Isn't It Ironic? Dd And Usu Pick Up Verbal From

gangrene

http://dfwvarsity.star-telegram.com/FootBa.../Recruiting.asp

Hill commits

Posted: Saturday, February 03, 2007

Carroll offensive lineman Robert Hill has committed to Utah State. Hill said he liked the coaches, and the work being done to upgrade the facilities. Hill chose Utah State over Louisana-Monroe, Penn, Dartmouth and Georgetown.

For those keeping track, that gives Carroll six players who have made commitments. The others: Justin Padron (UNT), Kyle Russo (UNT), Anthony Ford (Georgetown), Arius Ford (Georgetown), Bryce Saldi (UNLV).

— Trae Thompson

Here is some news on some other guys we were recruiting.

Farley commits

Posted: Sunday, February 04, 2007

Keller quarterback Cal Farley has committed to Penn. Farley visited Penn, Brown and North Texas.

— Trae Thompson

Johnson picks Tulsa

Posted: Sunday, February 04, 2007

South Grand Prairie wide receiver Trae Johnson (5-11, 175) committed to Tulsa.

"It was a no-brainer," Johnson said. "Me and the coaches clicked."

Johnson said he'd been looking at Tulsa for two years, and most of his mother's family still lives in the area. Johnson admitted the recruiting process got nervewracking near the end.

"But I knew they'd come through," Johnson said. "Tulsa had been interested in me for two weeks, and I knew they'd come with it."

— Trae Thompson

OK, I'll post what I bet many of you have thought with this subject: Wonder how many times in 9 years any of DD's NT staff (including himself) visited SLC? Who knows, maybe they did, but we now know many DFW area schools they never visited listening to recent comments from many DFW area coaches.

I guess DD (thinking in the same "sad" lower level of thinking which influenced him to approve usage of those gol' darned black unis') found some semblance of revenge with this particular "possible" recruit from Todd Dodge's former school. Oh well, whatever floats some people's boats out there.......... :rolleyes:

I think more now know what the oft' used term as well as often shot down term (on GMG.com) "high profile" now means to our school and its football program; and what it has immediately done for our DFW area recruiting, too.

Our athletic program can only be as good as the personnel it hires, folks; and in the atheletic dept. that almost starts from the secretaries** all the way to the one in charge. If you hire D1-AA personel, most likely you are going to get an athletic program that has that "1-AA'ish" look and any school's media guides from any varsity sport can be a good barometer on that.

Carry on, Coach Dodge...

** When UNT hired Coach Hayden Fry, he immediately hired the one who was his secretary at SMU, one, Aileen Saegart.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Who was the big SLC dude that attended one of the home games last season. He sat with a large group of recuits. SilverEagle, FirefightnRick, do you remember the guy? He was wearing a SLC letter jacket. This could be the Hill who has commited to DD. If so, he must like to run block.

Who was the big SLC dude that attended one of the home games last season. He sat with a large group of recuits. SilverEagle, FirefightnRick, do you remember the guy? He was wearing a SLC letter jacket. This could be the Hill who has commited to DD. If so, he must like to run block.

I remember a player being there, but I don't remember that he was especially big. I remember the guy who might have been his father better. He was dressed in a Kelly Green oxford cloth shirt with the SLC logo embroidered over the pocket. He looked more like a North Texas graduate than most of the real graduates that were in the stands that night.

I was so impressed with his shirt that I acquired one very much like it with a NT exes logo over the pocket.

We need start dressing for the occasion folks! I went to the banquet two weeks ago, and I could barely tell that it was a North Texas event. <_<

I guess DD (thinking in the same "sad" lower level of thinking which influenced him to approve usage of those gol' darned black unis') found some semblance of revenge with this particular "possible" recruit from Todd Dodge's former school. Oh well, whatever floats some people's boats out there.......... :rolleyes:

That's pretty much the same thought that crossed my mind. I'd guess the conversation went something like this:

DD: Why aren't you going to UNT to play for Coach Dodge?

RH: Coach Dodge informed me that they don't have any scholarships left to give.

DD: Coach Dodge is full of %*^#. I know exactly how many scholarships they have and he could have offered you one if he thought you were good enough. Coach Dodge might not want you but we'd love to have you up here at Utah State.

I think more now know what the oft' used term as well as often shot down term (on GMG.com) "high profile" now means to our school and its football program; and what it has immediately done for our DFW area recruiting, too.

Our athletic program can only be as good as the personnel it hires, folks; and in the atheletic dept. that almost starts from the secretaries** all the way to the one in charge. If you hire D1-AA personel, most likely you are going to get an athletic program that has that "1-AA'ish" look and any school's media guides from any varsity sport can be a good barometer on that.

Not sure wth you are talking about there. An outsider would read that comment and interpret it as us hiring a high school coaching staff and, therefore, we could expect a high school athletic program and a high schoolish look!?!? :blink:

That's pretty much the same thought that crossed my mind. I'd guess the conversation went something like this:

DD: Why aren't you going to UNT to play for Coach Dodge?

