Who Does Everyone Cheer For In Baseball

AnotherEagleFan

I'll be cheering for the team/organization that fires Selig.

On the college level, I have no favs but it always makes me smile to see Rice win as much as they do.

Yes I like Rice also but they are a little too far away. Atleast for going to games. Maybe I will just go to TCU and root for the opposing team.

Normally UT-Arlington has a decent program. Northwood, University of Dallas and UT-Dallas have decent teams at times.

If you don't mind a drive, youve got the Baylor Bears, who are one of the best teams in the Big 12 most of the time.

Normally UT-Arlington has a decent program. Northwood, University of Dallas and UT-Dallas have decent teams at times.

If you don't mind a drive, youve got the Baylor Bears, who are one of the best teams in the Big 12 most of the time.

Thanks for the teams that is what I was looking for. And you are correct I forgot about Baylor. That may be worth the drive for a double header or two.

Thanks

I will be a big supporter of UNT baseball when it becomes a varsity sport. Till then I have to settle for Texas and Texas Tech.

for professional baseball, I like the Rangers most but also follow Yankees. I was a Yankee fan before MLB came to Arlington.

Locally I cheer for UNT my college is just too long of a drive. And I prefer college over professional sports. Well college baseball is one of my favorites and I was wondering who everyone followed since we dont have a team?

Isn't North Texas adding baseball for next season? I must say. I'm impressed at the steps that North Texas has taken to improve the overall quality and variety of it's athletics. You have to be very proud of your university. Isn't North Texas building a new athletic complex complete with a new 50,000-seat football stadium?

Oh...and Chicago Cubs. I started following the Cubs when Harry Carey was there in 1980s. Felt the first "sting" of being a suffering Cub fan when they went to the playoffs for the first time in eons against San Diego in 1984. Best of 5 series at the time. Beat SD twice in Chicago and could not win a game on the coast.

Ouch!

Weatherford Coyotes and the Fort Worth Cats.

By the way, Cats 1st base coach/ex Head coach Twig Terwilliger lives in Weatherford. I'm coaching my boy's T Ball team this year and ran into him the day of tryouts at our local baseball complex. He was there warming up the son of a family friend, getting him ready to tryout that morning. Coach T joined Connie Mack as the only two 80 year old managers in baseball history back in '05. The other day though he moved about like he was 25. Amazing.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Weatherford Coyotes and the Fort Worth Cats.

By the way, Cats 1st base coach/ex Head coach Twig Terwilliger lives in Weatherford. I'm coaching my boy's T Ball team this year and ran into him the day of tryouts at our local baseball complex. He was there warming up the son of a family friend, getting him ready to tryout that morning. Coach T joined Connie Mack as the only two 80 year old managers in baseball history back in '05. The other day though he moved about like he was 25. Amazing.

Rick

I was at that Cats game in '05. During the downpour (game cancelled due to rain in the top of the 2nd), I got to meet him. Very nice man.

Baseball being my favorite sport, I tend to root for anyone playing the Yankees. But I follow the Rangers and the White Sox, and some specific players. And for the record, I've been a White Sox fan ever since Frank Thomas hit a homerun in the 1996 All-Star game which won me a set of limited edition All-Star baseball cards. :D