Who's Hot...

Eagle1855

North Texas games

The 2-8 Mean Green might stink this year and is on a five-game losing streak, but no one plays closer conference games. All six games in Sun Belt play have been decided by a touchdown or less with the total margin a mere four points. The defending Sun Belt champions close out with a road trip to Arkansas State.

CFN Who's Hot, Who's Not

Thanks for that 1855

It's interesting I really haven't paid attention to the margins, I just consider a loss a loss. Some will hate me for this comment and I almost hate myself for it, but for how many young people we have on the team right now, I don't think we are very far from turning those around.

Thanks for that 1855

It's interesting I really haven't paid attention to the margins, I just consider a loss a loss.  Some will hate me for this comment and I almost hate myself for it, but for how many young people we have on the team right now, I don't think we are very far from turning those around.

Maybe you're right but people like to compare this team to the one of 2001. But as I recall, we weren't losing by 3 points to ULL, we were shutting them out to the tune of 6 touchdowns....

Maybe you're right but people like to compare this team to the one of 2001. But as I recall, we weren't losing by 3 points to ULL, we were shutting them out to the tune of 6 touchdowns....

You're right, I honestly think our defensive problems come from the DL not being able to get pressure and flush the pocket and create havoc in the backfield. We really only need one big playmaker to step up on the line. During those times we had Awasom and Kennedy both there, both capable of drawing double and triple teams to free other defenders.

I dont understand how you can regress as far as we have?

2003 9 wins?

Coming into 2004, many expected this to be a big breakout season for us(I know I did) all we did was get embarresed in OOC.

2004 7 wins?(over bottom-feeders, we didnt even play Troy!)

2005 2 wins?(MT, FIU)Its not like the belt has progressed as far as teams getting better(1 DIVA OOC win), we've only slumped down to the sun belch level.

If we dont get one OOC win next season, then we really havent made any progress since joining DIV1A again.

If we dont get one OOC win next season, then we really havent made any progress since joining DIV1A again.

There will be no question that Dickey will be gone after next season with another 0-4 OOC record next year. Tulsa, LaTech (at home this time), SMU at home...he's got no excuses left.

Look at Texas A&M under Dennis F.:

4-8 his first year

7-5 his second year

5-6 his third year....5-5 now but will lose to Texas this Friday.

You ask how a program can degress?

Can happen to anyone.

Look at Penn State....prior to this year they were already digging the grave of JoePa. This year #3 in the nation.

Some of you will say you can not compare BCS to Mid-Majors but that is not the point......roller coaster rides happen at ALL levels of sports.

BTW.......what is our schedule next year??? I will have to write it down.

Look at Texas A&M under Dennis F.:

4-8 his first year

7-5 his second year

5-6 his third year....5-5 now but will lose to Texas this Friday.

You ask how a program can degress?

Can happen to anyone.

Look at Penn State....prior to this year they were already digging the grave of JoePa.  This year #3 in the nation.

Some of you will say you can not compare BCS to Mid-Majors but that is not the point......roller coaster rides happen at ALL levels of sports.

BTW.......what is our schedule next year??? I will have to write it down.

I think it will be safe to assume that if Frannie gets blown out by UT on Friday he could be very close to being gone, personally it could not happen to a better person.

I think it will be safe to assume that if Frannie gets blown out by UT on Friday he could be very close to being gone, personally it could not happen to a better person.

Next year will be his telltale year, he will have had four years to build and recruit.

I work with a couple of Aggies.....one who used to play for Fran.. What he says is that Fran is not too highly respected by the team because it is his way or no way.

It was funny because he said, "what we have here is a failure to communicate."

If the aggs have another losing season then.............???? darn....you know how the aggs hate to lose.