RH: Coach Dodge informed me that they don't have any scholarships left to give.

DD: Coach Dodge is full of %*^#. I know exactly how many scholarships they have and he could have offered you one if he thought you were good enough. Coach Dodge might not want you but we'd love to have you up here at Utah State.

Not sure wth you are talking about there. An outsider would read that comment and interpret it as us hiring a high school coaching staff and, therefore, we could expect a high school athletic program and a high schoolish look!?!? :blink:

Uh, I believe what I posted was pretty plain that most would understand it. Not really sure why you added a ficitonal dialouge between DD and TD that never took place.

25 plus years of mostly a roller coaster ride with NT athletics and pathetically poor personnel hirings and you'd know exactly what I am talking about. Those on this forum who were also on that 2 1/2 plus decade ride know exactly what I am talking about, too. Check NT varsity sports media guides for your own proof--those records speak for themselves as they are all in plain black and white print in each one of those NT athletic journals (if you will).

Your interpretation on Coach Dodge and what his part would be in your fictional DD/TD dialogue (which never happened, of course) is your own--not mine; and I'd bet few outsiders would interpret that what you have (with much creativity I must add); anyway, its doubtful few would come up with the same kind of fictional dialogue and what Coach Dodge's role would have ever been as part of it anywhere close to what you have created. :wacko: In fact, I wasn't talking about Coach Dodge at all in that post but merely referenced TD's former place of employment, ie, SLC. In fact, I am wondering why I am even responding to any of this period; but I keep having to remind myself how so many on this board were seemedly quite ready for another year or 2 or 3 of DD Ball (no questions asked) as our Mean Green version of Rome continued to burn all around us.:(

How would you interpret "the rain in Spain..................oh, hell, nevermind, I'd be afraid to read that interpretation, too. :)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Uh, I believe what I posted was pretty plain that most would understand it. Not really sure why you added a ficitonal dialouge between DD and TD that never took place.

25 plus years of mostly a roller coaster ride with NT athletics and pathetically poor personnel hirings and you'd know exactly what I am talking about. Those on this forum who were also on that 2 1/2 plus decade ride know exactly what I am talking about, too. Check NT varsity sports media guides for your own proof--those records speak for themselves as they are all in plain black and white print in each one of those NT athletic journals (if you will).

Your interpretation on Coach Dodge and what his part would be in your fictional DD/TD dialogue (which never happened, of course) is your own--not mine; and I'd bet few outsiders would interpret that what you have (with much creativity I must add); anyway, its doubtful few would come up with the same kind of fictional dialogue and what Coach Dodge's role would have ever been as part of it anywhere close to what you have created. :wacko: In fact, I wasn't talking about Coach Dodge at all in that post but merely referenced TD's former place of employment, ie, SLC. In fact, I am wondering why I am even responding to any of this period; but I keep having to remind myself how so many on this board were seemedly quite ready for another year or 2 or 3 of DD Ball (no questions asked) as our Mean Green version of Rome continued to burn all around us.:(

How would you interpret "the rain in Spain..................oh, hell, nevermind, I'd be afraid to read that interpretation, too. :)

Plumm, nothing you post is ever "pretty plain that most would understand it", even your signature needs interpretation. Here I was trying to agree with on something and you want to argue about it. My fictitious dialogue was between Darrell Dickey and the recruit, Robert Hill not between Dodge and Dickey. It revolved around how I imagine Dickey would bash UNT and TD for not recruiting him and might view recruiting an SLC kid as revenge. Those were totally my own thoughts - not yours.

And I hope you're not putting me in the category of those who wanted Dickey ball to continue for another two or three years???? In fact, I was just the opposite. I still remember YOU accusing me of being a troll, and having ulterior motives, when I was calling for Dickey's head TWO seasons ago, in the midst of a 2-9 season.

And FYI - I've been following UNT football for 29+ years, so I know all about the roller coaster rides.

You are a tough person to understand...maybe reading this book will help me and others to be more sensitive and understanding of your feelings whenever we post:

0312306342.jpg

:blink:

A response to gangrene:

When DD was 2 & 9 that was the year we lost to Tulsa in the worst home loss in Fouts Field history. That was a season home opener. I officially was off the DD bandwagon after that game after sizing up that our prior 3-4 years recruiting efforts was hardly anywhere close to where we all hoped it would be--the 4 bowl games further confused many of our alums/fans who thought we were the next best thing to sliced bread (which we were, but only at the Sun Belt Conference level).:( YET............. the La Tech loss later that season only sealed the deal for many of us quite frankly--it was probably never the same for DD after those 2 key strategic losses during that 2005 season because that was when the discontent began..............

