FAU (1/28/24)

Big Z

1 hour ago, DeepGreen said:

Hey, that’s a pretty damn rude post.😒

But spot on. I can’t believe I’m arguing with someone that doesn’t attend games. Sure as hell not away games. Love UNT from as far as a laptop cord will reach. Pitiful if you asked me. Charlotte - maybe 20 fans i(mostly parents & coach’s family). Barclays - the same. Charlotte - less than 20. FAU - I think there were 10 of us. 

Nothing like the lazy, loud mouth, never attend a road game, no it all while knowing nothing message board fan! 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5
  • Puking Eagle 1

10 minutes ago, greenminer said:

We have a ton of loyal, active, loud mouth fans here who attend lots of games and know nothing about what they are seeing.

The ton of loyal, active, loud mouth fans did NOT attend the tournament in Charleston, SC ,nor the Barclays, nor Charlotte, NC nor FAU/Boca Raton. I was there unless the ton of loyal, active, loud mouth fans all close to wear colors of the away team to blend in. Or maybe they were wearing Black in a show of support for Black uniforms. 

Please stop - you are embarrassing yourself. Or better yet, show receipts or be known to me as the biggest liar of them all. Surely you are one of the “ton”. Oh wait, did you mean weight when you said “ton”. Nevermind, nowhere near enough in attendance to come remotely close. Receipts or back to your shuffleboard game.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

The ton of loyal, active, loud mouth fans did NOT attend the tournament in Charleston, SC ,nor the Barclays, nor Charlotte, NC nor FAU/Boca Raton. I was there unless the ton of loyal, active, loud mouth fans all close to wear colors of the away team to blend in. Or maybe they were wearing Black in a show of support for Black uniforms. 

Please stop - you are embarrassing yourself. Or better yet, show receipts or be known to me as the biggest liar of them all. Surely you are one of the “ton”. Oh wait, did you mean weight when you said “ton”. Nevermind, nowhere near enough in attendance to come remotely close. Receipts or back to your shuffleboard game.

I can't tell if you are a UNT fan or not.

6 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Okay.  You attend games.  Great! I just mean to say, doesn't mean you're more important, or you're more right.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

I can't tell if you are a UNT fan or not.

I just attend the University & away basketball games.  Not sure what that qualifies me as. Hopefully I get a ribbon or participation trophy at season’s end. I’ll let you know if they deem me a fan or not.

• Downvote 1

58 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Okay.  You attend games.  Great! I just mean to say, doesn't mean you're more important, or you're more right.

I would think a loyal, and in person supporter would make me more important than a keyboard only “supporter”. CRH said as much! And since you did not provide any “receipts”, that you attend events, that also makes me more right. I knew your support was limited to your WiFi range. Thank you for playing along. 

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not getting into a fight with Hoos, going to so many games is impressive.  But not everyone is in the position financially to make those games.  OR if the alum lives out of state (or out of the country as we've had at various times international posters on GMG) let's not get on their case for missing games at the Super Pit.  Not sure why that means they're less of fans.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

I would think a loyal, and in person supporter would make me more important than a keyboard only “supporter”. CRH said as much! And since you did not provide any “receipts”, that you attend events, that also makes me more right. I knew your support was limited to your WiFi range. Thank you for playing along. 

Hey, big shot, big mouth fan, is your name on the donor will?  Great that you attend NT sporting events.  Many on this board would like to attend games but simply cannot.  Age, distance from Denton.   So my support is through WIFI and the U.S. Mail.

So STFU and have some respect.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Hey, big shot, big mouth fan, is your name on the donor will?  Great that you attend NT sporting events.  Many on this board would like to attend games but simply cannot.  Age, distance from Denton.   So my support is through WIFI and the U.S. Mail.

So STFU and have some respect.

