Memphis/ags

emmitt01

Few observations early. First, pretty evenly matched. Second, anyone noticing that Memphis isn't pressing them the way they pressed us?

The press was our weakness and the ags probably have a good press break. Different game plans for different teams... novel concept huh? :P

Also, we gave Memphis one of their toughest games of the season. It would have been nice to have wooden, williams, watson, davis, and bell all together one more year...

Edited by MeanGreenBuzz

One nice thing: UNT lost to a Sweet 16 team (relative SOS).

We lost to a Great 8 team at least, and I have the Tigers picked as the champion next weekend. It'll make the team feel a lot better about themselves if they end up having lost to the eventual champ in a tight game. Sorry for the Ags, but they had their chances tonight. They certainly got Memphis out of their full court run and gun game. Great pressure D by Memphis when it counted most.

I think the refs took that much time off because maybe they thought the ball didn't hit the line immediately, but bounced up and then hit the scorers table. It all depends on when the whistle is blown however, and instead of showing us that we got to hear the announcers blab on and on.

I think the refs made the correct call. The Memphis player hit the ball down which bounced "inbounds" then in the air to the scorer's table. It wasn't out of bounds until it touched the person at the scorer's table. The refs had a stop watch at the replay monitor, but in real time on the replay you could easily count one-thousand-and-one = 1 second in my book. They took off 1.1 seconds = correct call. A poor aggie pass started all this anyway.

Edited by NT80

ACIE LAW IV is the a choke artist.

After how clutch he was all season? He was due to miss something like that. Just about all clutch players do at some point, because they always get the ball in tough spots. Hell, I even saw Jordan miss plenty of game winners.

ACIE LAW IV is the a choke artist.

While he was "off" last night (and I'd credit Memphis for refusing to let him beat them), Acie Law has been one of if not THE most clutch college MBB players all season. At some point the guys around him needed to step up and out side of Kavaliauskas, it didn't happen. Joseph Jones missed at least one easy lay up and the rest of the team was only 50% from the FT line. That's a hard way to end a career for such a good guy. I kinda feel for him!

Edited by Eagle1855

This sure is a lot of end result smack from a board that tried to rationalize a loss to UTA....you know, because it was the replay monitor's fault.

Also, have you seen all the articles saying maybe NT was better than we thought because Memphis is in the Elite Eight. No? Damn it....

TAMU didn't deserve to win that game and got what they deserved, but when did you guys become so arrogant and knowledgeable about basketball?

Who's going to kick off the draft talk? I have Harold Stewart going early in round 2....

but when did you guys become so arrogant and knowledgeable about basketball?

It's not just basketball that I'm arrogant and knowledgeable about. I'm a know it all on everything. Just ask anybody. But I'm right more than not.