Question: I see these stadiums all having metal bleachers, is it possible to get actual individual seats? I'm sure it would be more expensive but...

what? and lose the revenue from the chair backs? are you telling me you don't like shelling out $25 a year for the privilege of a cushioned seat with a back? :rolleyes1:

One more thing about our 'new stadium'...KEEP THE FRATERNITY AND SORORITY LETTERS OFF THE FIELD. Im all about Greek-Life but nothing says small-time like having large wooden Greek letters in the endzones.

It never said small-time to me. Seems like a great venue for the Greeks to advertise themselves. If the wooden letters are taken away, then some other way should be introduced.

Edited by greenminer

It never said small-time to me. Seems like a great venue for the Greeks to advertise themselves. If the wooden letters are taken away, then some other way should be introduced.

Well, you see this stuff at SFA/SamHouston and many of the D1-AA. You wont find this stuff at big universities like TU, ATM, and the likes. Again, if we want to be taken seriously as a competitive D1 school I think we must look the part and this certainly doesn't look the part. This shows the 'world' that we, as a university, have to put our Greek letters where everyone comes so that a) people will hear about the Greek system because they wont any other way or B) our schools Greek system is so undesirable they have to advertise anyway they can. Both I think are not true. I think there are classier ways of 'advertising' your organization. I have set up my Fraternity's letters on the field before and really I thought it was pointless. If we have a TV appearance I hope that they do away with this.

Kragthorpe had nothing to do with the Skelly upgrade. I went to law school up there from 2000-2003, they were making plans for it back then. One of my professors was the legal liason to the athletic department's compliance department.

Like us, TU's discussion was always whether to knock it down or remodel it. They've chosen to remodel it in its current location. Tulsa is doing what I've said all along is the thing we should do - keep Fouts in its place and remodel it.

By the way, those aren't trees on the backside of the stadium, it's neighborhoods.

Tulsa has some uber-rich alumni, they just haven't been giving in the past. It's interesting to note that the same guy who gave Arkansas the money to redo their football stadium a few years back also gave Tulsa the money to redo their basketball arena. I could never figure out why he wouldn't just give TU money to revamp Skelly as well. It's much smaller than Arkansas' football stadium.

Three years ago, the guy who gave TU the money to build their state-of-the-art tennis center gave the school $7 million toward the North endzone reconstruction project. Now, another TU dude's Trust has given $9 million. That's big cash from two sources.

The things about TU that people don't know is that it's a rich, private school. And, I mean rich. Many of the oil bigshots from Tulsa's past claim to "Oil Capital of the World" got their petroleum engineering degrees at TU.

The thing is, the oil guys weren't really big into football. They have two world class museums up there, the Gilgrease and the Philbrook, but not much in the way of sports. I'll tell you, though. TU deserves it for all of the crappy football they saw from 1992-2002.

Fouts will soon have a highway access road running thru it's pressbox parking lot. The Fouts land is needed for the core campus. Plus the fact that it would cost more to remodel Fouts than build new. Even if it could be done, why? There is a beautiful empty field right across the highway, with duck ponds for tailgating, just waiting for us and a new stadium.