Would you buy this t-shirt?

emmitt01

I wouldn't buy a t-shirt like that... I share your dislike for all things SMU. but we shouldn't let them know that kind of thing gets under our skin.

We ought not to let that little private school built on an old ranch get the better of us. We should pour our efforts into creating more support for our teams, rather than focusing on one wannabe elitist school who couldn't field a worthy team without boosters paying for players.

Maybe a shirt that simply states the desire to kick some pony ass!

Edited by ike

I like the idea of a shirt for this rivalry (if we want to call it that). We may want something that comes across less begrudging. Next year's ponies will be better, so I am not so quick to fire the first round. However, as Emmitt is onto something here... My t-shirt would be more simple;

Front: "Yes, Ford Stadium is nicer than Fouts..."

Back: "We dont have front row parking at halftime"

Or

Front: "SMU Football...where every fan counts"

Back: "But every game ticket counts TWICE"

and finally

Front: "Phil Bennett...meet Jamario Thomas"

Back: "You can help coach him next year."

Just a friendly stinger or two that wont make us seem so insecure...hehe Everyone should take a shot at this one..it's fun!!!

GMG!!! smile.gif

Ok, ok, I get it. How about these?

Front: It's not whether you win or lose...

Back: It's how you pay your players, right SMU?

Front: Just one question...

Back: Is she around that mountain yet?

Front: We're a college team playing in a high school stadium...

Back: You're a...well your fans already know

WE need to drop the "hate SMU" rhetoric.

No...WE need to up the "We Hate (insert other school's name here)" rhetoric.

That is one of the huge problems with little North Texas. We don't have the balls and enough pride to take up for ourselves or to progress the athletic programs.

No...WE need to up the "We Hate (insert other school's name here)" rhetoric. 

That is one of the huge problems with little North Texas.  We don't have the balls and enough pride to take up for ourselves or to progress the athletic programs.

I agree 110%. Irrational hatred of SMU is my god given right. I don't care if it makes me look "petty" or "immature." Does OU look petty for hating UT? Does SMU look petty for hating TCU? No, they're rivals and they hate eachother. How can I not hate SMU?

It's private vs. public, big school vs. little school, white collar vs. blue collar, good vs. evil.

IMHO

Boo and heckle all you want, just do it in relatively good taste. The best and most classic humor ever is the humor that doesn't rely on "going for the crotch" or flinging the "F" word around.

References to the past are for the purpose of letting new people know that we DO have a past.

I do not think cheezy t-shirt designs that look like some sorority president designed them are the key to building rivalries. Rivalries come from winning and high stakes - we have a rival with MTSU because we always beat them. We had NMSU for a bit. If we play SMU enough, bring on the rivalry. If you run around nipping at everyone's ankles saying "I can play too" with nothing to back it up, you get laughed at. Tech tried it for years, but they didn't get attention until they started beating UT and TAMU. Want a rival? Win games. Want more fans? Win games.

I agree with this.

IMHO

Boo and heckle all you want, just do it in relatively good taste. The best and most classic humor ever is the humor that doesn't rely on "going for the crotch" or flinging the "F" word around.

for the record toilet humor is the only real humor, and every joke can be made funnier with an extra f word.

IMHO

I don't use the F word. Who do you think I am, Dickey?