So when they leave us do we let them come back?

Tommy Gadberry

2 minutes ago, jdennis82 said:

Maybe we on this board let those in the pogrom make those decisions and we just continue to support our players, coaches, and support staff.

Just my perspective. Feel free to have your own.

It's getting to the point, or this is all you can do if you want to support the mean green. Be there to support your school regardless of who's on the field, and wish the coaches the best. But at the same time, in this new world, feel free to hold players accountable and let them hear it when they don't perform.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Tommy Gadberry said:

Just wondered if once Rogers leaves if there any chance he might come back.  Not feeling good about him leaving us.

I don't know what it means that he didn't tell ChatGPT to write him a thank you note to UNT. All business.

Not even a "Respect my decision" or "God's plan 🙏" lmao

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

4 hours ago, Tommy Gadberry said:

Just wondered if once Rogers leaves if there any chance he might come back.  Not feeling good about him leaving us.

After selfish choice like that…. Nope. He could come crawling back and offer us 100k just to play and I would hold the door open as he leaves…. Already shown his character and that’s problem. We in turn get the same as we get more and more transfers. Guys in battle who would turn their back an walk away while their friends and ally’s take the bullets and sacrifice it all. College sports are really becoming pathetic to watch play out. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 7

4 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Until he signs elsewhere, there's definitely a chance he could come back.

KD Davis did!

KD spent 4 years here before then... Rodgers is a mercenary. This will be his 5th college . He doesn't have loyalty to us and we shouldn't expect it

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Andrew said:

After selfish choice like that…. Nope. He could come crawling back and offer us 100k just to play and I would hold the door open as he leaves…. Already shown his character and that’s problem. We in turn get the same as we get more and more transfers. Guys in battle who would turn their back an walk away while their friends and ally’s take the bullets and sacrifice it all. College sports are really becoming pathetic to watch play out. 

Objectively stupid.  If someone offered you a million bucks and you don't have a mortgage or rent and all your food is paid for and free gym membership, better work facilities you'd be foolish not to go. Not blaming Rodgers for the sins of the ncaa. 

Edited by p_phelps
  • Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

37 minutes ago, L Ron Studdard said:

Well, luckily for you, I don't think that's going to happen.

That’s great! These kids may even have difficulty finding jobs because of all this. Our old neighbor worked in distribution for a company. Always said I have never turned down a guy who was an Eagle Scout or came in ready for his first job on a straight path. Always had to turn away the guy bouncing around jobs or were not stable going to various colleges or other fields of work first. It’s really not a great look for the future on all of these NCAA athletes doing this. 😕 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

34 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

Objectively stupid.  If someone offered you a million bucks and you don't have a mortgage or rent and all your food is paid for and free gym membership, better work facilities you'd be foolish not to go. Not blaming Rodgers for the sins of the ncaa. 

This is the most important frame of reference here.

These guys are transferring, because that is what the system is now encouraging them to do.

It hurts us, as fans, to lose players we've come to enjoy watching suit up in Green.  But it's not fair for us to get mad at them when they have an opportunity to earn 6, or even 7 figures playing football for a couple of years.   There's not a single person here on this site who wouldn't make that trade.   Don't even lie @Andrew.

Now, dudes who were stuck on the bench... they're simply transferring to have an opportunity to play.   We shouldn't be mad at them in the first place.

• Upvote 3
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

This is the most important frame of reference here.

These guys are transferring, because that is what the system is now encouraging them to do.

It hurts us, as fans, to lose players we've come to enjoy watching suit up in Green.  But it's not fair for us to get mad at them when they have an opportunity to earn 6, or even 7 figures playing football for a couple of years.   There's not a single person here on this site who wouldn't make that trade.   Don't even lie @Andrew.

Now, dudes who were stuck on the bench... they're simply transferring to have an opportunity to play.   We shouldn't be mad at them in the first place.

I legit wouldn’t take a million dollars to transfer out of UNT. 

One transfer that’s it and one redshirt year in any sport as long as they played 30% or less of the games. 

NIL shouldn’t play as factor as it should be abolished and the only money to be made should be incentive based and given to the team equally. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, p_phelps said:

I thought offering kids that are on another school’s roster and had yet to enter the portal was an NCAA violation?  Oh, that’s right. The NCAA has no balls. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I thought offering kids that are on another school’s roster and had yet to enter the portal was an NCAA violation?  Oh, that’s right. The NCAA has no balls. 

It is technically,  but ncaa has all but said tampering is legal. We better be doing the same at the fcs level for the best players in that league

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Andrew said:

I legit wouldn’t take a million dollars to transfer out of UNT. 

One transfer that’s it and one redshirt year in any sport as long as they played 30% or less of the games. 

NIL shouldn’t play as factor as it should be abolished and the only money to be made should be incentive based and given to the team equally. 

Emotional response. Let's say even of Rodgers get 100-200k. Sets him up immediately to invest or buy a house. In this economy it's hard to do right out of school. It ABSOLUTELY  sucks! And I have no excitement going into next year BUT this isn't on Rodgers. He was a hired gun and if we didn't have the worst defense in the country it would have worked out well 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, DentonLurker said:

To answer the original question… If I’m the coach and any player wanting to come back makes my team better, I’m welcoming you back with open arms.

The Coach looks at it from a much different perspective than a fan, for sure.  

I think most coaches would agree with your stance.  
I think most fans would not. 

• Upvote 1