De Ja Vu

emmitt01

That wasn't total hibernation mode. It wasn't as as irritating to listen to as some of our other losses this season to me. The 11 point lead evaporated quickly...it wasn't so much us falling asleep as them being more intense.

Once we got our bearings back we basically went toe to toe with them. What was most frustating to me was our post play disappeared tonight.

That wasn't total hibernation mode. It wasn't as as irritating to listen to as some of our other losses this season to me. The 11 point lead evaporated quickly...it wasn't so much us falling asleep as them being more intense.

Once we got our bearings back we basically went toe to toe with them. What was most frustating to me was our post play disappeared tonight.

I agree with the post play leaving, although we lead the rebounding war tonight...just goes to show we weren't aggressive enough.

Pretty upsetting loss. The way our offense seems to peter out down the stretch, I think that Sturns should be getting much more than his 15 minutes tonight. He contributes in so many ways, and I don't think he is ever given much of a chance to get into any kind of an offensive rhythm. If we have other offensive options that we're not utilizing, then please someone come up with some suggestions. Nice job in the first half by Watts, but we are still way too dependent on him hitting his threes over the entire course of the game. Pretty obvious that JJ disagrees. These close losses are getting to be a little too much.

Stephen F...........Lead by 21, down to 3,.won by 6.

Nichols State.......Lead by 11, ................won by 3.

WKU...................Lead by 21, lost lead,..won by...4.

FIU.....................Lead by 11,.................lost by 1.

S. Bama..............Lead by 12,.................lost by 1.

ULM....................Lead by 11,.................lost by 4.

ASU....................Lead by 11,.................lost by 3.

Sickening pattern.

Rick

Hey, at least we got free hamburgers. :D But seriously, I was sitting there wishing we could have had some relative of Avery Johnson coaching us to play some D in that second half. That little white dude from the other team was killing us with 3s. I was joking about how he looked like a little kid with my buddy until he started dropping 3s on us like that.

Michael Sturns is selfish and is out of control. Ten seconds on the clock, dribbling behind his back, throws up a prayer.....WITH OTHER OPEN LOOKS! It scares me to think he will be a full-time starter next year. All the talent in the world, but DOES NOT like to pass, at all, and makes stupid decisions. You're a junior now buddy, time to take some control of your game.

Michael Sturns is selfish and is out of control. Ten seconds on the clock, dribbling behind his back, throws up a prayer.....WITH OTHER OPEN LOOKS! It scares me to think he will be a full-time starter next year. All the talent in the world, but DOES NOT like to pass, at all, and makes stupid decisions. You're a junior now buddy, time to take some control of your game.

I would'nt blame this on Sturns. Eight seconds left and he at least was able to come in cold off the bench and weave through full court traffic and get off a shot. It didn't seem like he played much more than ten minutes and he had several assts/rebs, hit his foul shots, and I don't recall a turnover. It should not have come down to that point of desperation anyway if the starters had done their job and we didn't blow our last timeout.

I would'nt blame this on Sturns. Eight seconds left and he at least was able to come in cold off the bench and weave through full court traffic and get off a shot. It didn't seem like he played much more than ten minutes and he had several assts/rebs, hit his foul shots, and I don't recall a turnover. It should not have come down to that point of desperation anyway if the starters had done their job and we didn't blow our last timeout.

he could of atleast passed it to Watson he deserved the shot and was set up for a good look at the time..

There are few things I think you need to consider. Primarily, Sturns is playing out of position at PG; he should be a wing player. I don't know why JJ lost Lionel Brown for this year and didn't get a true point to replace him. Sturns is not a typical point but apparently JJ thinks he is better than any other option he has behind Bell. As wild as Sturns is, he is still has a better shooting percentage than Bell, Davis and Watson. Sturns does make bad decisions but it is surprising how often he actually converts. I look forward to Sturns senior year, I just hope he is not again forced into the point position.

Foundering? Even if we lose out this isn't anywhere near some of our recent end of season meltdowns.

I guess we are playing semantics, but yes I would say after having a 11-3 record in the 2006 portion of the schedule that 7-7 in 2007 is foundering. This is without a doubt JJ's most talented team playing in a weaker than normal Belt, yet the conference results are IMO disappointing and frankly I will be surprised if NT does not end up at .500.

I called for us to be .500 in conference around the Arkansas road trip. I hoped for more obviously, but this is about where I expected us to be after that. We haven't lost more than 2 games in a row all year IIRC(we did lose 3 of 4 at one point). But none of those losing 6 or 7 in a row type of skids that we've usually had under Jones...or Trilli for that matter.

It's not semantics. We've been a .500 ballclub for 2 months, win a few - lose a few(mostly depending on if we were home or away). We never went into a shell this season.

Another meltdown last night at home to a 14-14 team. One SBC coach this season said UNT has the most athletic conference team, which further leads me to believe it's the coaching failing us. Reminds me of another UNT basketball coach recently that could recruit but not do Xs and Os. When does spring football begin? <_<

There are few things I think you need to consider. Primarily, Sturns is playing out of position at PG; he should be a wing player. I don't know why JJ lost Lionel Brown for this year and didn't get a true point to replace him. Sturns is not a typical point but apparently JJ thinks he is better than any other option he has behind Bell. As wild as Sturns is, he is still has a better shooting percentage than Bell, Davis and Watson. Sturns does make bad decisions but it is surprising how often he actually converts. I look forward to Sturns senior year, I just hope he is not again forced into the point position.

You're damn right about that. He is definitely a two guard and I just don't get Jones trying to make him the backup point guard. There would probably be an argument against it if Davis were shooting lights out this season, but Davis should be running the point when he's in there with Watson and Sturns. It might even help Davis get into the flow of the game a bit better. Unless Bell finds a way to get more productive in the off season, I'm hoping that Dennis will run the point next year. On the other hand I guess we'll have to wait and see what kind of transfers we have coming in for next season before we can try and figure all of that out.

You're damn right about that. He is definitely a two guard and I just don't get Jones trying to make him the backup point guard. There would probably be an argument against it if Davis were shooting lights out this season, but Davis should be running the point when he's in there with Watson and Sturns. It might even help Davis get into the flow of the game a bit better. Unless Bell finds a way to get more productive in the off season, I'm hoping that Dennis will run the point next year. On the other hand I guess we'll have to wait and see what kind of transfers we have coming in for next season before we can try and figure all of that out.

he could of atleast passed it to Watson he deserved the shot and was set up for a good look at the time..

How many treys had Calvin made in the 2nd half? 1?

I hate to say it, but we went ICE COLD from behind the arc in the second half.