New U.N.T. Quarterback

J-Mo Fan

I just found out that the Mean Green have signed another quarterback by the name of Steven Prince. I for one am excited because he and Super-J have been playing in the same backfield since they were in pee-wee football.

He hails from Spring Hill and Kilgore College. He just got moved into Victory Hall a week from this past Thursday and has begun workouts.

To give you an insight, he reminds me a lot of Scott Hall. Not real quick, but very smart and very accurate with a very strong arm.

I am just confused as to why the school has not released this. Nonetheless, it should be a very interesting Spring!

I just found out that the Mean Green have signed another quarterback by the name of Steven Prince. I for one am excited because he and Super-J have been playing in the same backfield since they were in pee-wee football.

He hails from Spring Hill and Kilgore College. He just got moved into Victory Hall a week from this past Thursday and has begun workouts.

To give you an insight, he reminds me a lot of Scott Hall. Not real quick, but very smart and very accurate with a very strong arm.

I am just confused as to why the school has not released this. Nonetheless, it should be a very interesting Spring!

From what I know, he's a recruited walk-on. He's not on scholarship this semester, but if he makes the team out of Spring Ball, he will get a scholarship.

I could be incorrect, but this is what I've heard. But it's a good pick up no matter how he got here. If Super J's happy, then I'm happy.

Well, he might not have Hall's face, but he's got Hall's hair from a few years back. Anyone remember his Mick Jagger?

And he went to Kilgore JC. Go Rangers!!!!!! It is the only school I went to that the colors weren't green and white. Nice to see some East Texas recruiting going on!

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like the QB position is getting pretty crowded.

That's always a good thing. If we can draw good QBs here, we can establish a strong corps of guys to shoot the ball around. With those not qualified enough to make it as QB backups, we put them at other positions that need their skill sets or body types.

It also looks like we're getting the guys we need at both sides of the line, too. Hats off to the recruiting staff. The team might just be able to back up DD's bold statement at the Banquet!

Is he a Grey-Shirt?  What does that even mean?

A grey shirt is delayed enrollment. It works like this:

Player A signs a national letter of intent with a school, but the school doesn't have a scholarship for him that year. He can enroll and go to class part-time, but cannot work out or play with the team. He pays his own way for the first semester, then joins the team in January when a scholarship becomes available.

The effect is simply to "add" 1/2 a semester to your "five years to play four." Many colleges are beginning to grey shirt guys with academics problems, but who can afford to pay for part time school themselves. Players injured during their senior year of high school go this route sometimes as well.

The reason you don't hear much about it is that most kids will sign anywhere once it comes right down to it, even if it's with a JUCO or lower division. They don't want to sit for an extra semester and not be able to practice, let alone play, football. It take a good bit of discipline because the grey shirting player has to keep himself in shape and focused...while paying his own way, of course.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

most likely the NCAA Clearinghouse has taken these kids out of the D1 schools.

Also some of them were told by schools that they needed to play an extra year and work on their skills so they can transfer to the D1 school rather then red shirt and take a ship this year.

Edited by PHSCoach

http://www.kilgore.edu/Roster.asp?Type=3

Take a look at this roster.....there are several 6-2 to 6-4 Freshman and Sophmores weighing in over 300 .

Why cant we get size like this?? Are they just big and slow?

2005 Record

By the look of their record, I would say that this is problem.