SMU Loves Us

KingDL1

How neat that needs to be posted on the Pony board.....their response would be very interesting...............please do that and let us know. added: I went to the pony board and posted a link to this posting...it will be interesting to see their comments.

Edited by OldTimer

How neat that needs to be posted on the Pony board.....their response would be  very interesting...............please do that and let us know.  added:  I went to the pony board and posted a link to this posting...it will be interesting to see their comments.

They'll probably claim that UNT grads do maintenance/cleanup work at their stadium & lawn work around campus. wink.gif

Well the Phonies are thrilled that SOMEBODY is actually looking forward to playing them. Afterall it's a unique situation for them. They're pretty used to being a college football afterthought.

And for some reason they got some guy that thinks calling us NTSU and a teacher college are the ultimate form of insults. It appears that he can't get past the fact we have grown so far past those days. It seems to really bother him. blink.gif

Edited by Baby Arm!

Well the Phonies are thrilled that SOMEBODY is actually looking forward to playing them.  Afterall it's a unique situation for them.  They're pretty used to being a college football afterthought.

As opposed to the situation for you guys when someone looks forward to playing y'all? Especially your OOC games.

There were plenty of teams who were looking forward to playing us last year during our 3 game end-of-season win streak. Y'all didn't have 3 wins all year.

As opposed to the situation for you guys when someone looks forward to playing y'all?  Especially your OOC games.

There were plenty of teams who were looking forward to playing us last year during our 3 game end-of-season win streak.  Y'all didn't have 3 wins all year.

It is very sad that we have lowered ourselves to looking forward to a SMUt game. sad.gif

Edited by NT80

As opposed to the situation for you guys when someone looks forward to playing y'all?  Especially your OOC games.

There were plenty of teams who were looking forward to playing us last year during our 3 game end-of-season win streak.  Y'all didn't have 3 wins all year.

The pony is exactly right. For the first time in the last half decade SMU might have ended the season ranked higher than NT. Let's allow them about, say, 30 days to reflect on their accomplishments.

The pony is exactly right.  For the first time in the last half decade SMU might have ended the season ranked higher than NT.  Let's allow them about, say, 30 days to reflect on their accomplishments.

Haha, yes, we shall see what happens after that 30 day period. I will say this...your fanbase is fired up! That will make Denton a tough place to play!

Haha, yes, we shall see what happens after that 30 day period.  I will say this...your fanbase is fired up!  That will make Denton a tough place to play!

CafallenStang, please do tell your Stang collegues that it was your very own SMU alum, ie, Governor Bill Clements who actually signed the bill that created the name of, uh, the University of North Texas.

I notice a few on your board still get some kind of rush by calling us NTSU? To quote NT Ex Dallas Green from days, weeks, months and years gone by: "Who is this NTSU anyway?" {:>)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

CafallenStang, please do tell your Stang collegues that it was your very own SMU alum, ie, Governor Bill Clements who actually signed the bill that created the name of, uh, the University of North Texas. 

I notice a few on your board still get some kind of rush by calling us NTSU?  To quote NT Ex Dallas Green from days, weeks, months and years gone by:  "Who is this NTSU anyway?"  {:>)

I've tried to say it before, but I get nowhere. I've settled for saying UNT or NT everytime I post as a few others do but for some reason some are still set in saying NTSU.

I've tried to say it before, but I get nowhere.  I've settled for saying UNT or NT everytime I post as a few others do but for some reason some are still set in saying NTSU.

---That constant misuse (disrespect) of the UNT is exactly why UNT has such a dislike of SMU and not the same attitude about TCU and the others. SMU thinks is is a put down to us. It makes them look silly and makes them look like they have an inferiority complex and are worried that we will take over and make them insignificant., which they may be now. They have really gone south since the cheating scandel and the breakup of the SWC. Growing up I heard the place mentioned quite a bit, I rarely do anymore out here in West Texas. The crazy arrogant attitude is about all they excel at anymore.

SMU is still rolling.

Pony Board

The Pi$$ing match is going strong.

Reading that thread gave me a tired head...pretty much the same insults they have hurled at us for years.

I've given up on caring what the high-and-mighty SMUers think about us and our university. Their sh*t stinks the same as everyone elses. dry.gif

September can't get here fast enough.

Reading that thread gave me a tired head...pretty much the same insults they have hurled at us for years.

I've given up on caring what the high-and-mighty SMUers think about us and our university.  Their sh*t stinks the same as everyone elses.  dry.gif

September can't get here fast enough.

I do not really care what they have to say I am more interested in getting people fired up for the upcoming game in Denton.

In fact I figured the SMU fans would have been a little more imaginative, then just trying to talk down to UNT. I guess the education level has really slipped at that institution over the last twenty years. The SMU boys do not seem to know the difference between a college town and large city.

I really hate when an expensive school like SMU fails their students, that should be a crime.