Season Ticket Renewals

Moobs

I got a renewal notice yesterday.  The email said ticket prices remain the same for next year, but (creatively) didn’t say anything about the MGSF changing. I logged into the ticket site to see if it was in there, but it wasn’t. So I emailed them. Got a reply this morning that the MGSF donation for section 106 will now be $200/seat. I think it was about $150ish last year.

Not too bad in my opinion considering they’re also ripping out the bleachers in the center section and installing individual seats in 104, 105 & 106. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

happy for the seat installation.  too many times, there were people on my row using their own seats and it took over my seat.  oddly, it's the top row of a section so has a built in seat back.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, tmjerm said:

Are they going to be actual seats or just add the seat backs to the existing benches?  Either way, I'm excited about it.

This statement leads me to believe they’re being ripped out and replaced. Perhaps I’m just making assumptions though to see what I want to see. But I’m sure you could email and ask for clarification. 

image.png

3 hours ago, Moobs said:

This statement leads me to believe they’re being ripped out and replaced. Perhaps I’m just making assumptions though to see what I want to see. But I’m sure you could email and ask for clarification. 

image.png

"This change....will reduce capacity of these sections."

If you take the tour of Boston's Fenway Park you will learn that baseball stadium was built in 1912. The wooden grandstand seats, with metal armrests, are very narrow and were based on the average adult width back in 1912 (112 years ago for those counting along). 

New modern seats are wider, and accompanying code changes would result in the loss of 4000 seats.

Fenway Park's Grandstand Seating Photograph by Dawna Moore Photography -  Pixels

Edited by NT80

36 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Oh wow, I had no idea they were tearing out some of the bleachers. Can't wait to see those seatbacks. I hope they take away the plastic STH seats honestly... those things don't look like they could possibly be comfortable.

The players have voted for Black seatbacks with Green-trim cupholders...

• Haha 4
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Eye Roll 1

15 hours ago, NT80 said:

"This change....will reduce capacity of these sections."

If you take the tour of Boston's Fenway Park you will learn that baseball stadium was built in 1912. The wooden grandstand seats, with metal armrests, are very narrow and were based on the average adult width back in 1912 (112 years ago for those counting along). 

New modern seats are wider, and accompanying code changes would result in the loss of 4000 seats.

Fenway Park's Grandstand Seating Photograph by Dawna Moore Photography -  Pixels

Yep, got to accommodate those that don't take care of themselves.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Rip the seats, benches out of a section and put leaning rails cup holders in them. Put this section in the end zone near the in stadium pub and allow guests to wander down with cocktails, beers, waters…this will become a rowdy section at the games mimicking sections like Tmbers Army, Los Verdes in Austin and Stretford End in Old Trafford.  

I personally don’t like sitting at games and if they made a section like this, you would see some diehard alums new graduates, kids and more simply stand and roar all game long. It would be like an in game party in that section. I’d buy a season ticket for this section in a heartbeat.

Haven’t had a seat in Toyota for a decade and these “seats” or spaces are usually more cost effective too. 

Get creative to spawn engagement. Other perks in this section allow you to get a wristband and hit the Supporters only beer and food line. No seat to sit in, but cheap, faster service options, wristband recognition.

GMG 

• Upvote 1

I asked. They aren’t saying how many seats we are losing at DATCU. Told me they weren’t sure, which I find VERY hard to believe. There’s no way they get this far into the process of switching for seats and not know how many ticket sales they’re about to lose access too. 

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Moobs said:

I asked. They aren’t saying how many seats we are losing at DATCU. Told me they weren’t sure, which I find VERY hard to believe. There’s no way they get this far into the process of switching for seats and not know how many ticket sales they’re about to lose access too. 

Bad decision if it is reducing capacity.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Bad decision if it is reducing capacity.

I disagree. It is never full and you can improve the game day experience to keep your customers, eventually charging more for premium seating. Revenue is the goal, not just number of butts. 

• Upvote 4