A HUGE SIGN FOR THE FAU GAME

NT03

I wanted to see if anyone knows or can , or would even pitch in on an idea I just had. I thought it would be nice if someone created a HUGE sign for the FAU game that says something along the lines of " THANK YOU SENIORS AND DD FOR THE YEARS OF HARD WORK " and everyone in the parking lot could sign it before hand. Any thoughts , Ideas ??

I thought it would be nice to show our appreciation somehow.

I was thinking of this very exact thing yesterday. I think it is a wonderful idea. I just don't know that I know anyone that can make a sign that big. I will check on it though.

Call Starlite Signs here in Denton....their manager is an Alum. They are capable of making a large sign and might even cut a deal on it.

They want to know what size. I have no clue. 10x3?  Is that too big or too small?

You should probably contact the athletic department and ask what the max size they would allow in, so as not to block the view of others.

Because of the message it is conveying, I would ask if you could hang it along the railing, possibly in the end zones.

It would be nice if this happens, it can be pinned so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.  Of course, we'll also need plenty of Sharpie markers - anyone got an "in" on those?  biggrin.gif

I actually DO have an in on Sharpies. LOL

We get a deep discount through work. I'll just order them and let my job pay for them. smile.gif

Still haven't heard back from this Paul guy but I imagine he might be a bit busy today...

I was thinking of this very exact thing yesterday. I think it is a wonderful idea. I just don't know that I know anyone that can make a sign that big. I will check on it though.

The only way to really get your message across, and make the evening sports on every channel...is to make the banner 10 yards wide and 30 yards long. You will need about ten gallons of paint and fifteen boxes of "sharpies." Do it big, or don't do it at all. Really....10 feet X 3 feet???? For gooness sakes! What a terrible way to send off Coach Dickey!

The only way to really get your message across, and make the evening sports on every channel...is to make the banner 10 yards wide and 30 yards long. You will need about ten gallons of paint and fifteen boxes of "sharpies." Do it big, or don't do it at all. Really....10 feet X 3 feet???? For gooness sakes! What a terrible way to send off Coach Dickey!

I agree. I think we need to at least double that. 25' X 5' would be probably do it.

That is why in this same thread I asked if that was too big or small. No one responded to that question did they?

That is why in this same thread I asked if that was too big or small. No one responded to that question did they?

You called and left a message asking what size they thought best, so wait till they answer. Or call on Tuesday if they don’t call back to get the answer. I somehow doubt they are going to allow a 25 yard sign!

I’ll bring my own Sharpie®.

I agree.  I think we need to at least double that.  25' X 5' would be probably do it.

At that size cost does become an issue. Just the blank for the banner will cost about $100. I have a 5'x15' banner that was ordered and then canceled so I have the blank just sitting here so I can do that. Again just waiting on approval. And if Dickey lives up to his name we can always do a thank you seniors. Let me know by Thursday or I am not sure we will be able to get it made in time.

Edited by ipd054

At that size cost does become an issue. Just the blank for the banner will cost about $100.  I have a 5'x15' banner that was ordered and then canceled so I have the blank just sitting here so I can do that.  Again just waiting on approval.  And if Dickey lives up to his name we can always do a thank you seniors.  Let me know by Thursday or I am not sure we will be able to get it made in time.

I haven't heard back from the athletic department yet. Big surprise there. dry.gif

I am cool with just a seniors message. I have a ton of black and green sharpies that I ordered and can bring so everyone can write messages to the seniors.

While it was Dickey's time to go, and things in the press may have gotten a little out of hand, there is no shame in you fans, whether you are DD supporters or not, honoring his accomplishments at UNT. Look at it this way: at least you didn't have Andy McCantwin for the last eight years. Andy used to talk trash about MTSU fans! He also left a huge mess in our football program which will take up several more years recovering from. I hope you guys make a similar turnaround next year with a new coaching staff that we have this year.

Best of luck, Eagles (sorry, I just can't bring myself to say... you know.)