Who Does Everyone Cheer For In Baseball

AnotherEagleFan

Baseball being my favorite sport, I tend to root for anyone playing the Yankees. But I follow the Rangers and the White Sox, and some specific players. And for the record, I've been a White Sox fan ever since Frank Thomas hit a homerun in the 1996 All-Star game which won me a set of limited edition All-Star baseball cards. :D

Right there with you - root for the Rangers, White Sox, and anyone playing the Yankees.

Judging from his fingers...I'm pretty sure our own MrStrange62 is a pretty big Cats fan...

yeah... thanks to the fort worth cats, i have my own Mr. T starter kit working... oh, and im a HUGE Astros fan!

4de5iys.jpg

ps FFR

its either wayne terwilliger or just TWIG... not Twig Terwilliger. hed prolly kick your a$$ himself you ever called him that!

Edited by MrStrange62

College team--North Texas, when ever we get it started. Right now, I would say

Texas. I did follow Rice last year. I always like teams that come out of no where to

play in the spot lights!

Pro team-- will be the Rangers. Maybe one day they will get it right!

My cousin, Danny Darwin, played for the Rangers and Astros.

Oh...and Chicago Cubs. I started following the Cubs when Harry Carey was there in 1980s. Felt the first "sting" of being a suffering Cub fan when they went to the playoffs for the first time in eons against San Diego in 1984. Best of 5 series at the time. Beat SD twice in Chicago and could not win a game on the coast.

Ouch!

Same here , I was only 6 years old in 84' but I was already a diehard fan. I sure miss the days of Harry & Steve Stone on WGN during the summer days. It's just not the same , but still I LOVE the Cubbies!!

• 3 weeks later...

I cheer for UT baseball. I don't know if anyone realizes how big of a deal baseball is around central Texas, but having grown up in Round Rock, I played with a couple of guys that now play for Texas and were on the team when they won the National Championship. Also went to school and played with a couple of pitchers now in the majors. Also grew up watching games at the Dish.

Used to play ball with Nick Peoples currently playing for UT. His dad was actually a little league coach of mine back in the day. And if I remember right he has 2 brothers that may have played in the majors at one time or another.

Chance Wheeless is from RR current playing for UT.

Kerry Wood is from Round Rock. (for all you cubs fans - although all he seems to do is get hurt these days.)

Thomas Diamond is from Round Rock, and is my age. (for all you rangers fans.)

John Danks (pitcher for Chi White Sox) is also from Round Rock and has a little brother playing for UT right now.