More excuses than someone that owes me money.  The team can look up in the stands and see the amount of support they get. The school just did an all out blitz to get you out vs SMU. Do better. Step 1: Stay off the message boards. You’d rather argue with random posters about anything but basketball. Try attending a game for once. News flash - They play them EVERY year. 

Respect is earned & you haven’t earned it. 

6 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

He's been a loyal fan for decades - Deep has earned plenty of respect. 

I'd like to think I have too considering I've followed NT athletics since I was a kid.  Since I live in California now, I don't exactly make many games these days, but I know I waste more time than most worrying about how our teams are doing.

Making a lot of games isn't always easy for all of us.  Sure, rip on folks in DFW if you want for not making an effort.  Hell, I've done plenty of that too.  Not all of us are in that situation though.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

he's a bit young to need to do that already, right? 

Once again you are correct.  You are impossible to not like, even when I don’t agree with you. Your takes are usually based on some moniker of fact. I may not agree with you, but your takes are always respected, even when I am the target. 🎯 

You can always find one level headed one in the bunch of sillies, lunatics, and geriatrics.

1 hour ago, CMJ said:

I'm not getting into a fight with Hoos, going to so many games is impressive.  But not everyone is in the position financially to make those games.  OR if the alum lives out of state (or out of the country as we've had at various times international posters on GMG) let's not get on their case for missing games at the Super Pit.  Not sure why that means they're less of fans.

Sir, with all due respect, fan attendance is the #1 level of measure when it comes to “fandom”. Take the Dallas Cowboys for instance. More of those fans than any other team and they show up at ALL 17 games. Home and AWAY. Same for Packers and Niners. They flat out travel IN SUPPORT of their team.

Let’s look at the Charleston Classic. Dayton, St. John’s, and LSU fans packed the place. I wasn’t seeing 19, 20, 21 year old’s everywhere. These were 40, 50, and 60 year old fans. They support their team. How do I know? I saw them with my own 2 eyes! Where were the UNT supporters? 🦗 🦗

If you think that not showing up to events and posting on message boards is the “support” they are asking for, then God be with you. I nominate you for Fan Of The Year 🏆

Casual fan (at best) 🫤 One rung above the bandwagon fan - those that arrive for the Best o’ Times only. 

I’m done with this silly back & forth. If you want to talk UAB, I’m game. Otherwise, write your fiery retort and hit delete before you hit send. 

#GMG #GoHoos

• Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Sir, with all due respect, fan attendance is the #1 level of measure when it comes to “fandom”. Take the Dallas Cowboys for instance. More of those fans than any other team and they show up at ALL 17 games. Home and AWAY. Same for Packers and Niners. They flat out travel IN SUPPORT of their 

To be fair bit everyone has the time nor money to do this. I am a huge Mavs fan but don’t go to games and now due to Bally only listen on the radio. I don’t think it’s to fair to say only true fans can do that. To many it’s financially irresponsible to go to games. I’m not paying all that money to go to a cowboy game. I will attend every UNT sporting event at home I can with my season tickets though. 

13 hours ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Let me help you out Grandpa, I attend UNT today, not yesteryear! I know and you assume. 75% of your assumptions are 100% wrong. Stop having the need to be right and you could learn something. 

Your reply was that of a fool and it will be proven sooner than you know.

Grandpa? I'm in my 30s lil homie

• Haha 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

29 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Sir, with all due respect, fan attendance is the #1 level of measure when it comes to “fandom”. Take the Dallas Cowboys for instance. More of those fans than any other team and they show up at ALL 17 games. Home and AWAY. Same for Packers and Niners. They flat out travel IN SUPPORT of their team.

Let’s look at the Charleston Classic. Dayton, St. John’s, and LSU fans packed the place. I wasn’t seeing 19, 20, 21 year old’s everywhere. These were 40, 50, and 60 year old fans. They support their team. How do I know? I saw them with my own 2 eyes! Where were the UNT supporters? 🦗 🦗

If you think that not showing up to events and posting on message boards is the “support” they are asking for, then God be with you. I nominate you for Fan Of The Year 🏆

Casual fan (at best) 🫤 One rung above the bandwagon fan - those that arrive for the Best o’ Times only. 

