GMG members looked foolish

catman12

While watching the game Saturday, I noticed some of the members of this board were standing during the game. Any time there was an offensive play call that they didn't agree with, they would turn around toward the press box and give the thumbs down, fold their hand with a pouty look on their face, or hold their hands out as it to say "what the hell was that call". While I will say some of the calls weren't what I would have preferred to see, turning around toward the press box really only made you guys look foolish.

I thought it looked pretty elementary and I was kind of embarassed for you. This is only one man's opinion and take it as you would like. While some North Texas fans do not agree with the playcalling by Ramon Flanigan, he knows so much more football that any of us it's not even funny.

While it may be time for our program to take a different direction, Flanigan has helped us win conference titles, go to bowl games, and enjoy some success the past few years. He deserves a little more respect that this!! THIS POST HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM GOING AFTER FANS AT HALFTIME. HE WAS 100% WRONG FOR THAT!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JohnDenver

While watching the game Saturday, I noticed some of the members of this board were standing during the game.  Any time there was an offensive play call that they didn't agree with, they would turn around toward the press box and give the thumbs down, fold their hand with a pouty look on their face, or hold their hands out as it to say "what the hell was that call".  While I will say some of the calls weren't what I would have preferred to see, turning around toward the press box really only made you guys look foolish.

I thought it looked pretty elementary and I was kind of embarassed for you.  This is only one man's opinion and take it as you would like.  While some North Texas fans do not agree with the playcalling by Ramon Flanigan, he knows so much more football that any of us it's not even funny. 

While it may be time for our program to take a different direction, Flanigan has helped us win conference titles, go to bowl games, and enjoy some success the past few years.  He deserves a little more respect that this!!  THIS POST HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM GOING AFTER FANS AT HALFTIME.  HE WAS 100% WRONG FOR THAT!!!

Did they interrupt your golf clapping?

I do not believe catman is complaining about yelling or being into the game. Correct me if I am wrong catman, but you were complaing about the stupid looks & gestures up to pressbox. Standing up and yelling and encouraging your team is great. A couple of the individuals looking back at the press box looked immature. I had to explain to my children that is not the way to act or the way to be a mean green fan. The actions of those few were just plain embarrassing.

Please Grow Up!!!! dry.gif

It is a game and they can do whatever they want. I'm not saying they should have been kicked out of the game or anything, I'm just saying I thought it looked a bit childish. As I said originally, that is only my opinion...take it as you wish!

I get kind of tired of fans that will bash the hell out of coaches when we are losing, but won't give any credit to coaches when we are winning. You can't give players all the credit when we win, then turn around and bash coaches for losing.

I am in favor of standing, yelling, making noise, and supporting your team at the game. However, I'm not in favor of trying to show up our coaches and act as if you know more about football than they do.

The problem is if we were always complacent with the coaches play calling then it would never change and RF would run this offense into the ground... wait, isn't he already doing that.

Announcer: Its 3rd and 12 lets see what the Mean Green do now.

Its Cobbs up the middle for a gain of 2.

Wow good play call there. Thats about as good as Dave Campo could call for the Cowboys. Every time they had a 3rd and long it was either a short out or a run play. Like they had given up on the drive. Want to see what a real coach does look at Parcells and Sean Payton. I wonder how much it would cost to hire Payton to coach for NT?

I think catman and big daddy are one and the same. If you think looking back to the pressbox is immature, you haven't been to too many football games. Try going to Baton Rouge sometime. We act like Nepalese monks compared to a real football atmosphere. It's people like you that need to be weeded out. If you don't act a little foolish at a ballgame WE DON'T NEED YOU! STAY HOME!

Speaking of Flanagan, my eight year old daughter could call a better game.

I am in favor of standing, yelling, making noise, and supporting your team at the game.  However, I'm not in favor of trying to show up our coaches and act as if you know more about football than they do.

I agree about some of the silly gestures/yellings toward the pressbox. But I do not agree a title of football coach excludes said person from questionable calls. 7-42 in OOC and 2-6 this season says something is not right. If you saw the game you know what problems we had with time management and some questionable strategy, that's poor coaching. It is a title, not immunity.

