FAU

emmitt01

I watched the first half of the FAU game and they looked really good, granted it was against a weak program that won 8 games last year with a former 5 star recruit.

If I'm not mistaken, a crowd of 3100 means they were at capacity. I saw video of students sleeping outside the arena overnight to get a good seat at the game.

• Eye Roll 1

20 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Does that mean you're happy with a one-bid conference? Personally it's hard for me to understand how someone that is a fan of North Texas cannot want the conference to stand out as well as possible.

We should want every team in the AAC to do well out of conference.

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

FAU has done something most mid majors can't do,  Keep their team together and start out the year like they have played together.  I think if Tyler would have stayed we would be a better team for it.  But money talks and I think that is why there are a lot of upsets early.  The teams are heavy in the portals and the teams have to gel together.  We were the same way last year.  When Kai was playing his first games I thought this guy is not that good.  Once the team came together Kai was very good.  I am hoping the same for this year.  This last few games were disappointing but we have room to turn it around.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Does that mean you're happy with a one-bid conference? Personally it's hard for me to understand how someone that is a fan of North Texas cannot want the conference to stand out as well as possible.

Emotions over logic. Maybe because my undergraduate work was at a multi-bid conference that I developed an us vs them mentality. I never found myself cheering for our conference. Going to have to get used to cheering for other teams. The learning curve here is steep. I’m up for the task. 

About to head into the final game of the tournament and cheer the team on with the other 22 UNT supporters that made the trip.

GMG! 

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

This isn’t Cougar High’s board. Do some research before posting. 

We're a high school yet have higher admissions standards, better academics, 5 times UNT's endowment, play in a P5 conference and have a Top 5 Basketball Team.

Come on man lmao.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

45 minutes ago, Cougar King said:

We're a high school yet have higher admissions standards, better academics, 5 times UNT's endowment, play in a P5 conference and have a Top 5 Basketball Team.

Come on man lmao.

At least we agree on the Coog high part.  Take away frito bandito pouring cash into the program and the Coogs would still be in the AAC. 

Let's see how long boosters of programs like Hooston want to continue to pour money in trying to compete with the top 20-30 NIL programs.