Lets keep things in perspective here..

calvin

Another OOC game, another loss, it is really disappointing. I wish we could have found out how the game would have been if we didnt spot them 20 quick points. But unfortunately we cant and there are no excuses, somehow we have to got stop playing these kind of games. Whether the blame is on the coaches or the players or whatever we have got to figure out how to not start games out like this on the road...

But to keep things in perspective, we have lost to the defending Conf. USA and MAC champs on the road. We were one play from going into the half up 3-0 at Tulsa and we floundered 2 opportunities to get into the game today, in a game that we could have easily layed down and layed a big egg after being down 26-0. If you saw Tulsa's big win today and you see how Akron played at Penn St. and NC St. everything is not lost. I think we may see at the end of the season that the SMU game was a big win for us. I still really think that we have a good defense and if they can ever get teams to start at their own 20 instead of our 40 every possesion then they will be able to play and make big plays.

Please dont take this post as accepting losing and being satsified with the last 2 weeks b/c i am not at all, and I was very frustrated today. We are 1-3 and I really feel like our 3 losses were to good football teams. Now realistically we can go 8-3 and still have a really good season and hopefully pick up a NOB victory.

Another OOC game, another loss, it is really disappointing.  I wish we could have found out how the game would have been if we didnt spot them 20 quick points.  But unfortunately we cant and there are no excuses, somehow we have to got stop playing these kind of games.  Whether the blame is on the coaches or the players or whatever we have got to figure out how to not start games out like this on the road...

But to keep things in perspective, we have lost to the defending Conf. USA and MAC champs on the road.  We were one play from going into the half up 3-0 at Tulsa and we floundered 2 opportunities to get into the game today, in a game that we could have easily layed down and layed a big egg after being down 26-0.  If you saw Tulsa's big win today and you see how Akron played at Penn St. and NC St. everything is not lost.  I think we may see at the end of the season that the SMU game was a big win for us.  I still really think that we have a good defense and if they can ever get teams to start at their own 20 instead of our 40 every possesion then they will be able to play and make big plays.

Please dont take this post as accepting losing and being satsified with the last 2 weeks b/c i am not at all, and I was very frustrated today.  We are 1-3 and I really feel like our 3 losses were to good football teams.  Now realistically we can go 8-3 and still have a really good season and hopefully pick up a NOB victory.

I think this is a fair assessment.

I agree. Fair assessment. Doesn't mean that I am satisfied, though. We can and should be doing better.

GMG!

Another OOC game, another loss, it is really disappointing.  I wish we could have found out how the game would have been if we didnt spot them 20 quick points.  But unfortunately we cant and there are no excuses, somehow we have to got stop playing these kind of games.  Whether the blame is on the coaches or the players or whatever we have got to figure out how to not start games out like this on the road...

But to keep things in perspective, we have lost to the defending Conf. USA and MAC champs on the road.  We were one play from going into the half up 3-0 at Tulsa and we floundered 2 opportunities to get into the game today, in a game that we could have easily layed down and layed a big egg after being down 26-0.  If you saw Tulsa's big win today and you see how Akron played at Penn St. and NC St. everything is not lost.  I think we may see at the end of the season that the SMU game was a big win for us.  I still really think that we have a good defense and if they can ever get teams to start at their own 20 instead of our 40 every possesion then they will be able to play and make big plays.

Please dont take this post as accepting losing and being satsified with the last 2 weeks b/c i am not at all, and I was very frustrated today.  We are 1-3 and I really feel like our 3 losses were to good football teams.  Now realistically we can go 8-3 and still have a really good season and hopefully pick up a NOB victory.

Just think what might have been if we didn't have a coach who admittedly didn't have his team ready to play. We may have played Tulsa and Akron respectably, at least.

But to keep things in perspective, we have lost to the defending Conf. USA and MAC champs on the road. We were one play from going into the half up 3-0 at Tulsa and we floundered 2 opportunities to get into the game today, in a game that we could have easily layed down and layed a big egg after being down 26-0. If you saw Tulsa's big win today and you see how Akron played at Penn St. and NC St. everything is not lost. I think we may see at the end of the season that the SMU game was a big win for us. I still really think that we have a good defense and if they can ever get teams to start at their own 20 instead of our 40 every possesion then they will be able to play and make big plays.

user posted image

Just think what might have been if we didn't have a coach who admittedly didn't have his team ready to play. We may have played Tulsa and Akron respectably, at least.

By this logic, Mike Leach really is the worst offensive coach in the country. Coaches say stuff like this every week.

I agree with the initial poster. You are who you are - and losing to the defending CUSA, MAC, and NCAA champions is what anyone short of a delusional person would have bet on with a gun to their head. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'll be ecstatic with 8 wins and a SBC title. Also, I think the SMU win is going to end up being a helluva lot more impressive than we thought - ask Arkie St... We lose 2 or 3 conference games, and yeah, I consider going out on the bridge with the rest of you... until then, I see some positives in all this, and though I feel like I'm in a minority on this board in saying this, winning the Sun Belt and going to New Orleans is a successful year in my book. I feel like this team has the horses to do that - I'd say the most impressive teams in Non-Con have been Troy (hanging with FSU before getting blown out by Nebraska) and FIU (who loses each week to a good team by 5 or less).. and FIU already has a conference lost to Middle.

Let's play this out, and make our summations after the we clinch or play ourselves out of a SBC title.

Now realistically we can go 8-3 and still have a really good season and hopefully pick up a NOB victory.

Not that I believe it, but we would go 8-4. Don't forget, we get La. Tech in Denton later in the year, and you know how well DD prepares for OOC games.

