2024 March Madness Thread

26 minutes ago, CMJ said:

Remind me again why we care about Houston?  Never been in the same conference, we play each other like once every hundred years, and you are hours away from Denton geographically.  Y'all have a great team, but I don't see UNC fans coming on our board to talk about how great they are.  If they did though, I would give them crap about losing to NC State.

We were both together in the Lone Star Conference and the Gulf Coast Conference.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Cougar King said:

We pulled the starters out in the 2nd half since we still have the #1 seed and already won the Big 12 in the regular season.

LOL.  You need to say you never played your starters at all, in a game like that! 

Iowa State Football | News, Scores, Highlights, Injuries, Stats, Standings,  and Rumors | Bleacher Report

• Upvote 2

Not sure why you included the 1980 program - Houston was in the Southwest Conference by then.  If you have to go back 65 years to the last time we shared a league with the Cougars, it's safe to assume most of us weren't following sports back then.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, CMJ said:

Remind me again why we care about Houston?  Never been in the same conference, we play each other like once every hundred years, and you are hours away from Denton geographically.  Y'all have a great team, but I don't see UNC fans coming on our board to talk about how great they are.  If they did though, I would give them crap about losing to NC State.

This is the general March Madness thread. 

If I had made a separate thread about this then you would have a point.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

9 hours ago, Cougar King said:

We pulled the starters out in the 2nd half since we still have the #1 seed and already won the Big 12 in the regular season.

Remind me again what tournament UNT will be in, you're talking smack when you guys would get ran off the court against us.

1.  My bull shit alarm just went off. 

2.  Nice deflection. When you’ve got nothing in reply, deflect. You would make a typical politician. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Kinda weird to see UAB/FAU so close to each other in the bracket.  Only 2 AAC teams and they had to put them in the same region?

UCONN will knock them both out on the way to a national title.

It is bizarre.  I swear the tournament used to have a rule that unless there were a ridiculous amount of teams from one conference (say the Big 10 gets in nine), that they did everything possible to have schools within the same league avoid each other until the Regional Final/Elite 8.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, CMJ said:

It is bizarre.  I swear the tournament used to have a rule that unless there were a ridiculous amount of teams from one conference (say the Big 10 gets in nine), that they did everything possible to have schools within the same league avoid each other until the Regional Final/Elite 8.

I would say it's a little bit of "who cares" for our conference.

• Upvote 3

On 3/14/2024 at 6:00 PM, UNTLifer said:

Wow, KU gets bent over by Cincinnati to the tune of 72-52.  Where's ol' @rojomojo when you need him?

That team is genuinely awful this year. Probably the worst KU team since the late 80's. 

Similar trends to the UNT woes... Poor and lazy recruiting, injury prone depth charts, being carried by remnants of players from past squads... 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1