Breaking: New Commit 1/6

11 hours ago, MeanGreenGlory said:

I don't understand why we keep recruiting the puzzle piece position...

We already have at least 60 puzzle pieces on the roster and another 20+ puzzle pieces committed in this year's class...

Can we please start recruiting positions of need?

muppet-muppet-show.gif

12 hours ago, MeanGreenGlory said:

I don't understand why we keep recruiting the puzzle piece position...

We already have at least 60 puzzle pieces on the roster and another 20+ puzzle pieces committed in this year's class...

Can we please start recruiting positions of need?

Don’t you remember how successful Gary Patterson was at recruiting HS puzzle pieces & converting them to other positions?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Re: Chubba

Watched every Nebraska game this season.  Average at best arm strength.  Decent runner.  Could barely get on the field for the worst QB room in the country.  They just got the number 1 QB recruit in the country so he would never see the field.  Set your expectations accordingly gents.  Will be happy to have him and I think he'll be serviceable, but would hope for better options. Maybe he will blossom with more playing time.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

15 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Expecting whoever is our starting QB next fall to be "just as potent" as Rogers was this past season is unrealistic.  But it's not unrealistic that he could be part of an offense that wins more games next season than Rogers did.

Morris put up the same type of numbers Rogers did at ULM except Morris did it in the Big 12. His issue is staying on the field. If he stays healthy, he can do what Rogers did last year.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, NTPoonKing said:

Re: Chubba

Watched every Nebraska game this season.  Average at best arm strength.  Decent runner.  Could barely get on the field for the worst QB room in the country.  They just got the number 1 QB recruit in the country so he would never see the field.  Set your expectations accordingly gents.  Will be happy to have him and I think he'll be serviceable, but would hope for better options. Maybe he will blossom with more playing time.

I don’t see Chubba as a must have, but a nice depth piece that can compete with the opportunity to surprise. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, GoGreenBeans said:

No matter who we have at QB we gotta keep them upright. You can have a great QB but if that line doesn’t block well it won’t work

Agreed.

Also, I think this dude is a new pickup. Coach O dropped a puzzle piece around the same time he posted his commitment. I still think the one from yesterday is a WR and has yet to make his commitment post.

Edited by Jdawg48
  • Upvote 3

https://247sports.com/Player/makyi-lee-46058458/junior-college-268682/

6'6 327 pound OL that transferred to Mizzou from Coffeyville Junior College. He had 20 plus offers coming our of Coffeyville. It looks like he didn't play at Mizzou. However, I would think a back up at Mizzou would be in contention for playing time at a G5. It will be interesting to see how the OL looks next year with all these P5 transfers.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, GoGreenBeans said:

All these talented WRs coming in…can we please get a transfer QB to throw it to them? Just a late Christmas present for Mean Green nation

Can we get some defensive front seven help as well?

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, jtm0097 said:

https://247sports.com/Player/makyi-lee-46058458/junior-college-268682/

6'6 327 pound OL that transferred to Mizzou from Coffeyville Junior College. He had 20 plus offers coming our of Coffeyville. It looks like he didn't play at Mizzou. However, I would think a back up at Mizzou would be in contention for playing time at a G5. It will be interesting to see how the OL looks next year with all these P5 transfers.

Love those big uglies. Keep em coming!

• Lovely Take 1