New Uniforms

Kelly green helmets do not look good. Look at every team that wears kelly and they have white helmets. If we are going to wear kelly green then it has to be white. Just look back at old pics from NT and how bad did the old Philadelphia Eagles helmets look with that color green.

The Div. 1AA kelly green helmet looked good.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but the Div. 1AA is not the same color green that NT is going to. If that was the color then I would be all for it. But we are going to something between the Flying Worm color and the Div. 1AA color.

Basically Marshall green or Southlake Color green.

Yes, but the Div. 1AA is not the same color green that NT is going to. If that was the color then I would be all for it. But we are going to something between the Flying Worm color and the Div. 1AA color.

Basically Marshall green or Southlake Color green.

As I understand it we are suppose to be reverting back to the original Kelly, which was the 80's color. The new basketball, track and cheerleading uni's also reflect this. As for the helmet, I think any shade of green is going to look a bit darker than what will be on the jersey's because they now put in a metal flake. To me our current helmet shade of green would do just fine with jersey's that match the new uni's on the bb, track and cheerleading squads.

Rick

----White Helmets make a lot of sense especially if you have a team that passes a great deal and especially for night games... They are more visible to a QB as he looks down field for receivers over the defenders. Part II... I expect us to throw more and remember Dodge was a QB in HS and college and understands that advantage of white helmets (UT uses white ones, don't remember what PA had) It might not matter so much on road since we would be wearing white jerserys but at home with green jerseys it makes a lot of sense so the receivers don't just blend in with the background so much.

---North Texas helmets were exactly as decribed in the mid 60's... White with a football-like symbol with NT in it. Hope we go with the script or some type of overlapping NT. Did not care much for the side logo as it was then. No worm... too dated now. Personally I hope it is a good looking NT.

----TxTech, A&M, and Texas have used the same helmet symbol (or something very close to it) for years (decades?). Hope we get a good one and stay with it.

Screaming Eagle, your last post made a number of excellent points. The post before that, however, was utter nonsense!

:blink::D;)

I think what he was trying to say in his previous post was that it's easier for a QB to pick up a streaking white helmet at night than it is to pick up a dark colored helmet. It's a little thing, but it makes sense in my mind.

I think what he was trying to say in his previous post was that it's easier for a QB to pick up a streaking white helmet at night than it is to pick up a dark colored helmet. It's a little thing, but it makes sense in my mind.

That is a good point, but I imagine it would work the other way as well - opposing quarterbacks could more easily keep track of where the defenders are.

----White Helmets make a lot of sense especially if you have a team that passes a great deal and especially for night games... They are more visible to a QB as he looks down field for receivers over the defenders. Part II... I expect us to throw more and remember Dodge was a QB in HS and college and understands that advantage of white helmets (UT uses white ones, don't remember what PA had) It might not matter so much on road since we would be wearing white jerserys but at home with green jerseys it makes a lot of sense so the receivers don't just blend in with the background so much.

---North Texas helmets were exactly as decribed in the mid 60's... White with a football-like symbol with NT in it. Hope we go with the script or some type of overlapping NT. Did not care much for the side logo as it was then. No worm... too dated now. Personally I hope it is a good looking NT.

----TxTech, A&M, and Texas have used the same helmet symbol (or something very close to it) for years (decades?). Hope we get a good one and stay with it.

In 1967 NT had white helmets with a green interlocked NT

I love how this makes everyone bananas (me included) over the colors, designs, what TD said, what he didnt say.

We'll all look like idiots come the OU game and UNT runs out of the tunnel with the exact uniforms they wore last year... Anyone consider this might happen?

I love how this makes everyone bananas (me included) over the colors, designs, what TD said, what he didnt say.

We'll all look like idiots come the OU game and UNT runs out of the tunnel with the exact uniforms they wore last year... Anyone consider this might happen?

Will not happen UA has been on campus to get sizes

I say we come out in Boise State colors and see how many of the OU players and fan go into the fetal position! :D

you know... when i saw this thread i got a little excited, but now that i have read 5 pages of it i am a little dissapointed. i was hoping this was going to be another helmet thread. but sadly, i have only seen what... two renderings of what the unis should be? c'mon we have a couple of artful ppl on this board, lets see what you can come up with as far as a new uni! im not artist, so i have nothing to offer. i do like however to see what ppl come up with as ideas. lets see what you got ppl!!

whered you here this rumor from???

First page of this thread, posts #1 & 2.......

Mar 7 2007, 12:53 PM Post #1

I am not sure if this has been address but thought I would throw it out there. I was watching the game last night with some friends of mine.....as well as patrick cobbs (for a while)...And my friend, who would def know, said that the new under armor uniforms are SWEET. He didn't go into too much detail but he said that the helmets were white, with either black or dark green North Texas on them.

All that to say that I'm excited about our new look, with our new coach.

#2 greenjoe

I went to hear Todd Dodge speak yesterday (tues) at the Trophy Club(?) Chamber of Commerce. I asked him that very question. He confirmed that only 4 teams in the nation are signed with UnderArmor. Those being NT, Auburn, Maryland, and Arkansas. He said green jerseys w/ white numbers trimmed in black. White pants. I asked about the helmets, and he said they would say " North Texas" on the side, but did not mention that they would be white.