Ladies finishing out nonconference at Montana State

Matt from A700

On 12/21/2023 at 9:54 PM, GrandGreen said:

This loss is on who ever scheduled this game.   NT would have beat this team easily closer to sea level. 

Montana St is 1-4 away

Apparently, some of you didn't bother to watch the game before commenting on it.

The NT players were gassed from the start and played at a substantial disadvantage in that altitude.  

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 4

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

Apparently, some of you didn't bother to watch the game before commenting on it.

The NT players were gassed from the start and played at a substantial disadvantage in that altitude.  

Is this a division 1 program or not? That’s a weak excuse. 

• Upvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 12/24/2023 at 3:17 PM, GrandGreen said:

I will respectfully disagree.  We ran the entire game, just way out of sorts.

Altitude of Bozeman = 4,820

The highest altitude town in TX is Fort Davis at 5,050 feet.  I have spent time there and never really had any issues, so D1 athletes should be fine.  Heck, Amarillo is at 3,662 and nobody has an issue.  We are conditioned enough and deep enough to handle the altitude of Bozeman.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

The highest altitude town in TX is Fort Davis at 5,050 feet.  I have spent time there and never really had any issues, so D1 athletes should be fine.  Heck, Amarillo is at 3,662 and nobody has an issue.  We are conditioned enough and deep enough to handle the altitude of Bozeman.

just a poor performance, maybe ladies looked past Montana St, hopefully Coach Burton uses the game as a learning experience to prep for AAC schedule.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Difference of opinion, sure they ran; but to me the NT players looked obviously labored compared to playing in lower altitude locals.  

Back in the Big West days NT could never beat Denver in Colorado, yet had much better success in Texas.  

12 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Agree.  The only altitude issue we had was the altitude of Montana St's 3-point shots we poorly defended! 

Montana St. hit (9) nine 3-pointers.

• Upvote 1