The sad thing is that after the SMU win in front of a decent crowd, DD had the opportunity to build support. Now everyone is pissed and many won't return. Thanks DD.

Not that I believe it, but we would go 8-4.  Don't forget, we get La. Tech in Denton later in the year, and you know how well DD prepares for OOC games.

The sad thing is that after the SMU win in front of a decent crowd, DD had the opportunity to build support.  Now everyone is pissed and many won't return.  Thanks DD.

Except, we are going to beat Louisiana Tech. I guarantee that.

The new UNT Minister of Information's conversation with a reporter from the Denton Record/Chronicle who is actually beginning to ask tough questions for a change to NT Athletic officials, specifically, the UNT Minister of Information: ohmy.gif

DRC Reporter: "Mr. UNT Minister of Information (MOI), would it be safe to say that UNT seems to play the "low expection" co-existance role quite effectively and your fans will just about buy into anything you all dish down to them?"

And to continue my questioning with you, Mr. UNT Minister of Information, your Mean Green still cannot seem to win OOC games yet (once again) your regime very successfully does a con job as it pulls the wool over many of your constituency (fans) as a real bonafide "on the rise" and successful NCAA D1-A school.

...........Mr. UNT MOI, isn't all that a bit misleading, because most of its annual football success is most always reseved for Sun Belt Conference (only) schools when your fans oscillate from...................wanting to tar and feather DD out of Denton to wanting to nominate him for a place in the College Football Hall of Fame.................. with those big SBC wins? And Mr. UNT Minister of Information, you know exactly which schools I am talking about here, ie, the(SBC) schools that all seem to all dwell toward the Bottom 10 most every years since the SBC was formed and formed with such teams that very few UNT fans hardly knew even existed the back in the day when the Mean Green beat the University of Tennessee back in 1975? rolleyes.gifblink.gifohmy.gifsmile.gifsad.gifph34r.gif

UNT Minister of Information's response to a DRC reporter: "In the name of Alah-ouetta--Allah--Allah--'ouetta (insert tune).........first of all, what do you mean we have low expections at NORTH TEXAS?!?!? blink.gif What would ever make you ask such a question, o ye dogs of infidel status and BTW, that Tennessee win really never happened, it was just made up by a bunch of old fart NT fans who seem to always point at that game as a barometer as to how UNT should have been pointing its football program all the past decades. Don't believe those older MG infidels--just listen to your UNT Minister of Information here because I tell the truth about the way things really are at UNT and do you know why I know why things are so really good here at UNT? IT'S BECAUSE I WORK HERE AND JUST KNOW SUCH THINGS![/b] unsure.gif

DRC Reporter:[COLOR=gray]But Mr. UNT Minister of Information, don't the medai guides of all UNT sports programs sorta' tell the whole story and the truth of what is really happening in Mean Green Country as far as each of your varsity coaches successes (or lack of successes? "No, no, no, Mr. ill informed DRC reporter......nothing could be further from the truth and you know I am all about truth, right? rolleyes.gif

'At UNT, we aim for the moon! We aim for the stars! We have the best recruiting of all schools bar none! We build minor sports venues and then.............we put teams in them! We hire coaches and then send in their names and addresses to AARP! We are great! You know who else is is great and his name starts with an "A", but O ye infidels and non-believers of the truth who say UNT is not winning this war some of you call Dickey Ball. For one minute don't believe a word of that.

DRC Reporter: But Mr. UNT Minister of Information, didn't UNT have some decades where they actually beat some real football programs that UNT fans have actually heard about? "Actually, don't believe all those old timers and NT wind-knockers who talk about their holy-caustic wins over such so called "high profile" football programsbecause all that really never happened at UNT and you know that don't you, uh, Mr. DRC Reporter?"

UNT Minister of Information Continues: "So YES-ah! YES-ah! YES-ah! We are winning the war, ie, the NCAA D1-A war against all the other 118 schools with our top shelf coaches, best football stadium in the country, most unique style of athletic management we developed right here at UNT and you as a reporter should know that by the way we reward all our coaches no matter what; and also no matter how our teams perform because (say it with me slowly, Mr. DRC Reporter):

WE ARE NORTH TEXAS (let's say it together again: "WE ARE NORTH TEXAS!" Actually it should be clear to all that we are climbing the NCAA D1-A football ladder quicker than any ther non BCS school because our recruiting of the last 3-4 years was the best in our history and will show all how we can beat any OOC school from any low profile conference in the USA! USA! USA!. sad.gif

"So don't let me hear you say again that things can be better at NORTH TEXAS because in all actuality and FWIW Mr. DRC Reporter: Things couldn't be better than they already are at UNT because look how many of our fans accept it...........AND................. accept all we give you because I'm the UNT Minister of Information and I if I say things are getting better then...........things are getting better!." rolleyes.gif:

"NEXT QUESTION PLEASE............" unsure.gif

EIGHT AND FORTY-ONE

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

oh I think we could beat all of them, but I also thought we had a chance to beat Tulsa and Akron too. I think this team will struggle against Troy and others. I think we will probably lose at least 2 games. I am not convinced we will beat La Tech even though we play them at home....somehow, someway, even though that is at home, Darrell "keep 8 men in the box" Dickey will fail to "get his team ready to play" since it is an OOC game.

We certainly had the ability to beat Tulsa, with the right playcalling we could have made that game interesting early with the turnovers. Troy is going to be the team we have to go through to win the belt. By the way, the best thing for this programs future is to go 2-5 in the Sun Belt this year. I just don't think anybody is good enough to beat us.