Arkansas State 3-1 5-4

Florida Atlantic 2-2 3-6

Louisiana-Lafayette 1-2 4-4

North Texas 1-3 2-7

Florida International 0-3 0-8

Louisiana-Monroe 0-4 1-7

Guest JohnDenver

Meager started.

Wilson came in once to run the ball.. there was holding on that play. Meager came back in immediately.

Green team is in the game now.

3 QBs used. Maybe Tune will do in? biggrin.gif

Guest JohnDenver

LaLa scored on a 3rd and goal from the 1. There was 1.8 seconds left and they threw a slant pass for a TD.

We almost took a 14-0 lead, but Phillips threw an INT in the endzone...

Dunham interviewed Lance White during half time. LW gave a great interview. When asked what his fondest memories were at NT, he talked about all the games where they competed with the "big boys" and beat TCU......with a team that had only 65 ships!

I remember that TCU game very well. Lance White was responsible for many of the fumbles that TCU committed that day because he went out and knocked the $hit out of em'.

He was also part of a football culture who's un-spoken motto was..

WE DIDN'T COME HERE TO LOSE![/B]

He also asked all ex-lettermen out there to come back to North Texas and participate in the game day experience.

Edited by SilverEagle

The Green Team does it again! I think their success at running, throwing, and scoring TD's really highlights just how many problems our starting offense players had.

Kind of makes you wonder why the starters are starters?? Who Picks the starters? There is something very wrong about that.

Edited by KingDL1

Kind of makes you wonder why the starters are starters?? Who Picks the starters? There is something very wrong about that.

I'm sure DD will regret his inability figure out an offense adjustment sooner. He dreamed up the Green Team thing too late. The answers to his offensive problems were sitting right there on the bench! Go Figure. It very good to know that most of the Green Team players are very young and will give us some talent for several years while our new head coach tries to get recruiting going.

Guest GrayEagleOne

No matter who the new coach is, I think you guys really need to keep the Green Team thing going.  Everyone is always looking for a tradition they can call their own.  I think you guys found it.

I think that's a great idea! I would hate to put that onus on a new coach that might have a totally different outlook but if it could be worked in as a tradition, I think that the fans would rally around it. It may never top the 12th Man at A&M but it should be pretty contagious.

I think that's a great idea!  I would hate to put that onus on a new coach that might have a totally different outlook but if it could be worked in as a tradition, I think that the fans would rally around it.  It may never top the 12th Man at A&M but it should be pretty contagious.

Having two offensive teams is inherently flawed, the better team is who you would want out there and everybody would be upset when the weaker team was in. It is more likely a sign of very bad coaching and not evaluating and motivating the players correctly. Why have these guys not been starting especially the green team line?