Recruiting Completed ?

MeanGreen61

The full story on Robinson

North Texas put what appears to be the final touch on its recruiting class over the weekend when Waco Robinson wide receiver/defensive back B.J. Lewis committed to play for the Mean Green.

The news broke late Saturday, but Monday's edition of the Denton Record-Chronicle has a more complete story on UNT's latest recruit. The Mean Green didn't offer Lewis until the last minute after another player backed out of his commitment to UNT.

Robinson was an all-state selection and played a variety of positions in high school. For a last-minute addition, Robinson appears to be a solid pickup.

With Robinson on board, UNT appears to be finished. Head coach Todd Dodge said he had as few as 16 and as many as 21 scholarships to give. Lewis is the 21st recruit UNT has landed.

At this point, what are your thoughts on UNT's recruiting class?

Here's a link to the story on Robinson:

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/...5.507b933f.html

The full story on Robinson

North Texas put what appears to be the final touch on its recruiting class over the weekend when Waco Robinson wide receiver/defensive back B.J. Lewis committed to play for the Mean Green.

The news broke late Saturday, but Monday's edition of the Denton Record-Chronicle has a more complete story on UNT's latest recruit. The Mean Green didn't offer Lewis until the last minute after another player backed out of his commitment to UNT.

Robinson was an all-state selection and played a variety of positions in high school. For a last-minute addition, Robinson appears to be a solid pickup.

With Robinson on board, UNT appears to be finished. Head coach Todd Dodge said he had as few as 16 and as many as 21 scholarships to give. Lewis is the 21st recruit UNT has landed.

At this point, what are your thoughts on UNT's recruiting class?

Here's a link to the story on Robinson:

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/...5.507b933f.html

Looks like the best calss, overall, that we have seen in quite a few years...lots of receivers...do we have anyone who can throw to them??? I give Dodge at least a B on this class...could upgrade to a A class, but we'll have to see how many actually sign and how they look when they get on campus. So far...so good in the Dodge era...excitement is higher than I have seen it in several...many...years!

I guess Dominique Buchanan wont be joining the Mean Green? If I were him and really had the kind of talent that he is supposed to have wouldnt it be worth coming to UNT as a walk on and he can get his grades up here and get offered a scholarship in say the second year? I think he has a better shot at showing his greatness for NT rather than going to a div 1aa school.

I guess Dominique Buchanan wont be joining the Mean Green? If I were him and really had the kind of talent that he is supposed to have wouldnt it be worth coming to UNT as a walk on and he can get his grades up here and get offered a scholarship in say the second year? I think he has a better shot at showing his greatness for NT rather than going to a div 1aa school.

I don't think there's a big precedent for that. If it truly is grade issues, he'll go JuCo.

Without the grades he could not walk-on. However ,if it's true that several players were grade casualties , several more scholies might have opened up.

Head coach Todd Dodge said he had as few as 16 and as many as 21 scholarships to give

So he has 21 at this time so he has written 5 players off for next season so I don't think several more will open up

Head coach Todd Dodge said he had as few as 16 and as many as 21 scholarships to give

So he has 21 at this time so he has written 5 players off for next season so I don't think several more will open up

From another Vito article:

"Lewis is the 18th high school recruit and 21st player overall to join UNT’s recruiting class heading into national signing day."

Openings probably mainly the result of grade issues. I expect Dodge will cure that too.