Oh jeez, seriously can we stop with the "we dont need you" and the "just stay home" comments?

You wouldnt think fans would be saying stuff like coming from a school that doesnt even average 20k over the course of a year for their games.

I would much rather have 8000 screaming meanies than 25000 golf clapping zombies. It would be a base to start from atmosphere-wise. Also, I never tell anyone what to or not to post.

I would much rather have 8000 screaming meanies than 25000 golf clapping zombies. It would be a base to start from atmosphere-wise. Also, I never tell anyone what to or not to post.

Well pat yourself on the back for not telling people what and what not to post... It was a question and it wasnt targeted at yourself specifically, there are several posts on this board that have comments like that.

I think its absurd to hear people telling other fans of a program that has a hard time getting any butts in the seats in the first place to not show up. If you dont see it that way then I can respect that... I just dont understand it.

I get kind of tired of fans that will bash the hell out of coaches when we are losing, but won't give any credit to coaches when we are winning.  You can't give players all the credit when we win, then turn around and bash coaches for losing. 

That won't fly with the guys and gals who put in all the hard work feeding the whole athletic department, including football coaches and players each year with a barbecue feast.

Good grief people. This crap is giving me tired head.

If someone says they've had enough and are leaving, I don't blame them. I wish they'd stick with it, but I don't blame them.

If someone looks back at the pressbox like "What the hell was that?", I don't blame them. It might look a little silly, but I don't blame them.

If someone expresses their disappointment/disapproval with any of the coaching staff, I don't blame them. I still hope they hang in there, but I don't blame them.

Just freakin' chill people. This is one season. There will be decades more, there will be dozens of coaching changes, there will be losses, there will be wins, there will eventually be a new stadium. There are going to be diehards, bandwagoners, fair-weathers, etc. Just be happy that there are fans.

GO MEAN GREEN!

. It's people like you that need to be weeded out. If you don't act a little foolish at a ballgame WE DON'T NEED YOU! STAY HOME!

HMMMMMM!!!!!! Half of the posters on this board bemoan filling the stadium with fans after a loss. Now we have a poster who thinks posters that disagree with behavior at a football game and voice their opinion need to be weeded out and stay home.

Just trying to get a grasp of the GMG rules!

Well pat yourself on the back for not telling people what and what not to post... It was a question and it wasnt targeted at yourself specifically, there are several posts on this board that have comments like that.

I think its absurd to hear people telling other fans of a program that has a hard time getting any butts in the seats in the first place to not show up. If you dont see it that way then I can respect that... I just dont understand it.

It's not just about increasing attendance, it's about atmosphere and spirit too. I personally would much prefer to see 100 fans that are interested in what's going on and are spirited and are ready to let the coaches know what the fans want than 500 fans who moan and complain about other fans and criticize them for the way they celebrate/show spirit/behave at games. This kind of attitude is discouraging to others and calling other fans immature, childish, rude, or what have you is just that exactly - rude. You are entitled to your own opinion but you don't need to show us how judgemental you are by calling us out. This only fosters bickering and negativity. Can't we all just get along?

Let me say this...I didn't mean for my post to come across 100% negative. I applaud a lot of the people on this board for being GREAT Mean Green fans. I try to attend most of the home games and support the team, but I'm probably not nearly as passionate as some of you guys. Wearing your Mean Green jersies, standing, yelling, and cheering for the team at the game is fantastic. It's awesome that we have some really great fans.

My post was simply to let you know my OPINION on some of the actions that I thought portrayed Mean Green fans in a negative fashion. I think those gestures aimed at the press box and our North Texas coaches at a home game were not very respectful and should not be happening. Feel free to tell me to "GO TO HELL" or "GET LOST" if you would like. That won't bother me.

I would agree with all of you that the playcalling at North Texas has been suspect. I've not been a fan of our offensive gameplan since Dickey has been our head coach. But I think all the North Texas coaches deserve a little more respect than what has been shown. The same gameplan that is in effect this season won many conference titles in the past!!