..................but FWIW...................why would I have ever accused you of being a troll for the calling of DD's head during that 2 & 9 season? Hellsbells, a growing army began to want his head and the rest of everything that came with it gone out of Denton period after many began to figure out all they needed to figure out on how we stood outside the SBC with our overall talent. ;) Maybe you have me confused with someone else who hung in their with DD till we gave him his rather nice severance package just 2 months ago; which many of us who would be raising hell about why Contract Extension U (remember that oft used phrase?) had been giving mediocrity toward the bottom rung of NCAA D1-A such a nice going away package from our alma mater. May of us fear others will also get some very nice going-away packages before all this is over with, too.

:blink::) AND NOW YOUR CONFUSION ON MY SIGNATURE ON OUR REMOVING OURSELVES FROM ALL MID-MAJORS AND WHAT WE PROBABLY NEED TO DO @ UNT TO GET THAT DONE? :o:rolleyes: What in the heck could ever be confusing about what I've posted below, gangrene? (Oh, that one really hurttttttttttt the most, gangrene, as I take anyone's signature as their serious side----well sorta'; you really know where to kick a fellow alum). :rolleyes::)

YOU MENTION THAT BOOK, TOO, EH? :) Heck, the book that most all us NT Exes probably need to read more of is the Holy Bible because we (more than most schools who call themselves D1-A) can relate to seasons of famine and walking aimlessly in the NCAA D1-A athletic wilderness moreso than most any other D1 -A school of the last 25 years. To those who did not object to or question NT leadership during much of that time concerning our annual Bottom 25 wilderness-walking; anyway , it is the opinion of many (including yours truly) that Todd Dodge is truly going to become our Mean Green Moses and lead us to the NCAA D1-A Promise Land; you know, sorta' like that high fallutin' real estate the Boise State coaches took their Broncos to back in January?

Now let me read my signature one more time to see just how unplain or unclear it could possibly be. :(

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

:blink:

A response to gangrene:

When DD was 2 & 9 that was the year we lost to Tulsa in the worst home loss in Fouts Field history. That was a season home opener. I officially was off the DD bandwagon after that game after sizing up that our prior 3-4 years recruiting efforts was hardly anywhere close to where we all hoped it would be--the 4 bowl games further confused many of our alums/fans who thought we were the next best thing to sliced bread (which we were, but only at the Sun Belt Conference level).:( YET............. the La Tech loss later that season only sealed the deal for many of us quite frankly--it was probably never the same for DD after those 2 key strategic losses during that 2005 season because that was when the discontent began..............

..................but FWIW...................why would I have ever accused you of being a troll for the calling of DD's head during that 2 & 9 season? Hellsbells, a growing army began to want his head and the rest of everything that came with it gone out of Denton period after many began to figure out all they needed to figure out on how we stood outside the SBC with our overall talent. ;) Maybe you have me confused with someone else who hung in their with DD till we gave him his rather nice severance package just 2 months ago; which many of us who would be raising hell about why Contract Extension U (remember that oft used phrase?) had been giving mediocrity toward the bottom rung of NCAA D1-A such a nice going away package from our alma mater. May of us fear others will also get some very nice going-away packages before all this is over with, too.

:blink::) AND NOW YOUR CONFUSION ON MY SIGNATURE ON OUR REMOVING OURSELVES FROM ALL MID-MAJORS AND WHAT WE PROBABLY NEED TO DO @ UNT TO GET THAT DONE? :o:rolleyes: What in the heck could ever be confusing about what I've posted below, gangrene? (Oh, that one really hurttttttttttt the most, gangrene, as I take anyone's signature as their serious side----well sorta'; you really know where to kick a fellow alum). :rolleyes::)

YOU MENTION THAT BOOK, TOO, EH? :) Heck, the book that most all us NT Exes probably need to read more of is the Holy Bible because we (more than most schools who call themselves D1-A) can relate to seasons of famine and walking aimlessly in the NCAA D1-A athletic wilderness moreso than most any other D1 -A school of the last 25 years. To those who did not object to or question NT leadership during much of that time concerning our annual Bottom 25 wilderness-walking; anyway , it is the opinion of many (including yours truly) that Todd Dodge is truly going to become our Mean Green Moses and lead us to the NCAA D1-A Promise Land; you know, sorta' like that high fallutin' real estate the Boise State coaches took their Broncos to back in January?

Now let me read my signature one more time to see just how unplain or unclear it could possibly be. :(

GMG!

We are now arguing over who was on the "Dump DD" bandwagon first. This is officially the beginning of the football offseason....crap.

--Dodge is Moses...???.. Good Lord I hope not..... He wondered around 40 years in the wilderness before he arrived in the promised land... We can't wait that long.

Don't blame Moses for that--he was ready to go in and take the Promised Land right away. He was just surrounded by a bunch of faithless, liver-bellied cowards who didn't believe they could take the Promised Land. Hopefully, Coach Dodge won't have that problem.