Best Weekend Ever

Zeke

Please at least read the bottom of this post

What can I say, I will remember this weekend for all of my life. I arrived in the Fouts parking lot late Friday and set everything up with Emmitt. Lots of fun that night tossing the ball around and making the "Safeway Parking Lot" sign.

Saturday came, and I was more than pumped. Coming in, I noticed that the city of Denton had lighted traffic marquees directing NT/SMU traffic on 35. Also........the marquee outside Fouts no longer says "The leading U of the D/FW metroplex" Thank goodness. Grilled quite a bit for anybody that brought some food. I really enjoyed chatting with everybody. It was a pretty late arriving tailgate crowd, but it got rocking pretty good about 2 hours before gametime.

Gametime came and the place was rockin' real quick. That punt block got the whole place excited. Woody............what more could the guy do to solidify his position? Starting the "WE ARE...........NORTH TEXAS" chant with Emmitt was fun. It seemed to make a statement of pride. After the game Emmitt and I made it to the other side of the field and led the student section in a WHOSE HOUSE (OUR HOUSE) chant. Having a few thousand or so people say something in response to you is pretty exhilerating.

I was exhausted by the end of the night, but just couldn't quit smiling.

Then........

Sunday came and it was off to my girlfriend's grandmothers 80th birthday party. Many of you know my girlfriend Erin. I met her at the New Orleans Bowl in 2001. This weekend was only made better when I gave her a ring after 4.5 years of dating.

Needless to say, it was an unforgetable weekend.

Then........

Sunday came and it was off to my girlfriend's grandmothers 80th birthday party.  Many of you know my girlfriend Erin.  I met her at the New Orleans Bowl in 2001.  This weekend was only made better when I gave her a ring after 4.5 years of dating. 

Needless to say, it was an unforgetable weekend.

NOOOOOO!!!! What the hell are you thinking? She'll kill your life force! Take it back! NOW! Erin is pure evil!

Just kiddin'. Congrats to you guys!

Thanks for all the congrats. We are excited.

Coach, no doubt my fantasy football trophy ceremony should have probably been the topic of the post biggrin.gif

Rudy, it would be a crime to tell you guys before my own mom. I pretty much wanted things to be a surprise to everyone, so I kept pretty tight lipped.

Silver, you aren't the first one that has thought that.

Emmitt, you will have a new cousin in law, so I hope she can handle that biggrin.gif

Thanks again for all the congrats.

The football team can congratulate me with a win over Tulsa.