Portal players by conference

40 minutes ago, Shark84 said:

Good to know the American is leading the country in transfers.

It is the next best Bball league so the big boys come poach it, and we go to other conferences and do the same.  It is a vicious cycle.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Does anyone know if a player announces he is transferring to another school, is that binding or can they back out whenever they want. Is there such a thing as a binding commitment anymore? You would think we have to be getting some guys in here on visits but maybe they just aren't making it public to try to hold on to some. Usually word leaks out,

Edited by Shark84
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shark84 said:

Does anyone know if a player announces he is transferring to another school, is that binding or can they back out whenever they want. Is there such a thing as a binding commitment anymore? You would think we have to be getting some guys in here on visits but maybe they just aren't making it public to try to hold on to some. Usually word leaks out,

No they can transfer out as much as they want is my understanding as there are no set rules being enforced.  It truly is the wild wild west!

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, Shark84 said:

Let me also add, I worry for Rubin and Aaron etc as they can be taken advantage of right now from these other schools. Evidently, James Reese and Drez did not get what they were promised when they left.  You are truly a stranger in a strange land in many respects.   And you have no laws to support you if they are bad actors.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Shark84 said:

From my understanding you aren't tied down until you enroll in the school. We've seen some commitments back out and re-open their recruitment, meaning they got a last minute offer and hadn't enrolled yet.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MrAlien said:

The Ivy league is higher on that list than the MWC, what is the MWC doing right?? 

Total speculation but many of those schools are in places with less competition for sports dollars so might be getting good community support for NIL. Plus a high percentage of MWC teams make the tournament so plenty of opportunities for the big stage. 

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

Total speculation but many of those schools are in places with less competition for sports dollars so might be getting good community support for NIL. Plus a high percentage of MWC teams make the tournament so plenty of opportunities for the big stage. 

No No No GIF

Sorry man, I gotta call BS on that.  My niece ran track for Nevada and we attended some football and basketball games.  They have very poor support and their student services are worse.  There are no business of significance there quite frankly that would have dollars to give.  I can promise you schools like Utah State and Nevada and San Jose State do not have strong NIL programs or donations in general.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, meangreenfaninno said:

No No No GIF

Sorry man, I gotta call BS on that.  My niece ran track for Nevada and we attended some football and basketball games.  They have very poor support and their student services are worse.  There are no business of significance there quite frankly that would have dollars to give.  I can promise you schools like Utah State and Nevada and San Jose State do not have strong NIL programs or donations in general.

I'd guess that they aren't as scouted/watched/desired out west. The gems get picked up by the big programs, but the rest are overlooked.

8 hours ago, 97and03 said:

A counter to the “it’s happening to everyone” argument 

clearly some are better at this game than others 

This stat will mean more when we finish with our class.  Pretty ridiculous when we have lost five and signed one.

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1