I’m done with this silly back & forth. If you want to talk UAB, I’m game. Otherwise, write your fiery retort and hit delete before you hit send. 

#GMG #GoHoos

just jumping in here for this part...sometimes, we just don't want to go to the game.   hell, i'm a huge fan of the team.  been since the jankovich era, was in the pep band for the games in college, lived in denton since 95....but i just don't want to go to the games.  i'd rather watch it on tv.  football, huge fan...was in the green brigade during college...haven't missed a home game in almost 2 decades....but, i go for the tailgating.  i rarely make the end of the game.  love the teams, love the school, but i don't like attending live events.  i'll gladly take on the moniker of a #2 level fan (or below), but don't think for an instance i am not a huge fan of the douchebaging team just because i don't go to all the games.

• Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

#GMG #GoHoos

Wow bro.  I've been following the team basically since birth given both my parents also went to NT.  Hell, my dad was a letterman in Track and Cross Country and Mom wrote for the NT Daily.

If you wanna pay my airfare and hotel rooms and rental cars from Los Angeles to Dallas and Denton every game, feel free, or somehow let me get all that free time to begin I'd love for you too.  Even better if you can pay for my wife to to come and let her out of work too!  🙂  You do realize it's further from Los Angeles to Denton than it is from Denton to Charleston.  Hell, it is as close from Dallas to Brooklyn as it is from LA to Dallas.  So, you're seriously asking me to make that trip for every game otherwise I'm a casual fan? 

Okay. 

1 hour ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

You sure as hell haven’t earned one lick of respect by attacking longtime supporters. Just because you get to travel around on Daddy’s dime doesn’t earn you anything. 

• Haha 1

Mumbling in my dad’s voice … “Just allow her to have the last word and maybe she’ll move on.”  Thought I would need a Mrs. first. 

The old “write it - delete it - don’t press send” bit didn’t work either. 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Oh, here’s one. Tell them they won. That should do the trick. 

Hey guys/gals - You win!!! 🥇

I now declare all message board warriors that haven’t been to one road game- EVER (and home games too) as TRUE MEAN GREEN FANS! So let it be said, so let it be done.

Hopefully we can discuss UAB. If not, cue up the ECU stolen win or uniforms. Haven’t discussed the UNT God in 5 minutes. I wonder how the weather is in Kansas.🤔 That’s always a good one. 

Edited by HoosMeanGreen
  • Eye Roll 1

25 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

You sure as hell haven’t earned one lick of respect by attacking longtime supporters. Just because you get to travel around on Daddy’s dime doesn’t earn you anything. 

Let me fix that for you. 

You sure as hell haven’t earned one lick of respect by attacking longtime message board subscribers that consider themselves to be supporters.

Facts 🤔 Good story😊 I thought we had this discussion already. Is a refresher required? Look above - 100% admission that you guys don’t go to games! But I already knew that. I didn’t need your confession. I was simply stating a FACT!

23 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Mumbling in my dad’s voice … “Just allow her to have the last word and maybe she’ll move on.”  Thought I would need a Mrs. first. 

The old “write it - delete it - don’t press send” bit didn’t work either. 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Oh, here’s one. Tell them they won. That should do the trick. 

Hey guys/gals - You win!!! 🥇

I now declare all message board warriors that haven’t been to one road game- EVER (and home games too) as TRUE MEAN GREEN FANS! So let it be said, so let it be done.

Hopefully we can discuss UAB. If not, cue up the ECU stolen win or uniforms. Haven’t discussed the UNT God in 5 minutes. I wonder how the weather is in Kansas.🤔 That’s always a good one. 

love_but_don_t_like_you-DMID1-5hs7tadog-